I found an old friend

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aedammair

Reaction score
I have moved around in the states. When I was in kindergarten I left my homestate for another. One of my best friends was a girl. She was actually one of my first crushes. Turns out I was hers as well. Well guess what! I found her on facebook of all places. We talked for hours. It seems so strange to be friends with someone you don't even know. Funny thing is that I still have a bit of a crush on her. Don't know if I am asking for advice or what but I just had to get it out somehow. I decided to spare my other friends countless hours of freaking out. :p

Aedammair

you've given me hope... that it's possible to meet the one you ever loved, again.

what are waiting for, i think you should make a move, and make her yours

i mean somehow you came to find out, she has a crush on you...i thhink that's your cue

Yet she lives in a different state. I am going to try and visit sometime next summer but there is no move that I can make but to be her friend. She is going through a difficult time. Would I be selfish to risk friendship for what I want? No matter how beautiful she is or how right it might be just because she had a crush on me all those years ago doesn't mean she wants a relationship now. I do think she likes me. She told me of a story that I had forgotten. When I was a little kid I gave her a key. She told me that I had said, "Now you have the key to my heart or something, and handed me a key. I still have the key!" She told me I was cute. Can a long distance relationship across states when we haven't seen each other in about a decade. I would do it but it seems like I could never make it work. Does anyone have any idea what I can do? I really like this girl. I have never felt this way about anyone before. Heck I've had a crush on her since kindergarten. What can I do? I'll do whatever I can.

Aedammair

P.S. Sorry. I know I probably sound like a loon. I apoligize but I need advice

you're not a loon lol the whole situation is cute, just see what happens. dont get your hopes up but dont hold yourself back either, have fun with it :D

saturday I nearly had a complete emotional breakdown. This girl is moving before I can even get over there! GAAAAH! Well everytime it starts to look like I may actually get what i want romantically something happens that completely throws me off. It makes me hesitate just a minute too long or something along those lines. It just seems like God is just enjoying watching me dance around like a buffoon. I ran outside (unnoticed) and went for a run. It is cold and dark and my family freaked out. They thought I was going to commit suicide or runaway. (Truth be told I almost did run away) They called the cops, some of my friends, and a couple family friends. I got lost because I was cutting through properties and got back like 4 hours later. My mom was hysterical and my family was annoyed and relieved. It was kind of annoying that they would think that I would commit suicide. It never even crossed my mind. I decided that I was being immature about my kindergarten crush but that, while I could, I would revel in it. I was not going to let the fact that I was acting like I was 5 stop the fact that I really care about this girl and that I will try everything in my power to find her.

Aedammair

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it :p

Well im sorry to hear it didn't exactly work out like you would have liked.

Its almost always a dangerous proposition to get overly hopeful or when a long lost or long distance crush is involved. Although there are always exceptions, these types of crusades dont usually work out very well. You are unable to have face to face contact with this person thus you truly cant know this person and cant judge how they feel about you with very much accuracy.

I know! That is the worst part. It is killing me that I can't see her face and read her body language. If it weren't my only contact with her I would hate IMing. I am going to try to go to her state sometime next summer. I am probably going to have to bribe my collegue sister to take me down to where she is going to be living. I swear sometimes I am a little messed up.

Aedammair

Aedammair said:
I know! That is the worst part. It is killing me that I can't see her face and read her body language. If it weren't my only contact with her I would hate IMing. I am going to try to go to her state sometime next summer. I am probably going to have to bribe my collegue sister to take me down to where she is going to be living. I swear sometimes I am a little messed up.

Aedammair

I know this advice is probably next to impossible to follow, but try not to get too hopeful for something to happen. A relationship can turn sour hundreds of different ways even if the person lives down the street from you. Figure a long distance relationship into the equation and that adds a whole new set of problems.

I know I may sound negative, but I do hope it works out for you. Long distance relationships are hard but not impossible.

No dude. Don't worry. you are right. I am being too hopeful. Gotta calm myself down and think logically. I don't know what I am thinking with all of this.

I hate logic.
Aedammair

Latest posts

Back