How many here are autistic¿

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
then you're as much a bigot as they are. and no better. and you don't know every neurotypical to assume this.
Your ignorance is showing.. I literally just said that 'I didn't say there weren't smart neurotypicals'. IMHO, short of being brain damaged or disordered to a point of requiring help to perform daily activities, objective intelligence is largely a choice of the individual. But with the education system pumping out one track minded, sheeple, like a factory, by the millions; only those that are able to push past their initial teachings are able to make the choice to be/become intellectuals.

Autistic people naturally overthink, which places us at a higher statistical likelihood of pushing past, or even overwriting our initial teachings. It's nothing to do with bigotry, it's just facts. Overthinking isn't always a party though, trust me on that.. TBH, autism is as much of a curse as it is a blessing. Yes, many of us have the ability to innovate in ways that the average NT could only dream of, but it comes at a cost. Many of us going our entire lives with few/no friends, no GF, jumping from job to job. Like Callie has pointed out, when it comes to psychology, things are rarely black and white.

Last edited:
Disclaimer: Apologies BTW. I think I may have been inadvertently presumptuous about you having autism, what with the thread topic and all. If you don't, then perhaps just disregard anything referring to that.
My school experience is like... Nixon administration. I don't have any clue to how schools today are. I was thrown out of school in 9th grade. Not for being disruptive or trouble. I just skipped as much as I went. But rather than assisting me with the issues involved, they quit me. In as much as they were paid to do what they didn't, it's just human nature. A new teacher wants to help all. A new cop wants to make a difference. A new congressman wants to fix government. Time goes on and that enthusiasm vanishes. The chore seems too big. So they devolve into a slot where they do as little as they have to while still being paid.
Ain't that true. That's another issue with the education system. It doesn't teach kids about the actual jobs.. You're asked at age 5 'what do you want to be when you grow up' My answer was 'I don't know, what types of jobs are available?'. I think my teacher's oh so enlightening answer to that was along the lines of 'lots!'. So we've got a lot of people getting into jobs that they only ever liked at face value. Or people like me that never really tried because I was never taught enough to know what I wanted in the first place. Hard to win a race when you don't know which direction you're running in..

My experience as a parent is more contemporary. In the early part of the new century my son was repeatedly disciplined in school. The things they accused him of were out of character, at least from my perspective. It continued, he'd been suspended a number of times.
I have heard that recent studies have found that autism is possibly hereditary. If your son has that, then he's likely dealing with some of the same as you went through. My friend's little brother is also dealing with similar issues, because apparently his principle is an ignorant prick. So I'll tell you the same as I told him; if they are treating him unfairly based on a disorder/s, then speak to the principal. If the principal is the issue then speak to the school board. Just keep going over heads until you find someone that emphasizes with your son's case, and is willing/able to do something about it.

Everything in society is politics these days, you've just got to talk to the right people.

I was eventually allowed a meeting with the principal, his teacher, and one of the last students to accuse him along with the boys parent. The boy finally confessed that my son hadn't done what he was accused of. It was a game among the boys to see how much trouble they could get my son into. These were his second to fifth grade years. It had gone on long enough to give my son a reputation for trouble-making. They would stage a lookout and when a teacher was approaching they'd goad my son into fighting back or some other prank to make my son look guilty.
Yep, kids are ********.. I guess my buddy didn't have too many problems in school, but to be fair, he befriended one of the 'cool' kids, so that likely bought him some slack. And ya, I was about that popular when I was in school. I only ever made friends with the bottom of the rung outcasts, and if those didn't exist at the school I went to, I didn't have friends.

His teacher that last year literally hated him and had no interest in uncovering the circumstances. Accusing him was just matter-of-fact.
See response number 2, lol. If professionals want to be pricks go over their heads. Almost everyone has a boss.

My experience with school systems doesn't instill me with confidence in them.
Like I've said, schools raise obedient patriots, anyone that strays out of that line is seen as a threat to the balance, and dealt with as such. It's not right, and really should be spoken against.

I'll advocate for teachers getting a living wage
A 'living wage'..? They should be recieving a respectable wage. They aren't McDonalds employees. What they do requires extra schooling beyond high school. Schooling that costs them money and years of their lives. How many years does a CEO have to go to school to make millions?

It comes from my view that teachers mold the future and they aren't given their due. Better benefits means better teachers. We cannot expect to have people to solve world issues if we pick and chose those that we feel deserve to be educated. The greatest minds in the world were, from some perspective, trouble students.
It also has to do with the entire system/curriculum. If it doesn't teach people to think and innovate, then it's practically useless (relatively speaking), regardless of how good the teachers are. Hell with some subjects, they've practically made the teachers obsolete. Like, they're just there to repeat some stuff they've memorized then check in the back of the textbook to see if the kids got the answers correct. All that multiple choice BS..

A difficult student needs more attention, not less. Is that the consensus today?
Or they just need someone to listen to them (and take them seriously) in order to discover what their needs are.

Reactions: JJW
Your ignorance is showing.. I literally just said that 'I didn't say there weren't smart neurotypicals'. IMHO, short of being brain damaged or disordered to a point of requiring help to perform daily activities, objective intelligence is largely a choice of the individual. But with the education system pumping out one track minded, sheeple, like a factory, by the millions; only those that are able to push past their initial teachings are able to make the choice to be/become intellectuals.

Autistic people naturally overthink, which places us at a higher statistical likelihood of pushing past, or even overwriting our initial teachings. It's nothing to do with bigotry, it's just facts. Overthinking isn't always a party though, trust me on that.. TBH, autism is as much of a curse as it is a blessing. Yes, many of us have the ability to innovate in ways that the average NT could only dream of, but it comes at a cost. Many of us going our entire lives with few/no friends, no GF, jumping from job to job. Like Callie has pointed out, when it comes to psychology, things are rarely black and white.
No I’m saying you’re showing rank hypocrisy

I have Aspergers syndrome, i don't have any friends , no social life and no relationships, being rejected by women has caused me a lot of depression. i can understand why incels hate women because i certainly do.

I have Aspergers syndrome, i don't have any friends , no social life and no relationships, being rejected by women has caused me a lot of depression. i can understand why incels hate women because i certainly do.
Hating women because they have free will and thus a reason to turn anybody down is irrational.

You've spent time deriding neurotypicals, which is based on them deriding autistics. You're no better than they are. It's bigotry on both sides.
Not all autistic people are as creative as you suggest. It's comical though, since it's just hypocrisy in any event.

I can somewhat agree with that. Given that by 'medical conditions' you mean mental disorders and the like. There's a lot of factors which are not taken into account when diagnosing disorders. Even the DSM-5 is full of flaws (of which will likely be discovered down the road as we learn more). And the way we handle diagnosing and treating people even on a professional level is woefully underdeveloped (in contrast to the potential of things). To put things into perspective, it wasn't more than 100 years ago that things like 'female hysteria', electroshock therapy, and lobotomies were a thing.

Medical conditions can encompass anything from mental to physical. All of it can be hard to research because there's so much information and some of it can be hard to understand. Everything is full of flaws. No one has all the answers and sometimes, it's honestly a guessing game. My niece when through a very hard time for three years trying to figure out why she was having such intense abdomen pain.

Everybody may not be stupid, but we do live in a society ripe with ignorance, and ruled by greed, so there's many ongoing factors which skew our ability to even say what is psychologically 'normal'.

Nothing is normal, except the setting on the washing machine.

SMH.. I know this will sound ignorant, but .. This must be a woman thing.. It's way too mind fucky for me, lol.. You basically purposefully made yourself look stupid, so you could bite my head off when I called you on it. lol..
No, it has nothing to do with making myself look stupid. It has to do with not going to the extra effort for someone who may just attack me and not respect what I post. It saves me time...and free time is something I don't really have in spades. Longer posts also takes me hours to write since I have to keep coming back while I work. For example, I started this post last night. Lol

To be fair, please don't judge me based on what I said the last time I was on this forum. I have changed a lot since then (whether you choose to believe it or not). TBH, back then, I didn't do near the amount of research as I do these days before making arguments. And I was full of a lot of unchained anger.

I do have a bit of anger these days because this girl basically made me think we were soulmates, dragged me along while playing games for three months, then ghosted me after telling me how much I meant to her and that I'd be in her life forever.. So yea, I'm still dealing with that on a daily basis.. It's like a ghost limb.. I love her and I hate her.. that's a pain I won't get over anytime soon. But no, I'm not taking that out on you, I'm just putting it there as context to why I may come across more frustrated, and less composed than I did prior to that (of which you were not witness to.).

Nothing is ever so black and white with me. I go back and look at what you did the first time you were here, yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean I use it to judge you today. That said, I did see that you attacked then, the same as you do now. So yes, I kept my replies with you short and sweet because you attack first, ask questions later. That part of you hasn't seemed to change overly much. Yes we are coming to an understanding now, but that's not how it started. Regardless of whether you have a reason or not, that doesn't excuse it. I know all about anger and what it can do to you. My first account here was me as a bitter, angry ***** who attacked first and asked questions later. Some people still see me that way, judging me as I used to be. Bit it takes time for people to see and believe that you've changed.
But, you essentially did the same thing to me. You said yourself that you remember how "unlikable" I am/was.

Because what you said at the time didn't feel very open to interpretation. And it did feel rather judgemental of my intentions.

But again, that's your interpretation of it, not necessarily the interpretation I meant when I wrote it. We all do that, look at things from our own perspective because we don't think like other people, we can only think like ourselves. We are all guilty of that.

But yea, I think we've both jumped to conclusions about one another, and could have been more careful with choosing our words. Regardless to which of us started the fire, the other hasn't done a good job to try and put it out. As I said, I'm not looking to make enemies here. Honestly, I hate the concept of coming on here to replies attacking my every point. I also hate having to defend my every point as if I were some bad intentioned villain. I would much prefer a more positive flow in the conversation. So if you can work towards understanding me, I'll do the same.

Okay, but do you assume everyone who disagrees with you is arguing with you? I state my own opinions without sugar coating anything. I don't hate you or anyone else here. I'm not out to get anyone here. All I see are (mostly) strangers on the internet. Sometimes I agree with them, sometimes I don't, but I rarely get angry about anything, unless someone attacks my kids. Just because I don't agree with you all the time doesn't mean I see you as a villain.
But yes, as long as the insults stop, I can attempt be more understanding.

I said 'genius', not 'evil genius', LOL.. Seriously though, if you're truly smart, there's much less likelihood that you'd host the kind of ignorance needed to do something like rape, or join the KKK, or abuse someone. Because you'd think of better solutions, and wouldn't be hating entire races based on what a few may have done to you. Keeping in mind, like I just said on the other thread, I feel the pre-established guidelines for what is classified as 'intelligence' are terribly wrong/outdated. That is to say, I personally would not gauge someone dumb enough to join the KKK, as 'intelligent'. Nor should anyone else. Like.. 'you hate all black people, because one stole you car... Okaaaay....' SMH..

Or people that smack their kids around because they think it'll make them behave better.. If you can't think of a better way to make your kids behave, I'd hardly call you a genius..

I will agree on one point though, it's not that simple. I mean, obviously it's easy enough for me to sit back and say I'd kill off all the stupid people if I could. But I'm no dictator. If put in an actual position of having that much power, I would change the education system, and police the mainstream media, in order to produce more intellectual, autonomous thinking individuals.

That, imho, is the difference between a genius and an idiot. An idiot may be smart enough to see the idiocy rampant in society, but too stupid to think of a respectable solution to weed it out. Like when Chairman Mao wanted to wipe the slate and start new, he resorted to mass genocide. I may speak flippantly, but I am no idiot.

Also note that a true genius will often be seen as an idiot, because they see things that no one else can.

Define "truly smart"? Evil genius is actually a thing. Doesn't make them any less of a genius, it just means they are more intent on destruction rather than helping. Two sides of the same coin really. If you don't think there are some truly smart people out there intent on doing harm, I think you are fooling yourself. Some very smart autistic people abuse those they love, whether it be emotionally or physically. It's not always on purpose, but does that change the reality of them doing it? Does that make the person being abused feel any less abused?
The KKK is a pretty old organization, so while your theory on intelligence in that regard may be true today, it probably wasn't way back when. Times were different back then, everything was different back then. I'm not saying it was right, regardless of the era we are talking about, but the era does matter. You can't know if you would say the same thing if you were born back then...none of us can because we would be different people if we were born in a different era.

So, do you have to be a genius in all areas to be a "true" genius and not an idiot? And who's to say that there aren't more "geniuses" out there, they just aren't rich enough or famous enough to be able to make any of the "respectable solutions" happen? Because let's be honest here, the average not rich person isn't ever going to get a whole lot of anything done because they don't have the means to do it. Doesn't necessarily mean they haven't tried, but it's unlikely they will get far unless they get backing from someone rich and/or famous.

As I just mentioned in the incel thread, that word is actually largely prejudicial towards men. When properly dissected, it makes claim to the people it's used against that they only care about sex. Like they're pissed at all women because they can't get laid. I personally find it disgusting that it's been so acceptable to refer to men as such, even if their words and actions are detestable.

Hating women because they have free will and thus a reason to turn anybody down is irrational.
That's really under thinking it. While I don't agree with the concept of hating all of any demographic purely upon one's own personal experiences; I can understand where he's coming from. It has nothing to do with their 'free will'.. It has more to do with the fact that they're able to be picky and choosy about whom they choose to date, whereas with men, unless you've got a good 'dating resume', you've got very little choice, or none at all. But this problem isn't necessarily with women, as much as it is with society.

You've spent time deriding neurotypicals, which is based on them deriding autistics. You're no better than they are. It's bigotry on both sides.
Not all autistic people are as creative as you suggest. It's comical though, since it's just hypocrisy in any event.
Not all are. Some are lower functioning. I will admit to knowing rather little about the lower end of the spectrum. Most of what I speak is based on the higher end of the spectrum. Either way, the facts speak for themselves. You think that so many of us go through our entire lives without friends/partners because NT's aren't (mostly) ignorant? To say otherwise may place you in the category of ignorance.

My niece when through a very hard time for three years trying to figure out why she was having such intense abdomen pain.
I would actually chalk that up to the shitty health care system. I could be wrong mind you, as I'm not privy to what level of treatments she was going through. But in my experience with it, it's too much of a rush job. They're medical professionals but rushing through patients like they're working fast food.. And I live in Canada.. So I don't imagine her scenario is much better. But if these people had the proper time to work with their patients, and give each one the care they deserve, I imagine it wouldn't be so much of a 'guessing game'. Or at least that game wouldn't take three years..

Nothing is normal, except the setting on the washing machine.
Lol.. I know. That's why I put normal into quotes, because it's rather stupid that our society has coined such a word, purely for placing judgment on people wholesale, for doing the kinds of normal human behaviors of which should never be judged. IMHO, that's a large part of why so many people are suicidal, or have mental disorders in the first place. Because we're effectively forced to give up our childhood innocence, and a large part of our happiness with it.. Can't do this or that, have to 'grow up', 'act normal' .etc. Even the simple concept of displaying extreme happiness/euphoria in a public area can be seen as 'abnormal'.

The only things that are seen as universally normal, is to walk around like a damned robot with arms at sides.

No, it has nothing to do with making myself look stupid. It has to do with not going to the extra effort for someone who may just attack me and not respect what I post.
While I understand not tossing pearls before swine; perhaps gauge someone's personal reaction to you before hoarding those pearls, lol. Otherwise you may just create a self fulfilling prophesy.

My first account here was me as a bitter, angry ***** who attacked first and asked questions later.
Lol.. guess we were the same in that sense. But naw, my judgment of you since coming back has mostly been based on you from now. I don't hold grudges. I've actually been in multiple situations in my life in which people have treated me like honeysuckle, but I came to see them as neutral or even liking them. I do have a way of making people more positive when they're around me long enough. Few give me enough of a chance to get to that point though.

I've actually had many dreams in which I'm sitting back, having long philosophical conversations with some of the worst people in my life (people that I never came to terms with).

One thing I can say, is that anyone that sees me as bigoted or judgemental, clearly doesn't know me at all.

Okay, but do you assume everyone who disagrees with you is arguing with you?
Is that not the definition of an argument? To think otherwise would be to assume you're right. Lol. Well, anyone that directly disagrees via txt or voice.

The KKK is a pretty old organization, so while your theory on intelligence in that regard may be true today, it probably wasn't way back when. Times were different back then, everything was different back then. I'm not saying it was right, regardless of the era we are talking about, but the era does matter. You can't know if you would say the same thing if you were born back then...none of us can because we would be different people if we were born in a different era.
Eh.. I can. I mean, we're not talking about Nazi Germany here, that was a bit different. People weren't forced to join/follow the KKK, or having their families threatened if they didn't join. It also wasn't a governmental organization.

See, I have always been a very passive person. I detest violence and don't see a point in it. I don't care for blind hate at all. Even in the early-mid 80's when racism was still largely a thing, I always told myself that if I was around more black people, I'd be the one standing up for them. TBH, if I was to join the KKK at all, it would only be in an attempt to change the hearts and minds from within the organization.

Define "truly smart"?
I actually did, but to break it down, it's the people that make the best choices available to them, while taking into account potential consequences, objective morality, gain vs loss .etc. The only thing gained with violence is a false sense of power. For when you take that power through physical force, you never really have it because any smart person will live in constant fear of the blow-back from that method.

Of course you could factor in those that are smart enough to get away with murder, kill someone in a way that cannot be traced back to them. But one of the main definers of intellect is to know that you can always be wrong, so with that said, even those people, if they were truly smart, would fear the blow-back of said event.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Negativity is not something you want coming back to you, so anyone that is truly smart will avoid negative actions unless they are a very last resort.
So, do you have to be a genius in all areas to be a "true" genius and not an idiot? And who's to say that there aren't more "geniuses" out there, they just aren't rich enough or famous enough to be able to make any of the "respectable solutions" happen? Because let's be honest here, the average not rich person isn't ever going to get a whole lot of anything done because they don't have the means to do it. Doesn't necessarily mean they haven't tried, but it's unlikely they will get far unless they get backing from someone rich and/or famous.
And if someone is rich or famous enough, it is very unlikely they will do anything good with it anyways. That's why the world is the way it is. Because it's run by idiots that would prefer to make a quick buck, than to make the world a better place. They tie money to happiness, yet, they work a lifetime before retiring, despite having millions or billions.. The truth is, if people truly valued happiness over material gain, then a lot more people would be happy, instead of spending a lifetime working towards a happiness that they'll never receive. It is this state of the world that is solid proof that most people are idiots. I mean, if you can't figure out something so basic, you're not exactly a genius.

Not all are. Some are lower functioning. I will admit to knowing rather little about the lower end of the spectrum. Most of what I speak is based on the higher end of the spectrum. Either way, the facts speak for themselves. You think that so many of us go through our entire lives without friends/partners because NT's aren't (mostly) ignorant? To say otherwise may place you in the category of ignorance.
It's a stereotype to suggest that all high-functioning autistics are ultra-creative. Many just have average intelligence.

As I just mentioned in the incel thread, that word is actually largely prejudicial towards men. When properly dissected, it makes claim to the people it's used against that they only care about sex. Like they're pissed at all women because they can't get laid. I personally find it disgusting that it's been so acceptable to refer to men as such, even if their words and actions are detestable.

That's really under thinking it. While I don't agree with the concept of hating all of any demographic purely upon one's own personal experiences; I can understand where he's coming from. It has nothing to do with their 'free will'.. It has more to do with the fact that they're able to be picky and choosy about whom they choose to date, whereas with men, unless you've got a good 'dating resume', you've got very little choice, or none at all. But this problem isn't necessarily with women, as much as it is with society.
So then, these people are fools who don't get how rudimentary social dynamics work. Who is to prevent human choice, which we all hold, since it hurts some incel's feelings? It's inane to hate all women because they are exercising their free choice as human beings and not dating people. Men choose dates too, and have standards. The world isn't a fair place, that's life.

It's a stereotype to suggest that all high-functioning autistics are ultra-creative. Many just have average intelligence.
Those facts are also skewed by the ignorance of the masses, and the terrible education system. We're also very emotional, so it can be difficult to pursue our intellectual potential when spending a lifetime alone, and with next to no unprompted support from anyone. I'm talking about potential though, not actuality based on the fact that this world is messed.

But let me get one thing straight, I don't pre-judge any one individual based on stereotyping of any kind. It just happens that most NT's I've met in my life are bloody idiots that couldn't tie their own shoelaces if someone didn't tell them how to do it. Like, if you can't think beyond your teachings, then what exactly is your purpose in this life?

It's inane to hate all women because they are exercising their free choice as human beings and not dating people. Men choose dates too, and have standards. The world isn't a fair place, that's life.
So you're saying that all straight, ugly men (real ugly, not TV-ugly) should probably just give up and kill themselves because they'll never find a woman, and that thought is justifiable because women have free will? FEMALE WHITE POWER!!!!! MEN ARE GARBAGE!!!!!

Sorry, I had to.. You're being a total Cathy Newman, and putting your own bullshit thoughts and words into my mouth.

My opinion, give up your bullshit feminazi crusade. Women have enough support to get through the next century (or two).

And just because you have free will, doesn't mean you (general - women) have to default to being a stuck up *****..

There's more to men than just their looks. But fine, if you want to turn down guys based on looks alone, then frankly, I hope you end up with a good looking, rich guy, that sleeps around on you and treats you like honeysuckle when he feels like it. Because he's good looking, and rich, so he can have standards and doesn't need YOU.

I don't necessarily mean this towards you though.. Just any woman that feels 'free will' trumps any need for objective morality.

And yea.. Men's standards are A LOT lower than women's(on average, SOME men can get away with higher standards due to looks, money, fame .etc.

Who is to prevent human choice, which we all hold, since it hurts some incel's feelings?
So now who's the bigot? You sound like a woman that's been scorned by one too many men. Well, maybe men wouldn't be dicks to women if society didn't raise them to bottle up any non-negative emotion. and if society didn't raise women to be treated like princesses with a victim mentality.

And if it's OK for women to say 'incel' then it's my equal right to start calling women, sluts. Actually, More rights, since unlike sluts, 'incels' aren't actually getting sex. So to call men that can't find a woman to accept him in any way, an 'incel', while preaching your free will to only date men that meet your personal (aesthetic) standards (since obviously sex is the only thing that matters to you) is pretty **** bent..

But, to be quite frank, and all biases and bullshit aside; society is messed, and women are not the victims, EVERYONE is.

Last edited:
Those facts are also skewed by the ignorance of the masses, and the terrible education system. We're also very emotional, so it can be difficult to pursue our intellectual potential when spending a lifetime alone, and with next to no unprompted support from anyone. I'm talking about potential though, not actuality based on the fact that this world is messed.

But let me get one thing straight, I don't pre-judge any one individual based on stereotyping of any kind. It just happens that most NT's I've met in my life are bloody idiots that couldn't tie their own shoelaces if someone didn't tell them how to do it. Like, if you can't think beyond your teachings, then what exactly is your purpose in this life?

So you're saying that all straight, ugly men (real ugly, not TV-ugly) should probably just give up and kill themselves because they'll never find a woman, and that thought is justifiable because women have free will? FEMALE WHITE POWER!!!!! MEN ARE GARBAGE!!!!!

Sorry, I had to.. You're being a total Cathy Newman, and putting your own bullshit thoughts and words into my mouth.

My opinion, give up your bullshit feminazi crusade. Women have enough support to get through the next century (or two).

And just because you have free will, doesn't mean you (general - women) have to default to being a stuck up *****..

There's more to men than just their looks. But fine, if you want to turn down guys based on looks alone, then frankly, I hope you end up with a good looking, rich guy, that sleeps around on you and treats you like honeysuckle when he feels like it. Because he's good looking, and rich, so he can have standards and doesn't need YOU.

I don't necessarily mean this towards you though.. Just any woman that feels 'free will' trumps any need for objective morality.

And yea.. Men's standards are A LOT lower than women's(on average, SOME men can get away with higher standards due to looks, money, fame .etc.

So now who's the bigot? You sound like a woman that's been scorned by one too many men. Well, maybe men wouldn't be dicks to women if society didn't raise them to bottle up any non-negative emotion. and if society didn't raise women to be treated like princesses with a victim mentality.

And if it's OK for women to say 'incel' then it's my equal right to start calling women, sluts. Actually, More rights, since unlike sluts, 'incels' aren't actually getting sex. So to call men that can't find a woman to accept him in any way, an 'incel', while preaching your free will to only date men that meet your personal (aesthetic) standards (since obviously sex is the only thing that matters to you) is pretty **** bent..

But, to be quite frank, and all biases and bullshit aside; society is messed, and women are not the victims, EVERYONE is.
The world isn't a fair place.
And yes, humans have choice. That's inherent to being human. You have choices, I do, we all do.
Men and women for that matter should be taught that life can be good but have challenges too. and it's our duty to manage and handle the challenges accordingly. Complaining that women don't find you attractive, when they have no obligation to do so nor anybody else, is petty and infantile.
Nobody needs sex to be happy. These online incels don't realise this. Even the hotties they hate, despise and envy realise this. And society only bemoans those who don't get laid since it's human nature. It's like how rich people might mock poorer people. Humans can bully others. It doesn't mean there is some cosmic or inherent good in being rich or having plenty of sex.
There also is no objective morality. The laws of physics are objective, and morals are not. I see no evidence of an objective morality.
I'm also not female, but then dating is and always has been about choice.
I laugh at online incels since their base logic is retarded asf. Everybody gets rejected. It may happen way more often for uglier people, but it still occurs for the hottest. nobody ever told these incels, or they never picked up by osmosis like many others did, that no one is owed sex. It's never been stated this is the case, and I'd defy anybody to prove this is so. Only sexual predators and rapists would believe they have a right to sex, and rape generally is for power and not due to a lack of sex.

Last edited:

You are both wrong. The reality is that it's somewhere in the middle of what you both are saying. Roughly half of autistic people are above average intellectually. That said, it is rather rare to find someone on the autism spectrum who is exceptionally smart in all areas. So while they may have above average intelligence in say....math, they may have below average intelligence in Language Arts. In addition to that, a lot of autistic people, as I'm sure you will both admit, have a below average intelligence in "street smarts" so while they may be "smarter" in some areas, they are "dumber" in others, which kind of evens it out because if you can't get your point across in a rational manner or find the right people to talk to about your points, you still get nowhere.

So yes, autistic people are more likely to have a higher IQ than NTs, it's typically only in certain areas, so it's basically all skewed data because it's not showing the whole picture.

A 'living wage'..? They should be recieving a respectable wage.
My bad. Brain fart.

It annoys me that the teachers we entrust to molding our future leaders make five times less than the do-nothing congress men that simply occupy a chair.

In addition to that, a lot of autistic people, as I'm sure you will both admit, have a below average intelligence in "street smarts"

This is why I feel like there is this idea that autistic people struggle with attraction, and also why I've wondered from time to time if I'm at least somewhat autistic or not. I don't have very good "street smarts" either, I don't have a lot in the way of intuition or instinct. But, I wasn't raised in a dangerous environment where those things were necessary to survive and were common knowledge, or taught at home or with friends. I don't know if it is that I don't have street smarts at all, or if it's like a muscle that I've just never used or developed because I haven't had to and don't know how to. I've often felt like an animal in a zoo - because I was raised in a safe environment, I don't have any wild instincts.

I feel like there's a lot of overlap between attraction, street smarts, and even capitalism - they all share cunning/quick-thinking/instinct in common. And that's something that I've never been good at. They also share realism over idealism, which is a problem for me cause I fundamentally don't agree with it.

I feel like there is a difference between intelligence and cunning - or you could say, book smarts (intelligence) and street smarts (cunning). I feel like I have OK intelligence. I can usually comprehend things if I read it carefully enough and take the time to think it through - the exception being math/tech stuff, that is hard for me to pay attention and keep all the rules and details straight - and I try to articulate my thoughts as clearly and completely as I can. But the key is "take the time to think it through". Cunning is quick thinking, thinking on your feet. Not taking the time to think things through, but just knowing by instinct, feeling, intuition, split-second judgment. Being able to read and respond to people quickly. Viewing all of life as a constant chess or poker game, always strategizing, maneuvering for advantage, calculating the odds, sizing people, things, and situations up for strengths and weaknesses, trying to foresee things, find opportunities to attack and prepare countermeasures, instead of just relaxing and living. I'm not so good at that.

Also my idealism gets in the way at times. I want things to be the way I want them to be, what I believe is right, instead of the way they are, which often seems cruel and evil or just not the best. But, I really do believe something better than this is possible.

Last edited:
The problem with autism, IMO, is that if you look hard enough, you can find traits of it is just about everyone. Maybe we are all in some way autistic, who knows, but unless you really feel a lot of your life is just....off or different, you might as well just carry on. Find another way of going about getting what you want because one way doesn't always work for another person. That is especially true for autistic people, but it's true for NTs as well.

Reactions: JJW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back