I went to see a counselor today regarding dating and feeling depressed

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrayAndLonesome

Reaction score
I pat myself on the back for taking the initiative, this being a new year, to seek out counseling regarding my anger, depression and loneliness because it's difficult for me to find the right girlfriend that will lead on to a marriage.

Last year, I have only met girl through friend or church referrals. All of them broke down after having me meet the girl at coffee shops. I was devastated.

I even went back home to visit my parents last year in October where my mother had a girl set up for me. Only to have that girl show up late for our date, and she didn't even bother to look at me while she entered my mom's friend's business shop.

I talked to the counselor that I feel that I'm discriminated against in the dating field, and how I'm pissed off, angry in a rage, but also depressed and many times, feel alone.

I feel a little better after my morning session. I laugh because some of the stuff I told her kind of scared the honeysuckle out of her too! LOL!

Lol man , you need to calm down. I know those feelings , i've felt them in the past , but however don't panic and be calm.
First , let's see how can i help you here...

I even went back home to visit my parents last year in October where my mother had a girl set up for me. Only to have that girl show up late for our date, and she didn't even bother to look at me while she entered my mom's friend's business shop.
You should have made here in some joking way "you're late , how could you" then think of something on the current place or on her and joke about that with a smile , and act like you're leading the conversation. In the beginning it may feel uncomfortable , but when you do it many times it will feel much better and you'll feel awesome ;)

I feel a little better after my morning session. I laugh because some of the stuff I told her kind of scared the honeysuckle out of her too! LOL!
You should think what you told to her. Not some random bullshit that scares people away... Think of something interesting.
Also , where is your sense of humour , your calm and funny attitude? If you feel insecure , fear and you're scared of talking to her and be acting like it's a big deal , then yes that may be the causes.
You should learn more things about dating , but it takes time.

GrayAndLonesome said:
I pat myself on the back for taking the initiative, this being a new year, to seek out counseling regarding my anger, depression and loneliness because it's difficult for me to find the right girlfriend that will lead on to a marriage.

Last year, I have only met girl through friend or church referrals. All of them broke down after having me meet the girl at coffee shops. I was devastated.

I talked to the counselor that I feel that I'm discriminated against in the dating field, and how I'm pissed off, angry in a rage, but also depressed and many times, feel alone.

You've made a positive step in deciding to seek counseling. That says a lot about your willingness to do the right thing for the right reasons. Good job! Most of the time, I think, people put on a "happy face" trying to mask the hurt inside. But hiding or denying circumstances will only deepen them. If we truly desire good things in life, then we have to understand our need to "purge" all negativity that now fills us and remain open to receive and be filled with good in life. My hope is that you may be filled with all that is good!

owmygod said:
Lol You should have made here in some joking way "you're late , how could you" then think of something on the current place or on her and joke about that with a smile , and act like you're leading the conversation. In the beginning it may feel uncomfortable , but when you do it many times it will feel much better and you'll feel awesome ;)L!

You should think what you told to her. Not some random bullshit that scares people away... Think of something interesting.
Also , where is your sense of humour , your calm and funny attitude? If you feel insecure , fear and you're scared of talking to her and be acting like it's a big deal , then yes that may be the causes.
You should learn more things about dating , but it takes time.

^^ ownmygod, listen, that girl whom my mother's friend paired me up with back in October was totally disinterested in meeting me. She arrived LATE to my mom's friend's business, when in fact my mom's friend called that girl up the day before to make sure that she showed up on time at the scheduled time. That girl was great looking. But being late, nah, she's cut from my potential dating pool. I too want to be picky - not a desperate dude who says "yes" to girls who don't please me...one of them is being on time.

Plus she was really shy, didn't look me in the eyes. Even when I drove her in my mom's car to the coffee shop, she didn't feel like chatting with me. When at the coffee shop, while I chatted with her, although broken language (because I'm not fluent in my mother's foreign language)....she kept looking out the door, was not attentive to me. After the coffee "date" we parted ways. She said she was in a hurry to get home to meet her friends because they were going to a concert that evening. I even offered her a ride back home. Common sense would tell her to catch a ride with me, that way, she would get home earlier,.....right? But guess what? Nope, she told me that she preferred to walk home or to catch the Uber cab ride. :rolleyes:  *shakes head*

Told who what? For that scenario, I was talking about my counseling session with the counselor. I told her the counselor, that I felt depressed because I have never had a REAL authentic girl friend. A person whom I could cuddle with, f--k and have sex with, etc. The only girlfriends I have had, were two relationships, and they were boring platonic sex-less relationship. The second one was just going out to movies and eating dinner together. No hand-holding were even involved in that relationship. That sucked!

I even talked to her about racism against me, because of my racial background and my sex that both put me at a huge disadvantage here in the US when it comes to both online, bar, club or casual dating.

She did a depression test on me. Luckily, I wasn't "severely depressed, otherwise, she would have recommended meds, which I will not take at all. LOL!

WHY was she late? WHY would she not look at you? WHY didn't she want a ride home with you?

Did you even attempt to find out the answers to any of those questions? Perhaps she has anxiety issues. Perhaps her bus was late. Perhaps there are any number of answers to any of those questions that don't involve being judgmental as hell.

TheRealCallie said:
Xpendable said:
Maybe not.

Do you just follow me around to disagree with everything I say?  I could just add another disclaimer and save you the trouble.  "X disagrees with everything I say"  Does that sound okay?   :rolleyes:

Why do you care if he disagrees with you? Maybe you might want to review one of your other disclaimers and relearn to "take what you like and leave the rest"...   :rolleyes:

reynard_muldrake said:
TheRealCallie said:
Xpendable said:
Maybe not.

Do you just follow me around to disagree with everything I say?  I could just add another disclaimer and save you the trouble.  "X disagrees with everything I say"  Does that sound okay?   :rolleyes:

Why do you care if he disagrees with you? Maybe you might want to review one of your other disclaimers and relearn to "take what you like and leave the rest"...   :rolleyes:

Is the rest of your swarm behind you? I have my Raid ready.

AmytheTemperamental said:
reynard_muldrake said:
TheRealCallie said:
Xpendable said:
Maybe not.

I nearly choked. Lol

EveWasFramed said:
AmytheTemperamental said:
reynard_muldrake said:
TheRealCallie said:
Xpendable said:
Maybe not.

I nearly choked. Lol

All of you just stop and drop it.

Wendy said, "I hadn't been to a good therapist for 10 years then [/font][/color]Doug  showed me the national sex trauma site RAINN.ORG or 800-656-4673-24/7  My new therapist seems so much better for me than my last one. [/font][/size][/color]
            75% of therapists are victims so before you sign anything ask, “Why did you become a therapist?”  If they’re shaken they have been abused or molested and are scammers.  Good therapy from the RAINN info above prevented me from becoming an anxiety stressed victim like you.  

Thank you Doug,
Wendy

https://sites.google.com/site/iwasrapedby25healed/

It looks like you stole and mangled an excerpt from this in order to try and get people to go to your site. Is this where you got your screenname too? The original document suggests getting a referral from a hospital or trusted doctor for a therapist, not going to a random website.

Not only are you a horrible person for scamming vulnerable people like this, but you aren't even good at it... Go away.

kaetic said:
https://sites.google.com/site/iwasrapedby25healed/

It looks like you stole and mangled an excerpt from this in order to try and get people to go to your site. Is this where you got your screenname too? The original document suggests getting a referral from a hospital or trusted doctor for a therapist, not going to a random website.

Not only are you a horrible person for scamming vulnerable people like this, but you aren't even good at it... Go away.

I second that.

"The national sex trauma site RAINN.ORG or 800-656-4673   24/7"

Disregarding the rest, I want to point out that is organization is legit and can help you at that phone number.  

Latest posts

Back