I Got Stared At

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps it was aggressive behavior. It's difficult to know such things. Some people are just off, and they have happen to be parents, too...

I was downtown with a lady friend of mine once, and this guy driving by, yells out the window, "Hey... I like your girl friend." For the majority of my life I have NEVER encountered such brazen, assholery. But, I suppose it was 10ish PM on a saturday night. So, the guy may have been drinking, and him and his buddies may not have made any encounters that night; or he was just a born and bred prick. I was a bit scared though and also angry. I just tried to ignore it and tried to brush it off. I just rationalized it was aggressive male behavior, and there was wasn't anything I could do about it, except move on and not let it bother me, in that, the behavior was clearly aimed at disturbing me..

I think my friend had a tazer already at that point. As a male, I decide it's just best for me to be non-confrontational and avoid situations like that. Clearly upon looking back, it was an off handed comment made in a weak position designed to antagonize me. Best thing to do when some one is looking for a fight, is not give them what they want.

It can be scary out there some times... In the words of Mr. Miyagi, "ok to lose, not okay to let fear win..."

Last edited:
Perhaps it was aggressive behavior. It's difficult to know such things. Some people are just off, and they have happen to be parents, too...

I was downtown with a lady friend of mine once, and this guy driving by, yells out the window, "Hey... I like your girl friend." For the majority of my life I have NEVER encountered such brazen, assholery. But, I suppose it was 10ish PM on a saturday night. So, the guy may have been drinking, and him and his buddies may not have made any encounters that night; or he was just a born and bred prick. I was a bit scared though and also angry. I just tried to ignore it and tried to brush it off. I just rationalized it was aggressive male behavior, and there was wasn't anything I could do about it, except move on and not let it bother me, in that, the behavior was clearly aimed at disturbing me..

I think my friend had a tazer already at that point. As a male, I decide it's just best for me to be non-confrontational and avoid situations like that. Clearly upon looking back, it was an off handed comment made in a weak position designed to antagonize me. Best thing to do when some one is looking for a fight, is not give them what they want.

It can be scary out there some times... In the words of Mr. Miyagi, "ok to lose, not okay to let fear win..."

I crossed the road once in a semi busy area and some idiot shouted, "get off the road idiot". By the time I had gotten off the road he was still a few secs away from me .

Some people like being bullies..

I get stared at all the time, too. I'm super tall so that doesn't help. The other day in line at Target some slackjawed goober stared at me the whole time and I felt so trapped. Couldn't go forward or back in line and just had to endure him staring.

Must admit I stare at tall people too,I'm not sure why.My son is 6ft 4 and he gets stared at alot but he states he's not bothered about it,but then he likes to refer to himself as God and I sometimes think he's serious.I've done the basket ball player /supermarket shelf reaching/what's the weather like classics with him in the past .I think I am tallist essentially ,but that's not a bad thing🤔

I get stared at all the time, too. I'm super tall so that doesn't help. The other day in line at Target some slackjawed goober stared at me the whole time and I felt so trapped. Couldn't go forward or back in line and just had to endure him staring.
Maybe it's not your character, but what might he have done if you had turned to him and just stared back?

An issue in my past, I was prone to... not day dreams, it was contemplation. I would totally zone out when I was thinking intensely. The world vanished and I literally saw what it was my mind was on.

Well, I zoned. The world was gone. But having zoned in the direction of a girl she freaked out and went all blitzkrieg. I didn't even know she was there.

Sometimes we misinterpret things around us. Not saying you did. Just saying why give it any importance.

Latest posts

Back