I miss gaming

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 176211

Reaction score
I miss video games so much. I did not see the value then because I did not yet understand adult life and stress and the real world. But I wish I had time to play like I used to.

Just a few notable games that have made me jump back in temporarily during the recent years.

GHOST OF TSUSHIMA - what a beautiful game! Choc full of history- just like those Assassins Creed games used to be. I learned more about world history from video games than high school!

The Spider Man games- What I liked about them is that they didnt just let you ¨play as spiderman¨- you FELT what it was like to swing and have control of your powers. I also liked that some of the boss fights were larger than life! fun stuff!

GRAND THEFT AUTO 5- I just miss this for obvious reasons. The rush of pulling off a heist. And starting to care for the characters is cool. Love the whole Michael/Franklin- Father/Son thing.

THE MESSENGER - During the pandemic, I needed a game project to play around with and found this 8bit/16bit adventure ¨Metroidvania¨ style game called The Messenger. Picture Castlevania, Metroid, and Ninja Gaiden rolled all into one. That game was the absolute most fun I have had in a long time.

STREETS OF RAGE 4 - This took me back to my youth. I love the art styles, the music, the colors, the beat em up action.

I cannot wait for TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: SHREDDERS REVENGE to come out!! That brought out my inner 10 year old.

THINGS I WISH EXISTED
-An all new Mega Man- but maybe something in 3D, like Mega Man Legends- I got MMLegends when I was 14 years old. Killed that game!
-A POKEMON game that is 3d and console- I know this exists. I just do not own a SWITCH.
- Some kind of a ZORRO video game, a la Batman Arkham series. I have always been a huge fan of Zorro. I just feel like he is less and less visible with every generation. But you can´t love batman without some sort of grounding or appreciation for Zorro yo! haha
-A game about Superheroes NOT related to DC and Marvel. I always thought it would be a cool idea to immerse yourself in a world of superheroes where you have to learn the ropes. For example- you know who the Avengers are. You know what each one can do. So you play the game and your concentration is solely focused on what adventure they have to get into.
But in a game of unfamiliar characters, you have to hone in and learn what each person can do, who´s alliances are where, and overall learn about a world you cannot predict.

Just my ranting about games. I know I am out of touch. But I just miss talking about games.

Recently the gaming industry in general has been a let-down.

So many games that are AAA titles get released unfinished, unpolished now, released with a big fat price tag for a game of which you are essentially a glorified beta-tester (Cyberpunk 2077 for example).

There are some notables, though. I just recently finished this game called In Sound Mind, which was a nice hidden gem of a game. $24 price tag for an indie game that had a lot of play time on it.

I still return to Heroes of Might & Magic III, best strategy role playing game of the lot. And WOG, Wake of the Gods, extension of that completely fan made. Wish I could thank those guys in person. The many hours of free and and endlessly unique play they've provided.

I do still play video games wben my body allows me to.

GTA5 is my number1 multiplayer game, have over 2k hours in it, aaah good times, very nastalgic :). RE, Binding of Isaac, COD Warzone, Valheim my fav currently! Bought and trying to get into Days Gone, but hardly played, stuck in Valheim :/

I do still play video games wben my body allows me to.

GTA5 is my number1 multiplayer game, have over 2k hours in it, aaah good times, very nastalgic :). RE, Binding of Isaac, COD Warzone, Valheim my fav currently! Bought and trying to get into Days Gone, but hardly played, stuck in Valheim :/
2k hours in GTA5?! You gotta be like a VIP or something haha!!

Yea, GTA 5 was really fun. I enjoyed the online thing for a while when it came out, but it got stale fast because I could never actually do the heists bc no one ever wants to team up, and when they do, they rage quit if we cannot storm through the heist in 2.3 seconds flat. I am the kind of player that likes to experience the missions and stuff. Also, with each new DLC, it gets wackier like Saints Row. And that kind of took away from its GTA-ness for me.

Hey, did you see the trailer for the GTA trilogy remasters??? Man, that looks like it is going to be a blast to go back and play the old GTAs from back in the day with better graphics.

2k hours in GTA5?! You gotta be like a VIP or something haha!!

Yea, GTA 5 was really fun. I enjoyed the online thing for a while when it came out, but it got stale fast because I could never actually do the heists bc no one ever wants to team up, and when they do, they rage quit if we cannot storm through the heist in 2.3 seconds flat. I am the kind of player that likes to experience the missions and stuff. Also, with each new DLC, it gets wackier like Saints Row. And that kind of took away from its GTA-ness for me.

Hey, did you see the trailer for the GTA trilogy remasters??? Man, that looks like it is going to be a blast to go back and play the old GTAs from back in the day with better graphics.
Hahaha, well not a vip, but i have everything in the game and beyond.
Ah unlucky with the heist, its a lot easier with full squad, we managed to complete a Mastermind challenge, took us a whole day and we got 10m gta $.

U mean gta3? U will probably need a good rig.

Recently the gaming industry in general has been a let-down.

So many games that are AAA titles get released unfinished, unpolished now, released with a big fat price tag for a game of which you are essentially a glorified beta-tester (Cyberpunk 2077 for example).

There are some notables, though. I just recently finished this game called In Sound Mind, which was a nice hidden gem of a game. $24 price tag for an indie game that had a lot of play time on it.
I got around to checking out In Sound Mind. It does look interesting. I checked out the trailer and I saw that it is 1st person. Unfortunately I can't play FPS due to motion sickness. That sucks because I fear that I will never be able to enjoy Virtual Reality gaming, something that I daydreamed about since I was a kid.

I got around to checking out In Sound Mind. It does look interesting. I checked out the trailer and I saw that it is 1st person. Unfortunately I can't play FPS due to motion sickness. That sucks because I fear that I will never be able to enjoy Virtual Reality gaming, something that I daydreamed about since I was a kid.

I've always wanted to try good quality VR set with some kind of AI but i'm afraid i may like it too much and never go back to the real world. I'll have take the "red pill" lol I used to like free online FPS. AVA, Enlisted, Deltaforce, but now can't play anymore as of September.

I've always wanted to try good quality VR set with some kind of AI but i'm afraid i may like it too much and never go back to the real world. I'll have take the "red pill" lol I used to like free online FPS. AVA, Enlisted, Deltaforce, but now can't play anymore as of September.
Funny you say that- I wonder that all the time. Like at what point is VR going to start consuming people who will stay within it. I'm sure that in the future it will become some medically diagnosed thing. Or maybe it will eventually be used for the good side of medicine. For cognitive tests and therapies. Physical therapies etc.

All I know is that when you saw VR in movies in the 90s, it looked offensively bad haha!!! A great example is the movie Double Dragon.

Funny you say that- I wonder that all the time. Like at what point is VR going to start consuming people who will stay within it. I'm sure that in the future it will become some medically diagnosed thing. Or maybe it will eventually be used for the good side of medicine. For cognitive tests and therapies. Physical therapies etc.

All I know is that when you saw VR in movies in the 90s, it looked offensively bad haha!!! A great example is the movie Double Dragon.

VR is/will be exactly like food or video games that consume people. Video games consumed me. I could play for hours on and off all day. 2-3 hours of non-continuous play was consuming and overkill for me. In the past 6 months before is stopped playing in September i limited to 30 min/day. So far i only tried once and couldn't play any game again. It was never addicting but it helped me escape my reality and i liked training hand eye coordination. I've lost some of it since i stopped playing.

VR is/will be exactly like food or video games that consume people. Video games consumed me. I could play for hours on and off all day. 2-3 hours of non-continuous play was consuming and overkill for me. In the past 6 months before is stopped playing in September i limited to 30 min/day. So far i only tried once and couldn't play any game again. It was never addicting but it helped me escape my reality and i liked training hand eye coordination. I've lost some of it since i stopped playing.
Ahhhh so you stopped playing on purpose? It wasn't like a circumstance thing? Or just trying to reclaim some time back?

Yea, its slippery slope. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a PS5. I haven't been close to gaming for many years- pretty much since I became an adult and started working etc. But slowly things are pulling me back. Its never been problematic for me though. Just the run of the mill "I used to game a lot as a kid, now I don't have to". But little by little, those Spider-Man/SM: Miles Morales games were really fun for me. Then I remembered how fun Watch Dogs 2 was for me. Then I replayed Ghost of Tsushima for the 1000th time. Then I get an itch to go back to GTA 5 Online. Now I'm playing that Star Wars: Fallen Order game. Like I'm really getting back to appreciating the "escapism" of it. But unfortunately there is a lot going on in my life/health/family to really immerse myself.

Ahhhh so you stopped playing on purpose? It wasn't like a circumstance thing? Or just trying to reclaim some time back?

Yea, its slippery slope. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a PS5. I haven't been close to gaming for many years- pretty much since I became an adult and started working etc. But slowly things are pulling me back. Its never been problematic for me though. Just the run of the mill "I used to game a lot as a kid, now I don't have to". But little by little, those Spider-Man/SM: Miles Morales games were really fun for me. Then I remembered how fun Watch Dogs 2 was for me. Then I replayed Ghost of Tsushima for the 1000th time. Then I get an itch to go back to GTA 5 Online. Now I'm playing that Star Wars: Fallen Order game. Like I'm really getting back to appreciating the "escapism" of it. But unfortunately there is a lot going on in my life/health/family to really immerse myself.

Not exactly on purpose but a very stressful event happened which opened my eyes even wider and also brought me to this forum. I had my first and last nintendo console in 1990. Lost interest after a few years. Gave it away. Never cared for consoles i only like PC. Most immersive for me was FC3 and maybe 4 but my hardware was old and slow. When good people upgraded me recently to newer and faster i was able to play FC4 and wanted to look into 5 or replay 3 but then everything went downhill and i had to stop because of constant stress and anxiety. I never really recovered. People also gave me older consoles xbox, cube, ps3 and 4 i think, but i just could not get used to the controller, especially for FPS. I don't know if i'll ever play anything again. My mind doesn't work the same way anymore. I've lost interest, coordination over night.

I had a gaming nostalgia moment the other day.

I looked at Mod DB after not really checking it that much anymore, and I looked up Battlefield 1918, which is a total conversion mod for Battlefield 1942, the very first game in the Battlefield series. I was surprised to find out that the mod is still active after all these years...I remember I first discovered it way back in 2004, during my freshman year of college. Back then I thought it was so cool, I thought, wow, someone actually made a WW1-themed game. I spent many hours playing it. And it's still going all these years later, with so many new features.

I'm thinking I might have to download this. I just hope my old computer that ran Battlefield, still works.

Latest posts

Back