I Have Been Stuck In My Apartment For A Week I Can't Bring Myself To Leave Or Go Anywhere

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Don't Feel Like I'm Living Life I Feel Like A Prisoner Just Ticking The Days With Nothing To Do And No One Who Cares.
You aren't going to live it staying there, kid. First step is going out. Doesn't matter if it's a walk around the block or a trip to the supermarket, chatting up the cashier. You have to do something, anything. No one can do that but you.

I haven't left my apt since Friday afternoon.
It happens sometimes.
I get depressed.
And self medicate with booze-a-hol.
I'll go out on Monday...

I Don't Feel Like I'm Living Life I Feel Like A Prisoner Just Ticking The Days With Nothing To Do And No One Who Cares.
Do you mean nothing to do or nothing you want to do? Do you actually think no one cares or do you mean that everyone you have told of your situation doesn't care? Are us people who are replying, caring? It's difficult to provide you with some advice when we don't know enough of your situation. What's stopping you from going out? Are you disabled? Being held against your will? Have agoraphobia? What's your home like; do you have a yard, a garden, a vegetable patch? Do you have a bicycle, a scooter, skates? Is your house clean, anything that needs repair? Can you take a course, begin a hobby, learn a skill? What about exercise? Do you do any? Can you cook? Can you read? Play online games? I cringe when people say there is nothing to do because there is literally so much that can be done.

Do you mean nothing to do or nothing you want to do? Do you actually think no one cares or do you mean that everyone you have told of your situation doesn't care? Are us people who are replying, caring? It's difficult to provide you with some advice when we don't know enough of your situation. What's stopping you from going out? Are you disabled? Being held against your will? Have agoraphobia? What's your home like; do you have a yard, a garden, a vegetable patch? Do you have a bicycle, a scooter, skates? Is your house clean, anything that needs repair? Can you take a course, begin a hobby, learn a skill? What about exercise? Do you do any? Can you cook? Can you read? Play online games? I cringe when people say there is nothing to do because there is literally so much that can be done.
You are wrong there's literally nothing to do except listing to music my mom has left for a week it's her apartment but there's no key so I can't leave even if I wanted too.

You are wrong there's literally nothing to do except listing to music my mom has left for a week it's her apartment but there's no key so I can't leave even if I wanted too.

Oh, I just saw this now, my mistake.

I guess the only thing to do is wait it out....read, watch something or play games if you have stuff like that...if you're in school you could catch up on your homework, or you could clean, or do indoor exercises.

Sorry my suggestions aren't that great. But, on the bright side it's just a week. It will be over in no time.

Find something in the apartment that you have in abundance and make something with it. Its like arts and crafts. I made a city out of shoe boxes, exacto knife, and Christmas lights. Basket weave with newspaper. Make people out of toilet paper or paper towel rolls. There's a reason people in mental institutions have arts and crafts. Or send out a message in Morse code with the lights and see if anyone responds.

You could use adhesive tape to hold the door latch open, exit the apartment and walk to the 7-11 or the no frills supermarket, buy something then walk home and eat or drink or cook something with what you bought and so have accomplished something.
But run the tape vertically up the inside edge of the door.......the Watergate burglars got caught 'cos they ran their tape horizontally so the rent-a-cop could tell somebody was up to no good.

You could use adhesive tape to hold the door latch open, exit the apartment and walk to the 7-11 or the no frills supermarket, buy something then walk home and eat or drink or cook something with what you bought and so have accomplished something.
But run the tape vertically up the inside edge of the door.......the Watergate burglars got caught 'cos they ran their tape horizontally so the rent-a-cop could tell somebody was up to no good.
But it sounds like he's locked in. It might be a deadlock that he'd need the key for.

At the risk of regretting it I can say I care a lot, but I've found in the past that if people are down, lonely, bored etc, if you are not careful they take that to mean that they can instantly call you a friend and should be able to hog your time online or wherever whenever they feel like that. Ringing a helpline makes more sense then as they have different people on duty at different times you won't be trying to get someone when they are busy at work or with their family and friends. I know what your situation is like insomuch as I had agrophobia and was stuck at home, I also had no family or friends for help or company. But I met plenty who tried to take advantage, like the guy who came to repair the gas boiler and tried to get me to have sex with him. Nasty selfish people.

Clean the place from top to bottom. It will take some time but you will be living in a much nicer place and lost a few days. It will also show your mum you more grown up than she thought you are, not lazy and intelligent.

Locked in means you cannot open the door until the person with the key comes back.

Latest posts

Back