I found this in another section...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I can handle a stressful life.
I can handle a tough life.
I can handle a life with unkown meaning and seeming lack of purpose.
What I am having a very hard time handling is a lonely life.
Being lonely is the ultimate curse, worse than physical pain.
Money can't fix it.
Time only makes it worse.
The side effect of lonliness is often depression and the lowering of your self esteem. Both of which do NOTHING but help perpetuate your state of lonliness!
I wish I had some perfect answer on how to not be lonely, but I don't.
What I have started doing is the following:
First, I remind myself, that the terrible feelings and thoughts I have when being lonely, far outweigh any embarrassment or socially uncomfortable feeling I might have, while trying to eliminate my lonliness.
Its far easier to face being shot down by a pretty woman / girl, than it is to face the thought of continuing to be lonely for the rest of my life.
I try to talk to at least one new woman each day, and more often than not, it turns out to be a positive experience. It gets easier each time I do it. One important thing to remember is, when you approach someone is to not think of them as a prospective date, but just someone to talk to. That way there is no added pressure, and it allows you to just be yourself.
You may have to meet 50 new people before you find someone who is single, who likes you, and feel comfortable enough to give you their number, or who wants yours.
So, far out of about 10 woman I have approached, I have gotten 1 phone number, been asked for my phone number once, and have only been outright shutdown only once. The others turned out to be just nice conversations.
You are in control, (to a certain extent), of how lonely you are.
But, you are in complete control, of how you address being lonely.
You can let it perpetuate, and deepen.
Or you can fight it like your worst enemy.
I chose the latter.
Good luck.

Latest posts

Back