I just finished six weeks of TMS therapy.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Manta

Reaction score
I don't think it took. I was really hopeful, but I should have seen results by now.

Well it's still experimental. The GREAT thing about it is that there are practically zero negative side effects. The changes that occured may be too small at this point to notice. Don't give up yet.

TMS works by awakening less active areas of the brain in the hopes that will help lessen depression. I'm curious did they do a before MRI on your brain to see if any areas where less active then normal or other areas of your brain? Then are they going to do an after MRI on your brain to see the changes? Or, did they want to try it and then see if you feel that it helped?

I assume you already tried many different medications?

Also taken from
https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/therapy/how-effective-is-tms-the-tms-therapy-success-rate/

How Often Do Sessions Have To Occur To Be Effective?

Most practitioners recommend regular treatment with TMS, which usually means five sessions per week, for a 4-6 week period. Treatment can veer outside of this standard but usually requires at least this great a time commitment. Improvement in symptoms can take several weeks, but some patients report feeling changes as early as the first treatment.

Once treatment has concluded, patients typically go on to use traditional treatment methods, such as talk therapy or medication, to maintain TMS results.

Latest posts

Back