I Don't Get Dancing

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trevor

President Of Trevor Philips Industries
Reaction score
What's the appeal of walking onto a dance floor and moving your body around to music making yourself look like you have some sort of physical abnormality?

Music has emotional impact that's intense enough to make you want to physically move. Another example is big olé' hairy dudes LARPing as children of the devil, or whatever skeleton themed thing their favorite metal band takes on, pushing each other to loud music. It's just different side of the same coin. It also helps to be in the moment and not worry about who's watching and judging and not watching and judging.

You should take a music theory class. I mean that in the most non condescending way.

Music has emotional impact that's intense enough to make you want to physically move. Another example is big olé' hairy dudes LARPing as children of the devil, or whatever skeleton themed thing their favorite metal band takes on, pushing each other to loud music. It's just different side of the same coin. It also helps to be in the moment and not worry about who's watching and judging and not watching and judging.

You should take a music theory class. I mean that in the most non condescending way.
Does square dancing count?

I get it, I don’t see the appeal either. And as a woman, I think I’m a minority as most women seem to love dancing. I just find it embarrassing and uncomfortable. I don’t mind watching other people dance, but I don’t enjoy it myself. Could be an introvert tendency too, as I’m quite shy and anxious around others.

I get it, I don’t see the appeal either. And as a woman, I think I’m a minority as most women seem to love dancing. I just find it embarrassing and uncomfortable. I don’t mind watching other people dance, but I don’t enjoy it myself. Could be an introvert tendency too, as I’m quite shy and anxious around others.
But then do you not like dancing it or do you not like dancing in public? Or to be really annoying and complicated do you not like dancing because you don't like dancing in public. 😅

'Music has emotional impact that's intense enough to make you want to physically move."

I do understand what you are saying, but I just don't feel like moving while enjoying a song, and some songs do touch me when I listen. Some are sad and my eyes well up if I'm moved by them. I experience all kinds of emotions mentally, but not any that makes me want to dance is all.

But then do you not like dancing it or do you not like dancing in public? Or to be really annoying and complicated do you not like dancing because you don't like dancing in public. 😅
No, I don’t like dancing - period. Even in the privacy of my own home with no one around, I still don’t like dancing.

'Music has emotional impact that's intense enough to make you want to physically move."

I do understand what you are saying, but I just don't feel like moving while enjoying a song, and some songs do touch me when I listen. Some are sad and my eyes well up if I'm moved by them. I experience all kinds of emotions mentally, but not any that makes me want to dance is all.
Maybe you don't listen to songs that have that kind of vibe. I didn't really appreciate jazz until watching Whiplash lol then I started getting really into it and found out Whiplash isn't even really a music movie it's more of a sports movie. Now I love jazz. Not everything is for everyone either though, but I think most things are just a matter of how open your mind is and how hard you try.

Maybe you don't listen to songs that have that kind of vibe. I didn't really appreciate jazz until watching Whiplash lol then I started getting really into it and found out Whiplash isn't even really a music movie it's more of a sports movie. Now I love jazz. Not everything is for everyone either though, but I think most things are just a matter of how open your mind is and how hard you try.
My favorite genre of music is country. I've also listened to dance music, rap, jazz, pop, rock and roll, etc. None of it inspires me to dance to it.

You gotta think of dancing like drinking. No man wants to buy a foo foo drink, or ******* wine coolers, but the ladies seem to appreciate them, so you buy a six pack with the whiskey, and hope you're coordinate enough with either.

Guy here. I get the appeal of dancing, I can see how hearing some music can make you want to get up and move.

But mostly I agree with this post. I feel like dancing would be embarrassing and uncomfortable, especially because I don't know any moves, and I'm not good at quick thinking/improvising in general. I'm also introverted mostly, and would feel pretty self-conscious about dancing.

I think I'd feel better about it though, if I knew some moves. Like anything, if I knew what I was doing, I could be more confident and less self-conscious that I'm making a fool of myself.

Isn't tik tok supposed to do dance tutorials or something? I have no clue, I just know I read and hear dumb honeysuckle about it, and it usually involves a dance, or snorting bleach, or how to eat your enemies heart to gain their power, something like that

Latest posts

Back