I’m moving to America

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay... so, I have to get ready for work and found this thread WAY too late to read it all...
@CenotaphGirl I live in the south, but have traveled and been stationed in quite a few of our states here....
Give me the quick synopsis and I can give you some input!??! Just my humble opinion.... LOLOL

Okay... so, I have to get ready for work and found this thread WAY too late to read it all...
@CenotaphGirl I live in the south, but have traveled and been stationed in quite a few of our states here....
Give me the quick synopsis and I can give you some input!??! Just my humble opinion.... LOLOL
I want hot temp, tall men, a place I can take sweet pics to start a blog so I can say “oh I am a writer” you know if anyone asks and preferably a place where poly relationships get some respect 😅

I want hot temp, tall men, a place I can take sweet pics to start a blog so I can say “oh I am a writer” you know if anyone asks and preferably a place where poly relationships get some respect 😅
...Cuba. 😈
I'm guessing you'd be a hit on the West Coast. The East coast is colder. Also, there's Stephen King. You'd be outclassed 😜

Whelp… this is my little town. Warm…. Hot, but also humid. What I remember of where I was in England, it was the same. Just cold and humid. Lolol
Tall men…. Hmmmm….

Attachments

• 8B39DC26-88C7-4C64-9CF4-454C6D05F2A5.jpeg
    8B39DC26-88C7-4C64-9CF4-454C6D05F2A5.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • FullSizeRender.MOV
    36.9 MB
Hmm would you consider it family friendly ?
No. Not unless you are a Kardashian...

BTW, you'll do fine in NYC Metro Area, if that is what you want to try first.
But like a previous commenter said, just look in the outer boroughs or the inner burbs (where I am) for cost effective living arrangements.
I pay $1487/mo and I have a garage space, and can walk less than 10 mins to a beautiful park on the sound.
And I'm only 10 mins over the city line and my commuter train is 35 mins from midtown.
So just do your due diligence and find a nice, affordable, safe area. There are lots of them.

Whelp… this is my little town. Warm…. Hot, but also humid. What I remember of where I was in England, it was the same. Just cold and humid. Lolol
Tall men…. Hmmmm….

Wow I like that I am getting visuals, looks beautiful!!!

Oh, sparkyn98 brings up a good point, Ceno. You said you want hot temps....now while you are hot, would you like to feel like you are melting or burning?
Meltinggg burning all of the above, I want it hot hot

No. Not unless you are a Kardashian...

BTW, you'll do fine in NYC Metro Area, if that is what you want to try first.
But like a previous commenter said, just look in the outer boroughs or the inner burbs (where I am) for cost effective living arrangements.
I pay $1487/mo and I have a garage space, and can walk less than 10 mins to a beautiful park on the sound.
And I'm only 10 mins over the city line and my commuter train is 35 mins from midtown.
So just do your due diligence and find a nice, affordable, safe area. There are lots of them.

Lool this made me laugh, I mean deffo not Kim k sadly

wow seriously!! That is sooo affordable, when I was working in NYC I just ended up spending sooo much money, had to keep calling my dad for more and more money lmao But the thing was I wasn't even paying rent as I was staying in the student dorm thing lol
Will deffo have to do some research, do you have any names of places, like not where you live but similar areas? :)

wow seriously!! That is sooo affordable, when I was working in NYC I just ended up spending sooo much money, had to keep calling my dad for more and more money lmao But the thing was I wasn't even paying rent as I was staying in the student dorm thing lol
Will deffo have to do some research, do you have any names of places, like not where you live but similar areas? :)
Can I call your dad too? I need more money 😜

Places like:
- In the Bronx: Pelham Parkway area, City Island, Woodlawn (large Irish community), the affordable parts of Riverdale.
- In Queens: Bayside & Flushing (these will be heavily Asian), Forest Hills (a little more expensive than the other two)
- Staten Island
- Some towns in Westchester County
- Some towns in Nassau County
- There is Brooklyn as well, but the nice areas will be expensive like Manhattan, same goes for Astoria and Long Island City in Queens

A little further out would be:
- Putnam and Dutchess County (further North)
- Suffolk County (further East on Long Island)
- Across the Hudson River in NY: Rockland County. Orange County a little further.

In New Jersey:
- some places near the bridge may not be too bad of a commute, like Fort Lee, Paramus, Teaneck, Palisades Park

In Connecticut:
- Some towns in Fairfield county are affordable

Good luck.

Places like:
- In the Bronx: Pelham Parkway area, City Island, Woodlawn (large Irish community), the affordable parts of Riverdale.
- In Queens: Bayside & Flushing (these will be heavily Asian), Forest Hills (a little more expensive than the other two)
- Staten Island
- Some towns in Westchester County
- Some towns in Nassau County
- There is Brooklyn as well, but the nice areas will be expensive like Manhattan, same goes for Astoria and Long Island City in Queens

A little further out would be:
- Putnam and Dutchess County (further North)
- Suffolk County (further East on Long Island)
- Across the Hudson River in NY: Rockland County. Orange County a little further.

In New Jersey:
- some places near the bridge may not be too bad of a commute, like Fort Lee, Paramus, Teaneck, Palisades Park

In Connecticut:
- Some towns in Fairfield county are affordable

Good luck.
Omg!! Im soooooo luckyyy 😇✨thanks for helping me

Omg!! Im soooooo luckyyy 😇✨thanks for helping me
You are welcome.
Also, as far as Brooklyn goes, places further from Manhattan, like Midwood (Russian area), Sheepshead Bay, Bensonhurst (Italian American area) and Bay Ridge will have more affordable rents. Someone to whom I was close had a very nice 1 BR apartment in Midwood on a quiet street and her rent was only $1675/mo. This was in 2018.

Like I wouldn't mind something large like a 4-5 bedroom place, do you think they are common in the states? In the UK I have a standard 3 bed, but it also has 3 bathrooms so it's really big for UK standards, theres a full bathroom on every floor as I love to have guests over... I dont do too well on my own lol

Like I wouldn't mind something large like a 4-5 bedroom place
Yes, of course we have them here, but in the NY Tri-State area they will be quite expensive.
I have with worked younger people who have rented places like that with roommates -- almost like a frat house.
But if you can afford that on your own, that's fantastic.

If you don't like being alone there are "coliving" apartments which are quite luxurious.
I could never do that -- I can only live on my own, but if you are OK with strangers for roommates it's a way to have relatively low rent and live in a luxury building with amenities. Google "coliving NYC" if that interests you.

Eh I dont know, might need to work out a budget, as I wanted to keep my house here and rent it for like some income.
Omg you like being alone? I am not sure about living with strangers but I cant stand being alone, idk how you do it.

Latest posts

Back