I am 36 years old and I dont know how to drive a car !!!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to at least get a second hand car and i should try to learn to drive it as soon as possible ...

i cannot always depend on the public transport system ...

even the members of my own family expects me to drive a car properly ...

a small second hand car is not that expensive here ...

but right now i can't even afford that ...

it is a bit sad because , driving a car simply requires a little bit more courage first ...

then some practice ...

the problem right now is that i can't even afford a small second hand car now ...

:)
Maybe you should concentrate on now to save money, spending less and earning more for now. When I was about your age and short of money I did about 4 part time jobs on top of my full time job.

I'm 36 and I miss driving my car, a 2000 Mustang GT.

Not the fastest car on the road mind you, but it was Performance Red, had a V8, dual exhaust, leather interior with the upgraded sound system. It was fun to drive it, even at normal traffic speeds. And when I pulled up to see my friends I always arrived in style.

I always liked cars in some way, shape or form. I kind of fell off a little bit when I was learning, because I thought it would take so long to ever be able to have a car I actually wanted, but I was able to find one in my price range.
Should I have actually started with that car? In retrospect no, probably not. I probably should have just gone for some kind of hatchback with a stick, so I could learn. I still don't know stick and don't feel quite like a real "car guy" without it.

Also, we have winter here, and winter is hell on cars. If you have a car you like, you really need a second car that you don't care about, to take the beating of winter, and keep the nasty weather off of your pride and joy.

But, it was fun while it lasted.

Anyway. I wasn't a very good driver at first either, I had to take the road test twice, and I still wouldn't say I'm the best. But like most things it's just something you get used to the more you do it.

Maybe, to get you through the studying and the road test...find a car that inspires you. Not to go out and buy today, but someday. Something to look forward to, and make the test worthwhile.

@TheSkaFish
Makes me miss the 2001 GT my dad used to have. I was young and stupid when he had that, and I'm genuinely surprised I didn't get into more trouble than I did with it. Still have this old photo from the day he got it too.

View attachment 6768

Oh wow, that's a Bullitt edition too.

It's mostly the same as a regular Mustang GT, but I think it might have had a cold-air intake for an extra 5 hp over the stock GT? I'm not sure.

Then, to more closely match Detective Frank Bullitt's Mustang GT from the movie Bullitt, it has the spoiler deleted, Torq Thrust rims, and a Dark Highland Green paint job.

I think you could also get this edition Mustang in dark blue and black as well.

And the back of the side windows is also different from the regular Mustang models. They kept that for the Mach 1 in '03-'04, another retro-inspired edition.

Anyway, yeah, cool car. What happened if you don't mind me asking? Did your Dad just sell it one day?

Oh wow, that's a Bullitt edition too.

It's mostly the same as a regular Mustang GT, but I think it might have had a cold-air intake for an extra 5 hp over the stock GT? I'm not sure.

Then, to more closely match Detective Frank Bullitt's Mustang GT from the movie Bullitt, it has the spoiler deleted, Torq Thrust rims, and a Dark Highland Green paint job.

I think you could also get this edition Mustang in dark blue and black as well.

And the back of the side windows is also different from the regular Mustang models. They kept that for the Mach 1 in '03-'04, another retro-inspired edition.

Anyway, yeah, cool car. What happened if you don't mind me asking? Did your Dad just sell it one day?
That's cool you know the Bullitt edition. I remember trying to tell that to people in the past and they would usually say "what's Bullitt" lol. I don't remember the exact numbers, though I remember it having a very small power and torque gain over a stock GT so that 5 hp might be about right. It also had a different exhaust than a stock GT, which sounded pretty good and was quite addicting. And yeah there were also blue and black ones, which I remember my dad complaining about since he thought there should only be the green ones to match the movie car lol.

He had to get rid of it because it was too much money. We weren't exactly in the best place for money back then, so when you combine things like maintenance and fuel costs it had to be done. He probably shouldn't have got it in the first place really, but I'm glad he did because it was a lot of fun.

That's cool you know the Bullitt edition. I remember trying to tell that to people in the past and they would usually say "what's Bullitt" lol. I don't remember the exact numbers, though I remember it having a very small power and torque gain over a stock GT so that 5 hp might be about right. It also had a different exhaust than a stock GT, which sounded pretty good and was quite addicting. And yeah there were also blue and black ones, which I remember my dad complaining about since he thought there should only be the green ones to match the movie car lol.

He had to get rid of it because it was too much money. We weren't exactly in the best place for money back then, so when you combine things like maintenance and fuel costs it had to be done. He probably shouldn't have got it in the first place really, but I'm glad he did because it was a lot of fun.

Oh yeah, I know the Bullitt edition. In fact, there have been a few over the years. They did it with the 5th gen in 2008 and 2009, and with the 6th gen in 2019 and 2020. The first Bullitts were mostly just cosmetic, but I think some of the later ones had considerable power increases above the standard GT, which itself has become more powerful by leaps and bounds. I've seen them all on the roads around here and at car shows, at least once.

The exhaust, I didn't know about. And yeah there were blue and black ones, though there were always many more green ones made.

It's too bad that money often ruins things like this and that you guys had to give up your car. For me it was similar. I also feel like I probably shouldn't have gotten mine either at that time, but it was a learning experience, and fun. Hopefully I'll be back behind the wheel of another Mustang some day.

I read 2...just walk. Or walk in front of me not in an intersection. I'll run you down, say i thought you were a deer. And keep driving.

Maybe you should concentrate on now to save money, spending less and earning more for now. When I was about your age and short of money I did about 4 part time jobs on top of my full time job.

That is a good advice ...

The new to do list ...

1. Get a better job ...

yes ....

They have these newfangled things called electric cars now :p

Honestly, I won't buy a new car. Too many bugs that no one knows about. I prefer to do my research and see what kinds of problems older cars have and go from there. New cars aren't that stellar. Used are better, IMO.

For a first car , buying a new one would be a bad idea ...

Thanks

Yeah, I'd defo recommend a decent and cheap older car for your first ride. The costs of buying and running a car can be steep, so the best way to maximise how far your money goes is to choose one that's good value, reliable, economical and cheap to insure.

I drive a 12 year old JCW Mini Cooper and honestly it's the best car I've ever had, BMW got the whole reinvention of the Mini brand just right. The “go-kart feel” catchphrase has been hammered into us over and over by the marketing types but the thing is, it’s true.

Latest posts

Back