I am 36 years old and I dont know how to drive a car !!!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funnylife33

Reaction score
So i am going to start learning it .

I have been riding motor cycles since i was 15 , i still drive it everywhere

But due to the traffic congestion's here (somewhere in an Indian state ) , i never felt like learning it .

But today a friend of mine told that he would come with a car and he would help me teach driving in it .

Also , i have never owned a car because i don't have the income to afford one .

So maybe within 2 hours , i am going to go out with him and i am going to start practicing driving in that car .

Thanks

good decision cause it may help you a lot ... I'm 50 and I never had a license ... I can't cope with road aggressiveness

Thanks for the reply everyone .

That did not happen according to the plans , he was not able to come as he was busy with something else .

We work at the same place , its no big deal .
I work in the purchase
He works in the supply

I will do it some other day .

Yea i have always tried to compare driving cars with driving motorcycles in my mind .

Someday i will ride these busy streets

😇

I work in a wholesale pharmacy distribution center

I deal with purchase with an older person , we check the packages coming in for quantity , batch etc and enter into an ERP software .

He along with few other people are in charge of supplying medicines to retail outlets

I have been doing this job everyday for the past 6 years

It sucks .

I am also looking to find some other jobs , but that is not easily happening

Time for some progressive thinking , but to be honest my mind is mostly empty these days

🥸

So i am going to start learning it .

I have been riding motor cycles since i was 15 , i still drive it everywhere

But due to the traffic congestion's here (somewhere in an Indian state ) , i never felt like learning it .

But today a friend of mine told that he would come with a car and he would help me teach driving in it .

Also , i have never owned a car because i don't have the income to afford one .

So maybe within 2 hours , i am going to go out with him and i am going to start practicing driving in that car .

Thanks
Good luck with it. I am 65 and cannot drive and never will. It limits life. It's not possible or practical for me to do it now, and if it had been it would have been years ago and would have done it then. Do you now need to think of how to get the money to buy and run a car?

I drove professionally for a while. Although, mostly with standard types of larger vehicles.
I learned to drive in an empty parking lot. Find a place like that to learn.
Congratulations on finally deciding to learn to drive. ^_^
Some people have real fears about it. My ex is 34 and also doesn't drive.
Learning isn't the hard part, it's the getting used to it, the adjustments, that take a bit of time.
The more time you spend behind a wheel the easier it'll be to relax with those adjustments.

I'm a year younger than you and I don't drive either. Absolutely no desire to. The world already has enough vehicles clogging up the atmosphere without me adding to the problem. I can get around perfectly well on public transport and by foot, and I fully believe I'm a safer and more economical person for it.

good decision cause it may help you a lot ... I'm 50 and I never had a license ... I can't cope with road aggressiveness

Likewise. I'm enough of a stresshead already without the added stress of having to deal with the hazards of busy roads whilst being in control of what's effectively a lethal weapon. I admit that not being a driver does have its' drawbacks from time to time, but for the most part I manage perfectly well.

Good luck with it. I am 65 and cannot drive and never will. It limits life. It's not possible or practical for me to do it now, and if it had been it would have been years ago and would have done it then. Do you now need to think of how to get the money to buy and run a car?

I have to at least get a second hand car and i should try to learn to drive it as soon as possible ...

i cannot always depend on the public transport system ...

even the members of my own family expects me to drive a car properly ...

a small second hand car is not that expensive here ...

but right now i can't even afford that ...

it is a bit sad because , driving a car simply requires a little bit more courage first ...

then some practice ...

the problem right now is that i can't even afford a small second hand car now ...

:)

I'm a year younger than you and I don't drive either. Absolutely no desire to. The world already has enough vehicles clogging up the atmosphere without me adding to the problem. I can get around perfectly well on public transport and by foot, and I fully believe I'm a safer and more economical person for it.
Being able to drive is an extremely important life skill.
Whether you own a car or not is a personal choice.
Think of it this way. Suppose you were in a car with your parent or someone, and they have a heart attack.
You wouldn't be able to drive them to the hospital.

I always tell people that they should learn to drive "just in case" and they should also learn how to swim if they cannot.
Just my two cents...

it is a bit sad because , driving a car simply requires a little bit more courage first ...
I went to Delhi for a business trip in 2005.
Thankfully we had a company driver.
Braving Delhi traffic requires more than just a bit of courage...it's downright scary! No lanes!

I drove professionally for a while. Although, mostly with standard types of larger vehicles.
I learned to drive in an empty parking lot. Find a place like that to learn.
Congratulations on finally deciding to learn to drive. ^_^
Some people have real fears about it. My ex is 34 and also doesn't drive.
Learning isn't the hard part, it's the getting used to it, the adjustments, that take a bit of time.
The more time you spend behind a wheel the easier it'll be to relax with those adjustments.

Thanks a lot for that advice ...

i have been riding a bike from age 15 ...

i have never tried much to learn to drive a car ...

maybe that is why ...

Its just not that simple for me here ...

if i was good at driving i might have even got a better job ....

i think i have to wait a little bit more to get at least a second hand car ...

The world already has enough vehicles clogging up the atmosphere without me adding to the problem.
They have these newfangled things called electric cars now :p

I have to at least get a second hand car
Honestly, I won't buy a new car. Too many bugs that no one knows about. I prefer to do my research and see what kinds of problems older cars have and go from there. New cars aren't that stellar. Used are better, IMO.

They have these newfangled things called electric cars now :p

Honestly, I won't buy a new car. Too many bugs that no one knows about. I prefer to do my research and see what kinds of problems older cars have and go from there. New cars aren't that stellar. Used are better, IMO.

Haha, that's true. I still don't want to drive though. 😃

Being able to drive is an extremely important life skill.
Whether you own a car or not is a personal choice.
Think of it this way. Suppose you were in a car with your parent or someone, and they have a heart attack.
You wouldn't be able to drive them to the hospital.

I always tell people that they should learn to drive "just in case" and they should also learn how to swim if they cannot.
Just my two cents...

I do know how to drive a car, as I've driven off road a few times before. I don't have a license though. If I was in a car with someone and the driver took ill, I would be capable of taking control of the car in order to avoid an accident. I'd pull over somewhere safe and then call for an ambulance.

Latest posts

Back