I have a university degree in bachelor of business administration , but ...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funnylife33

Reaction score
i am still doing a shitty job and they pay me very less .

I am assisting a purchase manager sorting packages that comes to the pharmacy wholesale distribution center.

I really feel like quitting this crappy job and wait till i can find a better job

Thanks to this covid crap , there are almost no new job vacancies anywhere .

What should i do ?

Should i continue searching for jobs online ?

This sucks .

Why isn't anyone telling me to quit this crappy job

I majored in business administration too and regret it. I find that it's too general. I feel like I'd have been better off if I stuck with accounting.

Weren't you also going into accounting yourself? Is there any way you can still do that?

I've been taking courses on LinkedIn Learning lately, maybe you could do the same. When you finish a course it shows up on your profile, so maybe it will make you look a little better to employers - make you look more active, like you're updating your skills.

Just some thoughts.

@TheSkaFish

Thanks for the reply ,

I know this degree is better than no degrees at all , i was seriously expecting some better jobs as soon as i finished this course , but that did not happen .

I keep searching for jobs online , and the vacancies are always for nurses , software engineers , doctors and accountants .
I am still doing that accounting course but my classes are only on Sundays , just 1 class every week .
So its very slow moving .

If you need any help with accounting you can ask me , i will try my best to help  . I have been working really hard on that one .

As you can see from the below pictures i have only reached till Trial balance ...

20201206-203000-Copy.jpg

Also some notes from SAP accounting software classes ,

20201129-210230.jpg

20201206-202344.jpg

@TheRealCallie ,

Yes you are right .

Right now the conditions in India are bad too , New job vacancies are hard unless you are a nurse or a doctor or a software engineer who can work from home for the company .

I have no idea what a person like me with a simple commerce degree can do .

I work in whole pharmacy distribution center right now , this is the only thing here that is going smoothly , because everyone everyday needs medicines

Yeah, it does suck. Working sucks for that matter. I worked plenty of honeysuckle jobs and slowly climbed the latter. They call it putting your time in. Some are lucky and can bypass the crap. But, it doesn't look like you can. So, keep looking for another job. Don't quit until the other job is secured and appears as permanent as possible. Then start looking for another job soon after. Keep jumping around. Eventually you'll find one that pays well or you like it. Rarely do you get both. Always have your resume ready to go.

Is there any chance of a promotion in your current job? I don't know how it is in your country, but could you go back to school for a quick class to maybe getting a higher position and more money where you are?

Also, forgive me if you've said in previous posts, but how long have you been out of college and working where you are now?

Finished said:
Yeah, it does suck. Working sucks for that matter. I worked plenty of honeysuckle jobs and slowly climbed the latter. They call it putting your time in. Some are lucky and can bypass the crap. But, it doesn't look like you can. So, keep looking for another job. Don't quit until the other job is secured and appears as permanent as possible. Then start looking for another job soon after. Keep jumping around. Eventually you'll find one that pays well or you like it. Rarely do you get both. Always have your resume ready to go.

Yea , After i made this thread i talked to a couple of people i know and have started looking for a new job .

Usually people get a lot of break in between works , why this job sucks is because once started there is no rest in between until it finishes .

And most of the time it only ends at evening 6 .

Yup , so i have started looking for all sorts of job other than checking purchased packages .

TheRealCallie said:
Is there any chance of a promotion in your current job?  I don't know how it is in your country, but could you go back to school for a quick class to maybe getting a higher position and more money where you are?

Also, forgive me if you've said in previous posts, but how long have you been out of college and working where you are now?

If i complete my accounting they might move me to the computer based accounting section , but that will at least take another 4 or 5 more months .

I don't think i can handle this job for another 5 more months .

I did a distance education course and at the same time i was working here  and i have been working here for the past 4 years .

So it was like studies after work for 3 and a half years . That was really hard doing both at the same time .

Keep looking for other opportunities. But unless you have a financial safety net (e.g. family or government), don't quit your job yet. You survived 4 years in that crappy job, you can do another 5 months. 5 months are nothing. Please stay motivated, I'm sure an opportunity will present itself sooner or later!

Thanks a lot for the reply Myra ,

I think its because of this Covid 19 , job vacancies are very less .

Otherwise i would have found a job with a complete degree and all .

Now the vaccines are here , this whole situation might change soon .

I hope the vaccine arrives in my place soon too .

After that i need to do some proper work . I am sure my overall mood will change after i get a new job.

In the meanwhile i guess this job is the only option

I thought i would update my accounting notes here a bit , maybe it will be useful to someone new to accounting .

Journal-Entries.jpg

Adjustment-entries.png

SAP.jpg

Accounting-books.jpg

Ah , i have a little bit of satisfaction now .

I am glad i was able to narrow it down this much before Christmas

A little bit more to go to complete the manual accounting process .

But i am a bit happy .

:)

Good! I'm glad you are a bit happy. Seeing those books brought back the memories of all the accounting classes I took. I enjoyed them. I really thought I was going to like taking statistics classes. But, I didn't. Ha! Ha!

@Finished ,

Ah , good to know

I just want to finish the manual accounting as soon as possible , the software accounting doesn't look that hard

Thanks for the reply

I am a bit lost ,

I have learned from Entries or source documents to Accounting equation , Journal , Ledger and Trail balance

I am not sure where to go from here .

Accounting related materials with examples in it are very scarce on the internet .

I found one link that might be helpful for new people like me ,

I am going to share it here .

https://bansi203.wordpress.com/accounting-for-managers/

https://bansi203.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/journalledger-and-trial-bal.pdf

https://bansi203.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/ledger-posting-and-trial-balance.pdf

https://bansi203.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/final-accounts.pdf

https://www.open.edu/openlearn/ocw/mod/oucontent/view.php?id=31735&printable=1

https://www.zionsbank.com/pdfs/biz_resources_book-4.pdf

One last accounting related post , i have narrowed down it with all the good accounting materials and notes i have ever found .

I have been searching for all these materials  for a year now .

20210107-190845.jpg

How to prepare Trading , Profit and Loss account and Balance sheet from Trial balance

https://nios.ac.in/media/documents/srsec320newE/320EL14.pdf

How to prepare Cash flow statement

https://nios.ac.in/media/documents/srsec320newE/320EL30.pdf

Now i have enough accounting notes and materials , i can easily complete this accounting course .

Latest posts

Back