I’m moving to America

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fun fact.
Although Ireland is famous for potatoes, they actually originated in South America - a place where you never think of potatoes...

I knew that. Did you know that Guinea pigs aren't from Guinea either? They're also from South America and were domesticated to be eaten. That's what the people from the Andes still use them for, they make excelent livestock because they can eat basically any type of plant matter, including stuff that we generally don't eat. Clearly, the people from the Andes are very clever.

I knew that. Did you know that Guinea pigs aren't from Guinea either? They're also from South America and were domesticated to be eaten. That's what the people from the Andes still use them for, they make excelent livestock because they can eat basically any type of plant matter, including stuff that we generally don't eat. Clearly, the people from the Andes are very clever.
I would imagine so.
Tough to survive at high altitudes.
Takes resourcefulness.

Have you ever eaten capybara?
If so, which more commonly eaten meat would you say it tastes like?
Also, I have read that piranha is delicious. White, flaky meat, like Cod.
I have been to many Brazilian restaurants in NY. Your country has very good food.
We don't get capybara or piranha on the menu up here at the churrascarias, unfortunately.
The octopus amd bacalao at the salad bars is great, though.

I would imagine so.
Tough to survive at high altitudes.
Takes resourcefulness.

Have you ever eaten capybara?
If so, which more commonly eaten meat would you say it tastes like?
Also, I have read that piranha is delicious. White, flaky meat, like Cod.
I have been to many Brazilian restaurants in NY. Your country has very good food.
We don't get capybara or piranha on the menu up here at the churrascarias, unfortunately.
The octopus amd bacalao at the salad bars is great, though.

Never tried capybara or piranha, but I know that capybara meat is a popular dish in some parts of the country, though I had no idea piranhas were considered a delicacy. Since, as far as I know, capybaras are protected by animal welfare laws, I'd imagine that in order to eat one you'd have to find a establishment specializing in exotic foods. I, at least, never went to any restaurant that had capybaras on the menu, even if in Rio de Janeiro there are certain parts of the city where they roam around freely. They like swampy terrain, and there's a neighborhood here, called Barra da Tijuca, which they are particularly fond of visiting. I saw one once when I used to work there as a translator. Very docile creatures, even if there are reports of attacks against humans.

Never tried capybara or piranha, but I know that capybara meat is a popular dish in some parts of the country, though I had no idea piranhas were considered a delicacy. Since, as far as I know, capybaras are protected by animal welfare laws, I'd imagine that in order to eat one you'd have to find a establishment specializing in exotic foods. I, at least, never went to any restaurant that had capybaras on the menu, even if in Rio de Janeiro there are certain parts of the city where they roam around freely. They like swampy terrain, and there's a neighborhood here, called Barra da Tijuca, which they are particularly fond of visiting. I saw one once when I used to work there as a translator. Very docile creatures, even if there are reports of attacks against humans.
I had no idea that people eat capybara meat. They are my favourite animal. :(

I had no idea that people eat capybara meat. They are my favourite animal. :(

When you're hungry and there's a bunch of both docile and delicious-looking animals hanging around, naturally you're gonna start having some ideas. Well, what did you want? It's mostly people from the rural areas, I think, that eat them, other than people with a taste for exotic food. Try some brigadeiro instead, or just about anything else, if you want a taste of Brazilian cuisine. Guaraná is also cheap to produce and a very tasty drink.

Update is... after 18 massive fights about this... (may the Lord bless this union)

Our plans are to find a large property in with the UK or the USA with a view of the beach, the hunt is on, my wedding is also booked guys... I will be having a cottage wedding in the countryside, I am going to be dragging my hubby to boring girly wedding stuff so yeah wish us luck.

Looking for a place in the US has been like a trip to the future, they have literally virtually took us round with agent and a structural surveyor. We will fly out there just before Christmas or just after New Years... why? We want to see a winter view so we know we wont just like the place in the summer lol.

Latest posts

Back