I had freinds, but lost on drugs.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

CraigD

I had alot of friends but I recently lost them all to drugs. All they want to do now is smoke weed and do nothing. They want to do that for the rest of thier lives. I told then how i felt and they called me 'gay'. I no longer have any friends all because of drugs.

It's not gay to stand by what you think is right.What would you have,an escape or reality?

So far reality hasn't been the most rewarding thing. No one ever listens to me.

My relationship with a friend became strained when I stopped partying (alcohol) and she didn't. She has since become an alcoholic and its hard to deal with her. I know she realizes that I am a true friend to her and the barflys she stays with aren't loyal, which is why she calls me when she's in a rut, yet she prefers to be with them instead of me. Its understandable.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is would never, ever go back on the decision I made. Sure, if I drank I too could be the belle of the ball, or bar, and have tons of people to drink with but I'd rather be alone and work on improving my self and hopefully I will gain the network/support system I seek.

And you shouldn't give up. Join some organizations that your interested and see if you can meet new people there.

I know what you're saying.

I see them around town just about 4 times a week and it's just hard to get over it.

EVERY time i do encounter them they are on 'something' with thier "new friends".

I've tried drugs because friends have influenced me too. I don't like it, i don't like how it feels, and i have relatives who are ruined because of it, and that's just not me.

If I have to be alone to be the man I have to be, then I am completely prepared for it.

"Time heals wounds, not regrets."

congradulations Craig for having your own personality unlike your old "friends" who let drugs make a personality for them. That doesn't make you gay or uncool. If all your friends do is get high on whatever kind of drugs then I think you're a lot better off without them.

I guess some people will never realize that drugs and alcohol make you do stupid things that you either regret or will ruin your life.

I admire your spirit Craig kp it up and you will soon find better friends who you have things in common with. am offering to be one.

Yeah, drugs and alcohol are demons in disguise! I have had personal encounters and have too witnessed life-forms be lost from these diciphering little bastards! I thank all above who wrote about drugs and how they ruin peoples lives. Not only this, but they ruin peoples perception of reality! I thank the lady w/ the cool quote and the cool pic b/c she seems real. I too am offering my friendship to anyone who wants a positive and happy YET, Real friendship. I am tired and sick of friends who are only there to smoke, drink, or bring me down. That's all they've ever done to me. It improves their well-being and leads me to hiding out in my lonely room w/ my lonely life. I think a lot, I sleep a lot, and I sure as hell wish a lot, but for once I'd like to go out and be that social butterfly that I once o
Was. I lost it All. Lost it to the 'friends', the xb/f, the drug (mj), the 'family' who only hater me in disguise...they love to gossip and hate on me...:(, and lastly, the perception that I have on myself....as a loser who will never amount to anything. I don't understand. I once was diagnosed w/ depression. Then, ADHD/ADD. Then it was paranoia. I mean wtf?! I know I'm not normal, but on top of all this honeysuckle, I turned to fake people to help me out of the 'rut' and it made me Worse! Somebody please give me some good...no GREaT and HonEsT Advice please! I also have a bad habbit frpom older 'friends/family' of smoking when I am already high. High off of what I wrote above + more. Advice, suggesstions, criticisms, I don't give a honeysuckle. Hell I'll read anything interesting. Keeps me busy I suppose. Thank you,
--AmLonelyandaSmile

The question is are they your friends. You did a good thing. If they make fun of you just walk away.

I have made loads of friends, the trouble is being a work a holic there was never a social life. The kids grew up, and I was still working, I stopped now but I feel isolated, too shy to try personally to create a social life, You can be financially successfull have beautiful grandchildren great children a good husband but still lonely. Women worldwide are working and normally it is the love in their life that controls their social environment. You see as long as she feels loved she would be anywhere, and happy. Yes you can survive as a single and unloved but its simply not as good.. No amount of money, or job satisfaction, will provide that hug when you feel down.

Guess I'm the polar opposite of you, I'm losing to drugs as it is right now, I don't do anything. I know I need help but I'm too afraid to leave my room an ask for it. I have the type of parents that know something is going on but don't know how to approach it. I'm the type of person who knows when something is going wrong, but doesn't have the balls to stop it. My friends left me hanging as well..

brain said:
Guess I'm the polar opposite of you, I'm losing to drugs as it is right now, I don't do anything. I know I need help but I'm too afraid to leave my room an ask for it. I have the type of parents that know something is going on but don't know how to approach it. I'm the type of person who knows when something is going wrong, but doesn't have the balls to stop it. My friends left me hanging as well..

Well stop right there, you have a problem and its scary, you already know you need help. Your parents are frightened too! Could you write a letter to them to explain what is happening? Write it and put it in your mams hands? Could you perhaps telephone someone to guide you? Have a think,,,,, you need help. Hugs.

hi guys..um...this isn't really a follow up of the exact topic but it does have to do with friends so here I go:

Well today after crew (rowing) practice, I came home from school and decided with my 'friends' to possibly have a sleepover. I was interested in it, so I said sure, and plans went from there. Later, I received a call saying I need to bring my computer for a LAN party, (PC gaming party) but my dad said I couldn't..they kept saying I suck and all that :( ...
I lost all urge to go and wanted to talk about it so I got on the forums..but more to the point, are these really what friends are supposed to be like? I feel like im being taken advantage of..

aninnocentbystander said:
..but more to the point, are these really what friends are supposed to be like? I feel like im being taken advantage of..

Tured friends will jokingly say you suck but will still want you to come over.

CraigD said:
I had alot of friends but I recently lost them all to drugs. All they want to do now is smoke weed and do nothing. They want to do that for the rest of thier lives. I told then how i felt and they called me 'gay'. I no longer have any friends all because of drugs.
I feel sorry for your friends, pray for them

Latest posts

Back