I Feel 'Bad' Due To The Mask Mandate Ending Soon

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SquiddyKat

Reaction score
I know most people will disagree, but I actually like masks and when I'm out, I wear them whenever possible.
They help a bit with my anxiety, they also hide my facial expressions. I have odd facial expressions, so it looks odd, misjudged, or inappropriate. It also helps me avoid becoming sick. I also like hiding my identity, becuase people often misjudge me or give weird looks, for reasons I'm generally not sure.

I'm scared that it will be social awkward to wear one when they will be not mandated anymore. Instead of feeling more 'nomrla', I'll probably feel a little more awkward in a sense.

People still wear masks here months after they stopped being required. They have their reasons: allergies, wanting to test negative to travel somewhere, being clinically vulnerable, living with or caring for someone who's clinically vulnerable, not feeling safe.

My son and his partner still wear them, he said they received a few comments but they have their reasons and it's nobody's business.

Can't say I agree. I'm looking forward to not having to wear masks. Don't get me wrong, I've been following the guidelines since the beginning and I think we should have locked down even harder at first (with the government paying people to stay home and businesses to stay shut, instead of leaving them to fend for themselves) - I feel like the sooner we get this under control, the sooner we can get it over with, instead of trying to start too early and having to stop the economy over and over. But I don't like wearing or seeing the masks because it's a reminder that something is wrong in the world. I feel like it puts a damper on things.

Like, I wouldn't want to go to a party or a wedding or event or something, if we had to mask for it. I'd rather just wait for this whole situation to be over.

I know most people will disagree, but I actually like masks and when I'm out, I wear them whenever possible.
They help a bit with my anxiety, they also hide my facial expressions. I have odd facial expressions, so it looks odd, misjudged, or inappropriate. It also helps me avoid becoming sick. I also like hiding my identity, becuase people often misjudge me or give weird looks, for reasons I'm generally not sure.

I'm scared that it will be social awkward to wear one when they will be not mandated anymore. Instead of feeling more 'nomrla', I'll probably feel a little more awkward in a sense.
It could help to think that the virus is still highly active and claiming a thousand lives a day. My inspiration to continue wearing mine is to do all I can to protect children and those unable to protect themselves.

However, I have a difficult time trusting those with faces I cannot see. I prefer that everyone wear a mask, so I don't allow myself to fall into a position where I could be a victim of someone that is less than honest.

My sister had unusual facial ticks and inappropriate smiles to situations. They weren't something she had control over, and they didn't mean what others assumed them to mean. But who takes the time to question their own assumptions? No one ever thinks what they think is wrong... not initially.

I supported the lockdowns and am pro-vax. But then I hate masks. theyr'e cumbersome and too difficult.
I understand your situation though. Why do you think you have odd facial expressions?

Masks are kinda a pain because I wear glasses and they get fogged up, and I have a beard at the moment too. But I absolutely loved lockdowns, everywhere was so quiet, I felt like this is how it should always be. I believe in the maxim that "Two thirds of the evil in the world would vanish if everybody just stayed at home and did nothing".

I'll continue wearing a mask in public and someone in charge will have to ask me to take it off... That'll teach them to force me to wear one in the first place.
I found a reason to wear a mask now: ( so that I can smile when not appropriate ) to show my disdain to most people because most people are liars, thieves and traitors.

I also like hiding my identity, becuase people often misjudge me or give weird looks, for reasons I'm generally not sure.
Hiding your identity? Why, are you on some kinda registry for people that do things to get on registries? I'm not trying to be judgey but a statement like that does beg the question 'Why?'. And what do you mean by 'odd facial expressions'? Do you have involuntary muscle spasms or something? Again, not trying to be judgey, just genuinely curious.

As for myself, I see myself as unattractive, and maybe when I was younger, I woulda liked the idea of the masks, but in recent years, I've decided to stop giving a honeysuckle what other people think of me. So the mask is nothing but a pain since it detriments things like, breathing.. I may not love life, but I am OK with breathing, lol.

So best advice I could give, is to stop giving a honeysuckle. If people give you dirty looks, either smile, or give them a dirty look right back. Screw them..

I got used to wearing them most of the time at work, so, I don't mind putting on one elsewhere. It seems like a minor inconvenience. I only feel bad thinking of people who rely on lip reading.

Awkward is not wearing one when appropriate :)

Last edited:
I hate wearing masks. I hate having anything in front of my face. But, the local Walmart still requires masks to be worn. Many people wear their masks until they get inside and then they pull them down.

Also I can't hear very well. Apparently I've learned to read lips without realizing it. So, when someone with a mask tries to talk to me I can't understand them so I usual just ignore them. Then they get mad. It's actually kind of funny. I'll be glad when the masks are gone.

But, I think it will be socially acceptable to always wear masks now. So, you should be fine.

I practiced my knife throwing skills over the weekend. Level 1 Rogue achieved.

Not saying we should put together a crew and do a heist or anything...but we should totally put together a crew and do a heist.
One of my big fantasy is the pull the perfect heist...no blood, no violence, no traces, people scratching their heads as to how we did it, plus we had dinner in the vault and left a 100 million dollar check to a poor children organisation 😈

I don't think you should hide ur face behind the mask, u should be more confident with who r, hiding behind a mask is not an opinion IMO, if people judging u for who u r, thats their problem not urs. We did not choose how we want to look before we were born, everyone is beautiful in their own way.

One of my big fantasy is the pull the perfect heist...no blood, no violence, no traces, people scratching their heads as to how we did it, plus we had dinner in the vault and left a 100 million dollar check to a poor children organisation 😈
You must love the show Money Heist on Netflix then? That show had me on pins and needles the entire time.

and left a 100 million dollar check to a poor children organisation
Pretty sure if you jacked their money and left a cheque, they'd just trace the check to your account. Either way, rich people ain't in the habit of giving anything to charity unless it can be used as a tax write-off.

everyone is beautiful in their own way.
Hitler?

Osama Bin Laden? (Well.. He did have a nice smile, lol..)

One of my big fantasy is the pull the perfect heist..
Tbh though, if someone approached me with the perfect plan, I'd totally do it. I've always wanted an 'all or nothing' plan. A quick score to set me for life. But when you've been on the minimum wage treadmill for 15-20 years, I think ya deserve that much at least. Robin hood that honeysuckle.. Screw the rich.. They have enough and they didn't do enough to 'earn' that much..

If I am being honest, I am not that keen on masks because it limited my communication with people.
I am deaf, I really need to read peoples faces to understand what they are saying.

Latest posts

Back