I Got Stared At

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SquiddyKat

Reaction score
So, yesterday, I was driving, and there was a kid/teenager and a guy in a vehicle next to mine. The kid was staring right at me, and then the guy does too. I wasn't looking at them, but I turn my head towards their direction, but not looking at them, and I could see this kid staring at me. I look away and look back a few seconds later, again not looking directly at them, and then the guy does too. It's like a serious stare, and it really creeped me out. I had stares before, not often. They pat my vehicle, the kid is staring at me again. I didn't see if the guy was. I was on my way to visit someone, so I turned down another street and drove for a few minutes, to make sure they are well gone. It bothered me the rest of the day.

Did you leave a coffee on your roof? Maybe they just wanted to inform you of something. I'll do that sometimes to get their attention so I can tell them of a burned out taillight or if their brake lights aren't working. A horn is so hostile. All they have to do is acknowledge me and I can indicate the problem. Is it rude? I don't think so if it's a matter of safety.

Then there are those that feel vulnerable. I tried to get my sister-in-law's attention on the highway once. We were the only two cars in sight. She would not look at me. I guess she thought I was an ass trying to hit on her or something. If she'd bothered to look she wouldn't have felt victimized.

I don't understand why it is so hard to make eye contact. It might be important, or if not and they are just asses then you get to look away with disgust. At least it's over and you can release it.

No. I didn't put anything on my roof or anywhere, so I don't know. Hopefully, they've forgotten about it.

I'm just saying they could have had practical intentions. We'll never know. I didn't mean to imply you did the wrong thing. Better safe than sorry. I'm sure whatever their reason they likely dismissed it minutes after it happened.

So, yesterday, I was driving, and there was a kid/teenager and a guy in a vehicle next to mine. The kid was staring right at me, and then the guy does too. I wasn't looking at them, but I turn my head towards their direction, but not looking at them, and I could see this kid staring at me. I look away and look back a few seconds later, again not looking directly at them, and then the guy does too. It's like a serious stare, and it really creeped me out. I had stares before, not often. They pat my vehicle, the kid is staring at me again. I didn't see if the guy was. I was on my way to visit someone, so I turned down another street and drove for a few minutes, to make sure they are well gone. It bothered me the rest of the day.
they probably were doing it just to be *word removed*.

Last edited by a moderator:
they don't like people to use the c-word on this forum. I'm not trying to pick at what you said. you could be right for all i know. just be aware people have gotten banned for using that word.

You're way overthinking it. kids stare at people all the time. It's their way of trying to figure you out. Or just because you caught their interest over the other people/things in the area. As for the guy, crowd mentality. It's like when you're in a crowded street and one person stands still and stares into the sky, you'll see that other people will take notice and look up to find out what the person is looking at, or why.

This is a common phenomenon in modern society. Things have been largely over-sexualized, and because of that, people feel uncomfortable when someone looks at them for a prolonged period. Apart from that, we also live in an overly insecure society. So even if there are no preconceived sexual intentions, the person is left wondering why they are being stared at; is something wrong with them .etc.

I've heard that in China, as a part of their culture, it is actually considered impolite to look someone directly in the eyes.

Some animals see eye contact as a form of intimidation, but as humans, we should be smart enough to know otherwise.

I personally feel that too much thought has been put into eye contact. It made socialization difficult even before the mainstreaming of the internet, and smart phones.

So yea, if it happens again, look right back at them, and stick out your tongue. They'll probably smile/laugh, or turn away (having realized they've been noticed).

Maybe they thought they knew you, or you looked so familiar to them, they kept staring in an effort to place you.
I was at a fair once and a younger guy came up, big grin, talked on and on about people, things he'd been doing, enthusiastic and obviously thought I was someone else. Called me her name several times, talked about mutual friends, family.
Turns out he sincerely thought I was his cousin and hadn't seen me in a year or so. I was friendly but had to insist I wasn't who he thought I was. Truly bizarre, but sometimes people might stare because they think they might know you and are trying to figure it out.

Sounds like a scene from a comedy movie. Imo

When strangers act weird, I like to think about how after that moment I'll never see them again, and dump the memory of them from my mind.

It was a coping mechanism I came up with after vacationing to places as a kid. Once I leave the vacation spot I'll be thousands of miles away from anyone there, and I'll never see them again. So it doesn't matter what I do, or how I look, or how people act around me. (Unless if I get in trouble with the law or something lol.)

When someone stares at you, stare back then look behind them and pretend you've seen a ghost.

why didn't you just freak them out with a whacky face lmao😂😂😂????

Never what ever you do stare back at anyone there are alot of nutters out there.Fiddle with your CD or radio anything and keep looking straight ahead.They'll be gone in a minute,it's not worth it

have a staring contest with them???
Yeah at the next lights they'll get out of their car and Fcuk you up,we'll here in Britian anyway.I had a geezer right on my tail last week swerving around trying to get passed me just cause I slightly cut him up.He was bouncing up and down in his seat shouting out of the window cause I'd slowed down ,my usual method when I'm pissed at someone(don't do this lol its only my way of dealing with it).Anyway he finally called me the c- word and luckily at the fork in the road when a different way.I swear he would have jumped out of his car if we stopped at lights.Crazies out there.

Never what ever you do stare back at anyone there are alot of nutters out there.Fiddle with your CD or radio anything and keep looking straight ahead.They'll be gone in a minute,it's not worth it

Honestly, I mostly agree with this. I'm not by any means saying all people are bad (they aren't, probably not even the majority of them), but these days you never know who is psycho and better safe than sorry.

Honestly, I mostly agree with this. I'm not by any means saying all people are bad (they aren't, probably not even the majority of them), but these days you never know who is psycho and better safe than sorry.

One of my brothers gets so offended if people look at him. He's violent too on occasions he's been driving and if someone stares hell roll the window to abuse.

I don't recommend people stare at others. It's happened to me on a few occasions and I've done as well to others a few times which I regret usually to a woman who is attractive 😂

I've been stared at on occasions so all is fair or least appears that way.

I do recall being in a car with my dad a few years ago and he was driving and this young police officer was laughing at me. I've been laughed at a few times over the years though so I'm used to it.

Latest posts

Back