I cooked a turkey really fast today.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, I went to the store mid-morning. One item on my list was a little bit of some kind of meat. I saw frozen turkeys for $0.79 / pound. So, I bought a 12.5 pound turkey. It's rainy here today so I figured I'd go ahead and cook it for lunch. :)

I brought it home and stuck it in hot water for 30 minutes. Then I kept wedging my fingers into any frozen slot I could. Soon I had both wings loose, cut around them, snapped the joint, put them in my air frier, and turned it on.

Then I cut/broke free both leg quarters. Then I slowly worked my way into the neck cavity, removed all the stupid included item, and tossed them into the trash. I then cut and broke away the lower part of the bird. It left me with a nice open full breast.

I put all the items, except the winds, into my BBQ grill to partially cook them. I left every thing cook for about 20 minutes. The wings were finished with an internal temperature of 175F and they were crunchy.

After lunch I put the leg quarters and breast into the air frier. I pulled all the meat off the bones from the other parts and pan fried them while adding water occationally to steam the meat a little bit. Then I stored that meat in the frig for all kinds of things. Tomorrow I'll make a spicy turkey noodle soup. Mmmm. :)

The legs and breast was finished in about an hour and 10 minutes. I really like using my air frier/mini-oven. The internal temperature was 205F and the outside was very crunchy. I ended up putting all of that into the freezer. I'll use it for meals for the next couple months or more.

So, the turkey went from completely frozen to completely cooked in about 2 hours. Something everybody says don't do or can't be done. Yes it can. I kind of like cutting the raw turkey apart. It's easier to work with individual pieces. Plus they cook much better and faster that way.

Legs1.jpg

Breast1.jpg

heheh so very random of you to post this Finished, it's why I love you.

Glad you were happy w/ the outcome!
(and this is a vegetarian talking, I could care less what others choose to eat or not eat. do you boo. do you)

heheh so very random of you to post this Finished, it's why I love you.

Glad you were happy w/ the outcome!
(and this is a vegetarian talking, I could care less what others choose to eat or not eat. do you boo. do you)
Actually one thing that is really tasty, but not vegetarian, is to take the crunchy skin, put some meat in it, add some cream cheese, and put a few jalapenos in there with it. Simple, quick, and delicious. :)

Looks good. Them air fryers are awesome. I can't wait to get one to try it out. I just throw all whole birds in my granite ware roaster and into the oven.

Looks good. Them air fryers are awesome. I can't wait to get one to try it out. I just throw all whole birds in my granite ware roaster and into the oven.
I was surprised the first time I used an air frier. It really does cook things faster. Also if it's something with any oil on/in it, it will end up crispy. When I run out of propane I think I'll ditch my BBQ grill. I really don't eat that much meat any way.

Oh yeah, you'll notice that there is almost zero grease on the skin. I didn't even need to use the paper towels. The grease drips off when cooking, which is just the opposite of normal frying.

I was surprised the first time I used an air frier. It really does cook things faster. Also if it's something with any oil on/in it, it will end up crispy. When I run out of propane I think I'll ditch my BBQ grill. I really don't eat that much meat any way.

Oh yeah, you'll notice that there is almost zero grease on the skin. I didn't even need to use the paper towels. The grease drips off when cooking, which is just the opposite of normal frying.
I like to use drippings for gravy. Put it over the meat, some rice, and some vegetables. (y)

So, I went to the store mid-morning. One item on my list was a little bit of some kind of meat. I saw frozen turkeys for $0.79 / pound. So, I bought a 12.5 pound turkey. It's rainy here today so I figured I'd go ahead and cook it for lunch. :)

I brought it home and stuck it in hot water for 30 minutes. Then I kept wedging my fingers into any frozen slot I could. Soon I had both wings loose, cut around them, snapped the joint, put them in my air frier, and turned it on.

Then I cut/broke free both leg quarters. Then I slowly worked my way into the neck cavity, removed all the stupid included item, and tossed them into the trash. I then cut and broke away the lower part of the bird. It left me with a nice open full breast.

I put all the items, except the winds, into my BBQ grill to partially cook them. I left every thing cook for about 20 minutes. The wings were finished with an internal temperature of 175F and they were crunchy.

After lunch I put the leg quarters and breast into the air frier. I pulled all the meat off the bones from the other parts and pan fried them while adding water occationally to steam the meat a little bit. Then I stored that meat in the frig for all kinds of things. Tomorrow I'll make a spicy turkey noodle soup. Mmmm. :)

The legs and breast was finished in about an hour and 10 minutes. I really like using my air frier/mini-oven. The internal temperature was 205F and the outside was very crunchy. I ended up putting all of that into the freezer. I'll use it for meals for the next couple months or more.

So, the turkey went from completely frozen to completely cooked in about 2 hours. Something everybody says don't do or can't be done. Yes it can. I kind of like cutting the raw turkey apart. It's easier to work with individual pieces. Plus they cook much better and faster that way.

View attachment 6361

View attachment 6362
Are you gonna bring this magical machine in your trailer? Bet we could hunt some wild turkeys and other game living the nomadic life.

Are you gonna bring this magical machine in your trailer? Bet we could hunt some wild turkeys and other game living the nomadic life.
I'm partial to flame broiled. The grill will be in the van.

Hey, will the trailer hook to the van, or are we caravaning?

Can I bring my cat?

"Game living the nomadic life..." sheesh.

I'm partial to flame broiled. The grill will be in the van.

Hey, will the trailer hook to the van, or are we caravaning?

Can I bring my cat?

"Game living the nomadic life..." sheesh.
We'll be caravaning so feel free to bring your cat. Just don't let him wander to far off the wild animals are never too far away.

Wow that looks nice don't eat much turkey in NZ and hopefully no offense to the vegetarians🙏yep that looked real good hungry now

Wow that looks nice don't eat much turkey in NZ and hopefully no offense to the vegetarians🙏yep that looked real good hungry now
Thanksgiving, the reason why Turkeys are in the stores, is still three weeks away. I usually don't get a turkey. The prices are normally high. But, they were on sale. They must have a lot of them. Also a small one, 12.5lbs, was available. Normally the smallest is about 20 pounds.

Thanks for that so thanks giving before Xmas ? We just finished hollaween we don't have thanks giving for Halloween all the kids dress up and there lollies bags so you prep turkey 3 weeks b4 or have early thanks giving

Thanks for that so thanks giving before Xmas ? We just finished hollaween we don't have thanks giving for Halloween all the kids dress up and there lollies bags so you prep turkey 3 weeks b4 or have early thanks giving
Yeah, Halloween Oct 31st. Thanksgiving Nov 25th, I belive. Christmas is December 25th. I think they put the turkeys out a little early. They are probably turkeys from last year that they wanted to get rid of.

I don't celebrate any holidays. So, I fixed my turkey right away. But, others buy it and keep it in their freezer until a day or two before Thanksgiving. I'll probably be eating Mexican food on Thanksgiving.

Latest posts

Back