I just want a place to belong

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spazz

Reaction score
I'm not looking for a romantic relationship, or sex, or dates.

I just want a group of people I can be a part of. A group of friends who know and care about me, and I can say I care about them too. I want to know that if I died and got wiped off the face of the Earth that someone out there would know that I existed.

It seems like too much to ask for these days

You are totally correct. But, why do you think it's like that? There's got to be thousands and thousands of people out there that want to have that. Yet, they don't seem to connect.
I think it's because of modern society. Communities used to be close-knit, and everybody knew one another.

Nowadays everyone's fleeting, busy with work and maintaining their image in specific circles, I'm not sure if some people ever feel like they can truly express themselves (I don't)

It's funny, isn't it, how socializing comes easy to some folks and not to others, right?
I absolutely do want a girlfriend, but I totally get your thoughts on having a close circle of friends.
I think maybe the two go hand in hand.
Many (most?) times people meet their SO through friends.
I've always been a loner. Don't really know any other way.

Latest posts

Back