i can't take anymore

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

haywud

i haven't heard from my grandmother in a long time, and the last time my family told me anything they said she was in a nursing home. since my family never tells me anything, i decided to do a google search and found this. apparently my grandmother died over a year ago, and no one in my **** family told me a **** thing about it. why the hell didn't they tell me!! i never asked anything about it since i assumed they would say something, but obviously not since i had to find out on my own. now i know my family doesn't care for me if they can't even tell me something like that! i loved my grandmother so much, and now i have to find out she died over a year ago. i can't stop crying. i hate this, i can't take anymore. i just want to die, i want to join my grandmother.

Come online on Discord my friend; I'm there if you need someone. You've always sounded incredibly fond of your grandmother so I can only imagine the pain this has brought. I wish I could offer so much more, but I am online right now if you need it, okay? x

That is terrible. I am sorry that happened to you! They should have had the courtesy to notify you. However, what is going on in your family that you are so estranged? What happened that you lost touch with your grandma prior to that?

My family is the same way. Forget them. Many people in this world are bitter, cynical, and vindictive. Sometimes, we luck out and get a whole bunch of those types in our family. You are truly better off without them. If your grandmother could see now, maybe she does, she would know that you loved her and cared for her. She would also probably know that the rest of your family are ********.

Thank you guys for the kind words. It makes me feel better knowing that some people do still care about others. Bubblebeam I'm on Discord if you decide to log on, I'm sorry I didn't say anything before but I really didn't want to talk to anyone with the way I was feeling.

@dd11
My family pretty much is a big mess. Things happened in the past between my parents, so they hate each other even though they're still together. They each seem to expect the other to do certain things, so a lot of times nothing seems to get done. For example earlier I asked my mom why I was never told about my grandma and she blamed my dad, and my dad will probably blame her for it. My parents still treat me like I'm a kid, so I guess they assume I can't handle anything they tell me so they never seem to tell me anything.

We used to live in southern Indiana and my grandma lived nearby in Kentucky, practically right on the other side of the Ohio River, so it was a short trip and I would see her every weekend. As years went by we had to move to New York because of my dad's job so visiting became hard to do, and to be honest I've always hated talking on the phone so I never called. I would still get cards for things like birthdays and holidays from my grandparents, but once my grandpa died (which will be 10 years ago in December) those stopped too. I just wish I made more effort to keep in contact now, because I really loved my grandparents and I miss them so much.

@bleed_the_freak
It's funny that you call the rest of my family ********, I'll give you an example of why you're right. As a kid my dad never did anything for us, he spent what he earned at work all on himself. My grandma had to not only take my mom grocery shopping and buy everything we needed as a family, but she also had to buy pretty much anything that me and my sister needed as well. Oh and let's not forget to mention that my dad also didn't go to his own parents' funerals, so yeah if that isn't an ******* I don't know what is.

I can't even imagine what it would feel like to find out about her passing like that. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Seems like a good time to cut all ties with your family, though.

Tuathaniel said:
Seems like a good time to cut all ties with your family, though.

I wish I could, believe me. If I did that I would have no place to live though. Things haven't exactly gone my way in my life (I've basically ruined my life and it's all my own fault) and if not for my family I would be living on the streets. I mean I guess they must care about me if they let me stay here still, then again sometimes I can't help but think they do it out of pity.

yeah... whenever I stumble on old thread I like to leave a message, who know if they're in a better place perhaps ?
I notice you do that. The sentiment is nice, but I check when the author last visited and if it’s been years, I don’t bother, unless I want to reply to someone else in the thread who is still active.

I notice you do that. The sentiment is nice, but I check when the author last visited and if it’s been years, I don’t bother, unless I want to reply to someone else in the thread who is still active.
makes sense, I should do that too, but I'm a bit lazy hehe :')

Latest posts

Back