I’m nearly 30, never had a boyfriend, life, job.. nothing.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can understand exactly that, im in similar boat but turning 40. For me, infertility and lack of so many things consumes me with so much pressure on myself and yet my own environment of lack of support and codependencies even within my family, caring for my parents i feel miles away to never having my own family, working all that and my own so ial phobia, getting old, all that.

But i tell you, 30 is young! Do everything to get your self esteem in check with self care and feeling great and go to a job helper place where they can help get you a good job somewhere that you can feel comfortable and then start to meet people. It all sounds totally scary and maybe something really really hard, but i tell you if u get thr right fit your life changes and you grow in so many wonderful ways. maybe you might meet your match.

Dont give up hope, work on yourself and step slightly out of your comfort zone.

I am sorry. I spent my late teens to early 30’s secluded and reclusive due to my insecurities. I managed to finish a program at school and joined a dating site, got married a couple years later, have a career. But now I am still friendless and bad at making friends. I would say try to do more. I regret wasting a whole decade in my 20s due to personal hangups.
Your situation sounds almost identical to mine, minus me being married.

I'm 37, I've had one long term gf and two part time jobs.
I know a guy at work who is 30 and he hasn't even kissed a girl.

There is something about modernity that makes people isolated.

You're nearly 30? I'm nearly 70 and I've lived my own version of the scenarios you're describing. You'll never be as young as you are now and the multiple age thresholds of life will come and go faster than anyone expects. Pick up from where you are now and make your tomorrows a bit better than your yesterdays.
And comparing yourself to other peoples' lives never, ever helps.
I'm nearly 50 and this is spot-on accurate. Great advice.

Also, they may look like they have a lot. But, that doesn't mean they are happy. This is your life. Do what you want to do with it. People suck. Get rid of the expectations that you carry around on your back and just do whatever you want to do.
I agree

I feel like I have blinked and missed life. The kids I went to school with i last saw in 2008, so many are married, most went to university and some have children. All I see in my head is those kids that bullied me or I just went to school with. I see wedding photos, baby pictures.. I feel like I’ve just woken up from some dream. I did none of that. I see myself walking around school age 13, then see these pictures of these people in wedding attire and clutching babies. And here I am in bed with nothing. I don’t want those things I just feel so.. lost.
30 is still young,I wish I was still in my 30s,but I will be 40 in July,I have no friends,I have no boyfriend or husband because it's my choice to be alone,it's my choice to have the life I have,it's better for me to be alone,I have had a lot of boyfriends in the past,and they have hurt me a lot,I just got so tired of getting hurt.

Latest posts

Back