I Must Be A Creep

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That does not make sense, no minister, bar man or neighbour would be honest and say I think they run a mile because of, they would be trying to skirt around the reason for fear of upsetting the person. What is the point in saying the truth anyway? You are what you are, whatever reason you are given you wont change.

You know that do you? You know for certain if people are honest? You have ESP do you?
No point in saying what one believes to be true, you say......and people won't change, you say.

That's your opinion and I suppose you're entitled to it.

When I look in the mirror, I don't see a creep, but maybe creeps can't see what they really are. I must be one though, because people avoid talking to me, catching eye contact with me, they even cross the street to avoid contact with me. If I go out anywhere, people seem to leave the vicinity that I come into. It's been like that for many years and has been progressively getting worse. As a result, I tend to always feel out of place when I go where other people are, or try and join a group. It's really doing my head in and I don't know what to do about it.
so sad I used to act this way, a sheep, if everyone treated a guy like this at school i’d just follow suit until my mum told me it was abuse to exclude people and isolate them. I hope it gets better for you, no one deserves to feel like they dont belong

Nobody can do that anymore because it's sexual harassment or creepy. *rolling eyes*. I read Dale Carnegie's "How to win friends and influence people" over 30 years and adhered to many of its tenets - it was a best seller after all - but now, when you use those techniques, people think you're a creep. The world has gone crazy. As far as taking a class @VanillaCreme I'm not even aware of what I'm doing :(
oof, I read Dale Carnegie's book too many years ago and to be honest I don't think I made a single friend. It's strange that showing enthusiasm and taking an interest in others is considered as creepy. Which is ironic in itself since narcissism these days is a very hot topic. On youtube or any online article, can always find stuff like "10 signs someone is a narcissist" It feels as though it's more acceptable to talk about oneself constantly these days than to actually show genuine interest in someone.
I definitely relate to your post especially the part where you mentioned you always feel out of place. You're not alone in feeling that way as cheesy as it may sound.

Latest posts

Back