I’ll propose… but first, did you cheat?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know... I think thats very true, I really like the points you are making in this.

I deffo don't want to go into a marriage with anyone on the premise that it will end, I know only ever want to get married once. Prenups are... out of the question he did mention it because his mother thinks of me as a gold digger, like most women do... totally delusional. I either get married or I dont, I won't pretend, I won't get married with conditions, I'll leave that to the women who aren't ready or willing to be a wife.

I think maybe my fella wants to give me a pretty event to plan and he keeps talking about a son so maybe thats what all this is in aid of lol but I agree that theres no point to get married if it's just for show or games.
My last girlfriend said she wanted a prenup. Her parents had a honeysuckle ton of money and assets. She herself, was in the hole for about $60K. I, unknown to her, was doing just fine. So, I laughed inside and then agreed. But, I did tell her that she could just keep the inherited money separate and then I wouldn't be entitled to any of it after we got divorced, if that happened. Then about a week later she said she didn't wanted a prenup because she loved me so much. I again laughed inside. I said okay. But, there's no way I would marry someone with a prenup. I watched WAY too many people completely change in a New York second.

For instance, I spotted her a few weeks later, after the best breakup I've ever had with anybody. I even helped her with several things after we broke up. We were on good terms and were still affectionate with each other. I thought we were friends and happy about that. So, I walked up to her and said Hello! I was happy to see her. She on the other hand, scolded me for talking to her as if I did something super mean to her. Then she told me to stop bothering her. I was shocked and then I laughed, yeah I laugh alot. I asked her what was wrong. She immediately turned away from me after saying some mean things to me and walked out of the store. I've never seen her since. I now realize that I dodged a major bullet.

That's typically exactly what happens in a divorce. So, you have to protect yourself. It's not about dooming the marriage. But, I guess, if the other person is loaded then it may not matter.

Last edited:
My last girlfriend said she wanted a prenup. Her parents had a honeysuckle ton of money and assets. She herself, was in the hole for about $60K. I, unknown to her, was doing just fine. So, I laughed inside and then agreed. But, I did tell her that she could just keep the inherited money separate and then I wouldn't be entitled to any of it after we got divorced, if that happened. Then about a week later she said she didn't wanted a prenup because she loved me so much. I again laughed inside. I said okay. But, there's no way I would marry someone with a prenup. I watched WAY too many people completely change in a New York second.

For instance, I spotted her a few weeks later, after the best breakup I've ever had with anybody. I even helped her with several things after we broke up. We were on good terms and were still affectionate with each other. I thought we were friends and happy about that. So, I walked up to her and said Hello! I was happy to see her. She on the other hand, scolded me for talking to her as if I did something super mean to her. Then she told me to stop bothering her. I was shocked and then I laughed, yeah I laugh alot. I asked her what was wrong. She immediately turned away from me after saying some mean things to me and walked out of the store. I've never seen her since. I now realize that I dodged a major bullet.

That's typically exactly what happens in a divorce. So, you have to protect yourself. It's not about dooming the marriage. But, I guess, if the other person is loaded then it may not matter.

personally I’d never marry a man i’d need a prenup with, thats not how I operate and also I wouldnt want to marry a man that wants one with me. End of the day it will always boil down to my provide or piss off mentality 😅

I dont need one irl either lol i mean… I guess if he cheats again it’ll be rather expensive 🙊😂
Well, it all depends on what the two of you decide is acceptable and not acceptable in a relationship and what can and cannot be forgiven. Relationships are really tough especially when there's lots of rules and stipulations. So I totally understand where you are coming from. :)

Well, it all depends on what the two of you decide is acceptable and not acceptable in a relationship and what can and cannot be forgiven. Relationships are really tough especially when there's lots of rules and stipulations. So I totally understand where you are coming from. :)
Oh Finished you are so so right!!

I would never forgive a dishonest person. Especially if I was stuck with them because I trusted them in the past based on their lies. I would hate that person forever.
Hope that he knows all truths beforehand and has full courage to walk out in case that's what he wants.

I would never forgive a dishonest person. Especially if I was stuck with them because I trusted them in the past based on their lies. I would hate that person forever.
Hope that he knows all truths beforehand and has full courage to walk out in case that's what he wants.
Well privilege of being a man…its not like im gonna ask him 😅 but I think forgiveness is key, no point having a tell all moment to use things against each other, its to move forward 😇

Well privilege of being a man…its not like im gonna ask him 😅 but I think forgiveness is key, no point having a tell all moment to use things against each other, its to move forward 😇

At what point does giving forgiveness become delusional or naivete? Actions speak louder than words, if he's cheated on you more than once, he does not mean what he says....end of story. And didn't you post something about him throwing honeysuckle back in your face? Doesn't sound like he gives much of a honeysuckle. If you tell him everything (I don't know if there's anything to tell) and you get married, you will have everything you say thrown in your face for the rest of your life....whether you stay together or not (if there are kids involved)

I'm sorry, but it sounds like you want something so much, you are purposely ignoring the massive red flags this guy is giving off.

At what point does giving forgiveness become delusional or naivete? Actions speak louder than words, if he's cheated on you more than once, he does not mean what he says....end of story. And didn't you post something about him throwing honeysuckle back in your face? Doesn't sound like he gives much of a honeysuckle. If you tell him everything (I don't know if there's anything to tell) and you get married, you will have everything you say thrown in your face for the rest of your life....whether you stay together or not (if there are kids involved)

I'm sorry, but it sounds like you want something so much, you are purposely ignoring the massive red flags this guy is giving off.
He throws my lie back in my face thats true but I do forgive him for the cheating and I hope we can move passed all of that and be together properly I cant see why he’d confess everything, marry me, get me pregnant to just cheat again, seems insane

Latest posts

Back