I don't know how to explain this

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aedammair

Reaction score
I am the kinda guy who wants to be some beautiful girls knight in shining armor To get married and live happily ever after. Only thing is I get so nervous. I for one don't like being hurt. What can I do to overcome my fear of rejection? That is how all my attempts at a normal relationship have ended. How can I honestly tell when a girl likes me? Or is it just hopeless for shy guys? Any advice would be appreciated.

Just don't give up! If she rejects you, she rejects you! I bet there are more thab a milion girls better than the girl that would reject you. Just go to her ant tell her your feelings!!
I was once a shy girl too, but I didn't give up and face the things I fear the most!! It helps, trust me!
When you'll get rejected it might hurt inside for some time, but you have to get over it nd live on!

Ahh, what worked for me is to expect being rejected. I don't know if it works for you since you have such a fear of it, but for me it cushioned the impact a whole lot the time I asked a girl out. I didn't really actively try to expect being rejected by the way, I just did automatically.

why beautiful? thats like buying at full price. if you buy at lowest price, it just goes up and up in value. :D maybe youre just chasing the wrong items.

Heh, sadly, h i, that's pretty correct. Most of the really beautiful, physically attractive women I've met have been duds--dull conversation, dull minds, sometimes even dull in the sack. Beautiful women often think that they don't have to WORK for anything or even give effort in what they do simply BECAUSE they are beautiful...and society only reinforces that through preferential treatment for those who are physically attractive.

Find a normal-looking girl (attractive...but not stunning, etc)...get to know her, and in your eyes she'll become the prettiest in the world, and those other beauties will start to look like common whores.

As to the rest...take a chance! Even the handsomest, most intelligent dudes get rejected like as much as 40% of the time. Just keep trying, and don't take a rejection as a personal insult. You'll have like 8 women's numbers in no time!

----Steve

Badjedidude said:
Find a normal-looking girl (attractive...but not stunning, etc)...get to know her, and in your eyes she'll become the prettiest in the world, and those other beauties will start to look like common whores.

This is so true... a few years back I met the girl I've been obsessing over lately. Older coworkers who'd bang any young girl with a pulse made comments to me about how hot she was... me with high standards thought, "eh, she's okay." Up until this fall we just had light conversation... then I started getting to know her and found she was a lot like me. Suddenly Megan Fox was a dog by comparison... no fuckin joke. There is so much more than just physical beauty... you don't really believe it til it happens either.

Ridin Solo said:
Badjedidude said:

This is so true... a few years back I met the girl I've been obsessing over lately. Older coworkers who'd bang any young girl with a pulse made comments to me about how hot she was... me with high standards thought, "eh, she's okay." Up until this fall we just had light conversation... then I started getting to know her and found she was a lot like me. Suddenly Megan Fox was a dog by comparison... no fuckin joke. There is so much more than just physical beauty... you don't really believe it til it happens either.

I totally agree!

You guys I agree. physical beauty doesn't honestly mean that much to me. I just have to find her beautiful. Don't care about the rest of the world. She has to have that inner beauty. Something that draws me in and won't let me go.

Aedammair

Latest posts

Back