i can probly halp here too

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HAY! That's cool man. Look out here cos am sure there is always someone that could do with some good advice :)

As of yesterday my computer doesn't start up anymore, it makes the low starting up sound then tries to start up entirely but something goes wrong and it keeps making the half started up sound nothingis displayed on the monitor. It has done this before but those times it just restarted itself properly after a couple mins of being on, I have left it on for a while now and it hasn't started up right at all...

Any ideas what is wrong with it? or what part i need to replace this time to make it work?

sounds like youve might have a dead or dying motherboard

have you tried popping off the cover and making sure eveything is properly seated in their slots?

cheers
Gavin

What is your opinion on BitDefender? I'm considering it when my Norton (frowns in disgust) subscription runs out shortly.
Thanks. :D

Viper_Baritone said:

have you tried popping off the cover and making sure eveything is properly seated in their slots?

cheers
Gavin

Yea I checked to make sure things were plugged in properly, and in their right spots(to the best of my ability anyway)

A dead motherboard, that doesn't sound good, would that mean I would lose all my data if I had to replace the motherboard?

I took it to a guy to get fixed and his initial assesment was a power supply failure and he said he could order a new one for me, this being said I distinctly remember that guy made it sound like everything was alright the first time i had to get my computer fixed, then when i "checked" with him later it was a hard drive failure, lost everything, so now I am feeling very worried...

Thank you for your help so far viper

the power suppies do quite often go and take the motherbouard ond other parts with it

ulness you really unlucky, all your goodies should be safe on your hard drive

if your guy doesnt know how to take a copy of whats on your drive at the moment and transfer it onto your new windows installation, then its time to get a different guy!

cheers
Gavin

NeverMore said:
Viper_Baritone said:

cheers
Gavin

Yea I checked to make sure things were plugged in properly, and in their right spots(to the best of my ability anyway)

A dead motherboard, that doesn't sound good, would that mean I would lose all my data if I had to replace the motherboard?

I took it to a guy to get fixed and his initial assesment was a power supply failure and he said he could order a new one for me, this being said I distinctly remember that guy made it sound like everything was alright the first time i had to get my computer fixed, then when i "checked" with him later it was a hard drive failure, lost everything, so now I am feeling very worried...

Thank you for your help so far viper

Viper_Baritone said:
the power suppies do quite often go and take the motherbouard ond other parts with it

ulness you really unlucky, all your goodies should be safe on your hard drive

if your guy doesnt know how to take a copy of whats on your drive at the moment and transfer it onto your new windows installation, then its time to get a different guy!

cheers
Gavin

Well the guy fixed it, he couldn't find any hardware problems and he just installed some missing drivers or something and it worked fine, so I am not sure I understand what happened in the first place...but it works for now so I'm happy

thanks again gavin

Yo guys. I know quite a bit about computers so if any of you need help and Viper is not on, feel free to PM.

Latest posts

Back