I feel invisible!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
“It would be too easy to say that I feel invisible. Instead, I feel painfully visible, and entirely ignored.” —David Levithan

I dwell on my hurt feeling that my family ignores my connecting efforts. My gifts are not acknowledged, although I very thoughtfully picked them out. Yes! Ignoring me adds to my loneliness. I have no friends or neighbors. I am not religious; therefore, no fellowship. What I do have is fur and feather pets. My pets give me a purpose to rise each morning; however, I m lonely for human connection. I am afraid of Facebook. Anxiety sets in when the phone does ring ( Always Spam). I read a lot to escape, and it helps. I am retired and bored. My great adventures are trips to doctors, Dentists, and my Veterinarian. Hey, it feels good to vent.
Hey Lady Grey!
Your story sounds a lot like my story…. No real friends, simple passing acquaintances from time to time, no girl friend, I spend 95% of my time in my house with my two pups…most of the time it is comfortable, but t8mez like now I get lonely….it sucks, but it is way too terrifying to reach out and connect with people….why fuckkn bother? They’ll only hurt you anyway

You are in an excellent place. This forum takes the edge off my loneliness. I envy you. I don't even have passing acquaintances. My pets include four pugs, one cat, seven birds (in an outdoor aviary), five chickens, a pond of turtles, and about six outdoor squirrels that I feed. Fur and feathers are my companions. I have given up on friends; I hate doing favors. What kind of dogs do you have?

“It would be too easy to say that I feel invisible. Instead, I feel painfully visible, and entirely ignored.” —David Levithan

I dwell on my hurt feeling that my family ignores my connecting efforts. My gifts are not acknowledged, although I very thoughtfully picked them out. Yes! Ignoring me adds to my loneliness. I have no friends or neighbors. I am not religious; therefore, no fellowship. What I do have is fur and feather pets. My pets give me a purpose to rise each morning; however, I m lonely for human connection. I am afraid of Facebook. Anxiety sets in when the phone does ring ( Always Spam). I read a lot to escape, and it helps. I am retired and bored. My great adventures are trips to doctors, Dentists, and my Veterinarian. Hey, it feels good to vent.
I am in Floriduh too. I understand how you feel because I feel the same way. I have a Twitter account where I try to play a functioning human but I have no real friends. I've found (I'm serious) that if I answer my phone "Q105 you're on the Air" everyone hangs up.
I too have a puppy. I too go nowhere except Vets and what not. I'm "retired" because I have a terminal degenerative brain disease called FTD and I was supposed to be dead a year ago last May at the LATEST. I made no plans to live longer and I'm also bored.

Last edited:
I love the Q105. You're on the air. Retirement stinks, especially when it is sunny all the time, making you feel you should be out and about. I will look up FTD, and I don't hope all I get is flowers.

Latest posts

Back