I knew I liked Beauty and the Beast

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved the movie! But I really can't ignore that she did fall in love with her kidnapper... The message is awesome but could have been conveyed in a better way (for children and even some adults).

I always thought the message was pretty clear. =] It was the Disney film I related to best when I was a kid. Thanks for posting this!

Ymir said:
I loved the movie! But I really can't ignore that she did fall in love with her kidnapper... The message is awesome but could have been conveyed in a better way (for children and even some adults).

I always saw it more as she found unexpected love in an unfamiliar place and situation.

When I was younger I used to believe that people had a choice about not judging people by their looks... but now, I am not so sure. I almost think it is on an unconscious level. That they don't know they are doing it, as popular culture disapproves such things, but they still happen. What I see is that people don't know they don't like a person because of their look and write it off to something else which is acceptable... they are slackers etc.... but really they don't like the person and they interpret actions are more severe because of that, but *THEY* just think they are reacting to something the person did.

Never saw the movie. :)

They should remake that movie for this generation who has Justin Bieber as charming prince...

Didn't Beast give her all the books she wanted too? I remember that magnificent library. :)

Whereas everyone else just laughed at her for liking books.

lovely article, thank you! I always thought the Beast was quite a decent guy

Latest posts

Back