How old do you believe you'll get to before you die?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both my grand-mothers made it to mid-nineties..... so for me, I am guessing 92. 👩‍🦳

I hope to make it at least to 70 or 75.
I have a heart murmur with arrhythmia that causes me to have low-grade sleep apnea.
I was on a sleep apnea monitor as a baby but was taken off of it as my body regulated.
I was told that it'd likely affect me again as I get older and later into my life.
I was also told that the surgery is like a +$300K procedure, more money than either of my parents will ever see in their lifetime, and more money than I'll see in my own lifetime. So essentially I was conditioned to awareness that I'm just going to die a little younger by happenstance than other people my age, I guess in a similar way to how mentally challenged children are conditioned by their parents on how to socially interact with people according to their disabilities,
I had a heart attack at 28 from drinking too much coffee and not sleeping and I can't take pseudoephedrine or any kind of higher-than-caffeine-strength stimulants because it can potentially kill me. That heart attack hurt like a ************. I can only hope that I get lucky enough to just stop breathing in my sleep and die that way.

How would anybody even be able to hazard a guess with this?
Well, you have to put aside all the random stuff that can happen to you. Then you have to look at how you are living your life.

Are you stressed? Do you eat healthy? Are you overweight? Do you exercise? There are several online calculators. I tried a few different ones. One said statistically I would die at 68. One said, because I am unhappy and generally angry I would die at 62. One said that because I never wear a seat belt and take chances on a somewhat regular basis I should have already died. Then one that looked just at my current health status and the way I live and it came back at 92.

However, IMO, if you are doing everything you can to help your body then it comes down to genetics and family history. Both my parents smoked like chimneys, ate like honeysuckle, and never exercised. They both died around 68, which is pretty **** good for how they treated their bodies. But, my grandparents on my dad's mostly took care of themselves and lived into their late 90s.

I have zero health conditions that I'm aware of. I'm slim, eat healthy, and exercise on a regular basis. I don't smoke, drink, or eat sugary crap. Taking all of that into consideration, I figure I will probably live to about 90 or so.

But, there is a very high likelyness that someone will run me over and kill me when I'm out riding my bicycle. I have been struck by vehicles atleast 12 times over the years. One even clipped my bike and drug it and myself about 80 yards before it finally got unhooked. The person didn't even know they struck me and just kept going. So, there's always that.

Loneliness is bad for health. I worry that this lifestyle is going to prevent me from living a long life.

That's true. I have one now, but I don't think he has more than another week or two left. I think I've been managing well these past years being alone because of my cat. It only just occurred to me recently that the reason I wasn't too fazed being alone all the time was because I wasn't really alone. The cat provided company and comfort. I'm afraid my life is going to feel a lot different when he's gone.

Yeah, I worry about that myself. They say the answer is to get another one right away, but one does need to also grieve. I have no good advice, but I hope it's longer than you think. Always gotta have the good pets and cuddles.

Well, you have to put aside all the random stuff that can happen to you. Then you have to look at how you are living your life.

Are you stressed? Do you eat healthy? Are you overweight? Do you exercise? There are several online calculators. I tried a few different ones. One said statistically I would die at 68. One said, because I am unhappy and generally angry I would die at 62. One said that because I never wear a seat belt and take chances on a somewhat regular basis I should have already died. Then one that looked just at my current health status and the way I live and it came back at 92.

However, IMO, if you are doing everything you can to help your body then it comes down to genetics and family history. Both my parents smoked like chimneys, ate like honeysuckle, and never exercised. They both died around 68, which is pretty **** good for how they treated their bodies. But, my grandparents on my dad's mostly took care of themselves and lived into their late 90s.

I have zero health conditions that I'm aware of. I'm slim, eat healthy, and exercise on a regular basis. I don't smoke, drink, or eat sugary crap. Taking all of that into consideration, I figure I will probably live to about 90 or so.

But, there is a very high likelyness that someone will run me over and kill me when I'm out riding my bicycle. I have been struck by vehicles atleast 12 times over the years. One even clipped my bike and drug it and myself about 80 yards before it finally got unhooked. The person didn't even know they struck me and just kept going. So, there's always that.

It's not something I care to dwell on. It'll happen when it happens. I have a lot of health problems in my family history, so genetically I'm probably at a disadvantage, but who knows? I'm certainly not going to live a puritanical lifestyle just to prolong a life that's pretty miserable most of the time anyway. I enjoy nice food and alcohol, and they're the only pleasures I really get, so I'll continue to indulge in those simple pleasures.

Last edited:
Loneliness is bad for health. I worry that this lifestyle is going to prevent me from living a long life.
Yeah, I want to put anger, some times lonely, and very frustrated to the test. They also say that spending time with family and loved ones really prolongs your life. So, we'll see. I have none of that.

I recently told someone that as severe as my asthma and allergies are, I don’t expect to live to be 60. They seem to be getting worse the older I get.

Latest posts

Back