I wish people knew...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah G

Reaction score
So, I saw a thing that a teacher does asking her class to complete the sentence/paragraph "I wish my teacher knew..." Maybe nosy but also potentially a lifeline.

Anyway, what do you wish people/your parents/boss/housemate/that homeless guy/pastor/neighbor knew (realised, understood)?

I wish people knew that multiple sclerosis causes fatigue as its number one symptom. I'm tired!

Last edited:
I wish people knew I hope I sleep forever
I know what that's like. Taking sleeping tablets hoping not to wake up but always do.
It always surprises me that people post that they're grateful God woke them up. Doesn't even make sense, even the best life on earth would be better in heaven?

I wish people knew that I anonymously hang out on places like this forum because my knees are starting to buckle emotionally and mentally speaking. I wish they knew that I wasn't born to be in this world to solve the problems of people around me. I wish that my family knew how incredibly bad they messed me and my brothers up to be depending on me for anything. I wish that my family knew, or could even have a remote inkling of an understanding of how selfish they are, and how unwarranted their worthless pride is. I wish that people in my everyday life, like at work and in my social relationships knew that what they see is not what they get- and that me being a "leader" at work and in my social group is just a pure act that I trained myself to do just to keep it together.

Sarah, one of my good friends has MS and I've learned from him how tough and tiring it is. Sorry you're burdened with that problem; wish I could help. I do believe though that fighting it yields a more satisfying life of capabilities than staying put in a chair 24/7. May God give you strength.

I could fill a book with wishes upon peoples' understanding of current religious, cultural, and political issues, but I'll limit it to five points. Others may not agree, but they none the less should add an interesting addition to the thread.

I wish everyone understood that evolutionary theory - from the big bang model, to the origin of life, to the development of man from apes, is a world view that not only denies God as the creator, but is inconsistent with the strongest laws of science. I expect atheists to adopt this view, but anyone with an open, rational mind should reject the mathematical impossible concept that the ordered universe and complex life within it generated itself from chance processes. The evidence for design in everything overwhelmingly reflects the signature of our Creator.

I wish everyone recognized and appreciated America's Christian heritage that is now being rejected by a misconstrued notion of separation of church and state. People are free of course to want a secular nation as we're now becoming, but Christians at least should realize that it's not only a rejection of God and his blessings upon the nation, but a betrayal of the founding fathers. Their Christian values expressed through national proclamations, public speeches, writings, laws, national symbols, names of places, and government actions are undeniable. Rejecting that history is as wrong as tearing down monuments of our best, famous presidents because of misguided feelings or historical ignorance.

I wish everyone understood that culture is a reflection of religion. America's founding fathers recognized this, stating that the success of the Republic stood upon two pillars - religion and morality. It's no surprise then that America's depraved culture and moral decline has resulted with the rejection of God and traditional Christian values in the public schools, parks, government affairs, and social media. We used to teach kids that they were a valuable, special creation and accountable for their actions to God. We now teach them that they're animals with no meaning or purpose to life. The resulting negative behaviors and emotional problems have become prevalent within our society - evidenced by increasing teen suicides, school shootings, a general disrespect for people and property, and several dehumanizing trends.

I wish everyone understood that all religions are not alike and that all paths don't lead to God or a heaven of some sort. They have contradicting doctrines, so either one's right and the others are wrong - or they're all wrong. Know though, that just as there's scientific and philosophical evidence for a god, there's abundant scientific, historical, prophetic, archaeological, and textual criticism evidence that supports the Judeo-Christian Bible above all other faiths or scriptures. There's a valid reason why it's the most published, read, influential book in world history.

I wish everyone understood that this short and temporary life on earth is only the precursor of an eternal life to come - with a perfect new body and world to look forward to. The decisions we make now in this life though determine where and how that future will be spent. For good reasons, I believe that sooner or later we'll all bow down to Jesus. To some he'll hug and welcome home; to others he'll say "I don't know you." A rational person will recognize that accepting his love and grace now is far more attractive than facing his judgement later. The ironic thing about this is that submitting to God, rather than denying him, not only provides a sure path of peace, joy, guidance, and confidence for this life, but ensures a ticket to paradise for the next one. It's gonna be awesome, making all of our problems and deficiencies now pale in comparison. There's no need for skepticism, resentment, or jealousy - because everyone's invited.

Sarah, one of my good friends has MS and I've learned from him how tough and tiring it is. Sorry you're burdened with that problem; wish I could help. I do believe though that fighting it yields a more satisfying life of capabilities than staying put in a chair 24/7. May God give you strength.

I could fill a book with wishes upon peoples' understanding of current religious, cultural, and political issues, but I'll limit it to five points. Others may not agree, but they none the less should add an interesting addition to the thread.

I wish everyone understood that evolutionary theory - from the big bang model, to the origin of life, to the development of man from apes, is a world view that not only denies God as the creator, but is inconsistent with the strongest laws of science. I expect atheists to adopt this view, but anyone with an open, rational mind should reject the mathematical impossible concept that the ordered universe and complex life within it generated itself from chance processes. The evidence for design in everything overwhelmingly reflects the signature of our Creator.

I wish everyone recognized and appreciated America's Christian heritage that is now being rejected by a misconstrued notion of separation of church and state. People are free of course to want a secular nation as we're now becoming, but Christians at least should realize that it's not only a rejection of God and his blessings upon the nation, but a betrayal of the founding fathers. Their Christian values expressed through national proclamations, public speeches, writings, laws, national symbols, names of places, and government actions are undeniable. Rejecting that history is as wrong as tearing down monuments of our best, famous presidents because of misguided feelings or historical ignorance.

I wish everyone understood that culture is a reflection of religion. America's founding fathers recognized this, stating that the success of the Republic stood upon two pillars - religion and morality. It's no surprise then that America's depraved culture and moral decline has resulted with the rejection of God and traditional Christian values in the public schools, parks, government affairs, and social media. We used to teach kids that they were a valuable, special creation and accountable for their actions to God. We now teach them that they're animals with no meaning or purpose to life. The resulting negative behaviors and emotional problems have become prevalent within our society - evidenced by increasing teen suicides, school shootings, a general disrespect for people and property, and several dehumanizing trends.

I wish everyone understood that all religions are not alike and that all paths don't lead to God or a heaven of some sort. They have contradicting doctrines, so either one's right and the others are wrong - or they're all wrong. Know though, that just as there's scientific and philosophical evidence for a god, there's abundant scientific, historical, prophetic, archaeological, and textual criticism evidence that supports the Judeo-Christian Bible above all other faiths or scriptures. There's a valid reason why it's the most published, read, influential book in world history.

I wish everyone understood that this short and temporary life on earth is only the precursor of an eternal life to come - with a perfect new body and world to look forward to. The decisions we make now in this life though determine where and how that future will be spent. For good reasons, I believe that sooner or later we'll all bow down to Jesus. To some he'll hug and welcome home; to others he'll say "I don't know you." A rational person will recognize that accepting his love and grace now is far more attractive than facing his judgement later. The ironic thing about this is that submitting to God, rather than denying him, not only provides a sure path of peace, joy, guidance, and confidence for this life, but ensures a ticket to paradise for the next one. It's gonna be awesome, making all of our problems and deficiencies now pale in comparison. There's no need for skepticism, resentment, or jealousy - because everyone's invited.
If there is God, please help me not go off on this person and his Bible superiority arrogance. Amen!

I know what that's like. Taking sleeping tablets hoping not to wake up but always do.
It always surprises me that people post that they're grateful God woke them up. Doesn't even make sense, even the best life on earth would be better in heaven?
I've nearly always been able to easily go to sleep. It's like I get to die every night. I look forward to it. I slow my breathing way down and think about being dead. I pretend that I'm completely paralyzed. The next thing I know I'm asleep. When one thinks that are going to die they don't worry about anything else unless they actually fear death.

Thank you so much. MS is a very strange illness and sadly some people will be confined to sitting much of their time. I have great compassion for them and those that care for them. It's easy to look at others and imagine how we would behave in that situation but of course we then fall into a trap of judging and we never know until we're tested ourselves.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on spiritual life, very interesting and informative.

Latest posts

Back