I Hate Myself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpectraApocalypse

Reaction score
I am a narcissist. I am cold, insensitive and dont understand the emotions of others. I am so constantly engulfed in my own thought and obssessions with what ever the fresia is wrong with me that I neglect to realise when I am causing problems in relationships. I really hate this about myself. So I have a question: should I just kill myself since my condition is incurable and everyone will just perpetually think Im an entity of evil? I want to be better but its allegedly impossible and life as a narcissist is just a constant cycle of suffering

I would imagine full blown narcissists don't see or care what they are doing, which means there is hope for you. If you want to fix it, figure out how to fix it and do it. No excuses, just find a way. It will be hard and it won't happen overnight, but it is not, by any means, impossible.

No. Try to take small steps in the direction you want to go. If you look at the big picture it seems like an overwhelming and impossible goal. Treat your goal as if it's a job that requires you to create a plan. Then do it.

By definition, you are not a narcissist. And, not self absorbed enough that you are willing to share intimate thoughts and feelings, here with us.

Without wishing to deminish your rather raw thoughts. Perhaps speaking to a professional, might help. Potentially, this might be a manic episode, or something that can at least be eased.

Friends and family insist that Im not narcissistic but its just them lying to me as part of the method of non confrontation as recommended by most psychologists

I see. Personally I think "narcissist" is a word thrown around too lightly these days. It's almost become a fashionab!e buzz word.

How do you know that your friends and family are lying to you? Are you assuming that you're causing problems or are people telling you that you're causing problems? Also, we all have a little narcissist in us so hopefully you're not just overreacting. I hope you get the help and guidance that you need. Take it easy and don't jump to any conclusions.

No. Try to take small steps in the direction you want to go. If you look at the big picture it seems like an overwhelming and impossible goal. Treat your goal as if it's a job that requires you to create a plan. Then do it.
lol. high horse. fresia what your church told you.

I am a narcissist. I am cold, insensitive and dont understand the emotions of others. I am so constantly engulfed in my own thought and obssessions with what ever the fresia is wrong with me that I neglect to realise when I am causing problems in relationships. I really hate this about myself. So I have a question: should I just kill myself since my condition is incurable and everyone will just perpetually think Im an entity of evil? I want to be better but its allegedly impossible and life as a narcissist is just a constant cycle of suffering

No. it's not worth suicide.
It's good that you're acknowledging this in yourself. I'd suggest seeking help.

Friends and family insist that Im not narcissistic but its just them lying to me as part of the method of non confrontation as recommended by most psychologists
I'm going to gamble a bit here; but, that's the problem. People tend to think psychologists have it all figured out. They don't. The ones that think they do, are probably a danger to themselves and others, quite literally, and the ones that know they don't know honeysuckle, are rare, and will tell you up front, which is challenging.

If you want my opinion, there is such a thing as a well adjusted narcissist. Such a person wouldn't be perfect, or any more saintly than the average person; but, more or less, perhaps more, perhaps less, has the ability to function in life the same as any other person, with out even necessarily coming to own the distinction of being a, 'narcissist.'

Psychology isn't really a science, to the same degree as the science of Newtonian physics. A billiard ball is much more deterministic than observations governed by the uncertainty principle, time, innumerable variables, changing perceptions, trends, etc.. Educated people can often be fooled into thinking education equals insight. Likewise, uneducated people can often be fooled into thinking knowledge is wisdom. And both people are quite capable of being foolish irresponsible self-convinced idiots...

Yesterday's great discovery is often tomorrow's misguided ignorance of the past.

So, you sound a bit like a fish that's concerned he/she might drown, to me... heh.

My mother has done all sorts of selfless acts her whole life, and has been loved by many, many people, though she has been estranged at times from her family, has had her failings with them, is often impatient, and some of her family is quite foreign to her. Does she do good deeds because she is a good person? Or does she do good deeds because she wants to be a good person so she can get into Heaven? Who could say. The nature of a good person is to do good. The nature of a selfish person is to do selfish things for personal gain.

Is a helpful deed any less helpful if the person providing the help, did it for purely selfish reasons? Does it matter? Can not a blind man be a discerning connoisseur of fine art, even though he can not see it with his own eyes?

I'm not certain of much else, concerning your issue..

I do know, however, that in a room filled with 10 narcissists, there are no narcissists, just 10 normal people. And in a room filled with 10 narcissists and 1 very selfless and beneficent person; there is 1 person with a very serious problem that must be resolved at all costs!

Your film recommendation: A Fish Called Wanda
Your TV series recommendation: House, M.D.

Good luck..

Last edited:

WAAAAAAIT A MINUTE!!!! are you my neighbor???? May i ask your gender and age?

What qualities do you like in yourself?

It is about finding compatible people to have relationships with. There are people out there who like to support and take care of people. You just need to find those kinds of people.

Personally I think it is good to have goals and/or a purpose it keeps one busy.

Latest posts

Back