I'am back and still lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pennywise

Reaction score
Hello everyone, i was on this form some years ago. Since some things happened.

First i was officially diagnosticed with asperger's syndrome, so it was great, helping me understand alot about myself and meeting people with same issues as me so finally making some friends.
However since the pandemic i lost mostly all of my friends. The fact that i turned full on paranoid didn't help either :p
Now i live in a little appartement in switzerland but hard to believe i'am already 32 i have very little experience in love relationship.. i know people way younger than me how are a lot more mature in every aspect of life and it depresse me. The only thing good is that i still look way younger than my real age like in my mid twenties but when people realise my age they find it strange that i'am still that immature....

I plan to start a little bodybuilding at home and taking back guitar or even singing classes. I want to get more confident especially with girls but it is hard when i dont have much friends in real life and being always alone. It is like loneliness brings loneliness....

Welcome back.

There's nothing like a good workout. Just recently returned to the gym after a long membership freeze. The owner was really nice to grant me that. Doing both gym and at home or outside wherever I can.

Shop around for the equipment. I remember when the gyms closed and I started buying weight plates online they were massively expensive. My guess is they still might be. I was only able to get a little bit for what I had. Cinderblocks, rocks, tires, and so forth are also great for working out with. Resistance bands are a plus and you can do a lot of exercises with those. I have a 5 piece set of them, yellow to green, with green being very heavy and can be used for doing assisted pull-ups.

What kind of guitar are you thinking of getting?

I recently got back into acoustic guitar. I used to play electric a very long time ago. I would like to get into finger picking techniques, something I always chickened out from doing, lol. I inherited a Cort acoustic from a friend that said I could borrow it. He sadly passed away. I am thinking of saving up and getting a nylon acoustic. Something like a Cordoba. There is a music shop pretty much right next door to me.

Last edited:

First i was officially diagnosticed with asperger's syndrome, so it was great, helping me understand alot about myself and meeting people with same issues as me so finally making some friends.
However since the pandemic i lost mostly all of my friends. The fact that i turned full on paranoid didn't help either :p
Now i live in a little appartement in switzerland but hard to believe i'am already 32 i have very little experience in love relationship.. i know people way younger than me how are a lot more mature in every aspect of life and it depresse me. The only thing good is that i still look way younger than my real age like in my mid twenties but when people realise my age they find it strange that i'am still that immature....

I plan to start a little bodybuilding at home and taking back guitar or even singing classes. I want to get more confident especially with girls but it is hard when i dont have much friends in real life and being always alone. It is like loneliness brings loneliness....
For what it's worth, I'm 41, and only learned I had autism when I was 39. And I'm an ugly fukin chud. Also never had a GF in my life.

So there's def people way worse off than you as well. Which is one argument that I try never to pose, but since you seem to be in the habit of comparing yourself to others, well, there ya go, a more fair/relative comparison that doesn't paint you as worse off.

Also, from my experience with autism, one of the paramount benefits of this, is that we have the potential to be much smarter than the average person. It just takes us more effort to process information, but once we do, we tend to have a broader understanding of it than Neuro typical folk.

With that said, for the sake of your own long term happiness, I'd recommend prioritizing your brain over your body. Cuz the type of women you'll attract purely because you boost your physical attractiveness, are not the type that you'd likely be happy with in the long term.

Or well, to put things plainly, so as not to confuse my point. Ya don't want to end up with some empty headed bimbo that couldn't conversate her way outta a wet paper bag. Cuz those are the types more likely to date a dude just cuz he's a muscle bound hunk, as opposed to looking for men that actually have intellectual merit. Not always, but the chances are up there.

It's like that phrase "dress the part". Ya want to tailor yourself to fit the type of women that you would want for a long term relationship.

So, also consider the places that you go to pick up women. If you want a drunk slut for a one nighter, then the bar is an obvious choice. Or tinder, clubs, any major event offering booze(most major events..). But if you want something meaningful then consider maybe a place like Starbucks, or a book store. Ok, wish I knew more places than that. Sadly not much of society is geared towards intelligence these days..

Just saying, work the brain muscle, don't ignore the body, just don't prioritize it just to make women happy if you want to be happy yourself.

As a lifter myself, I cannot reccomend weightlifting and bodybuilding more. It has done wonders for my self esteem. I mean I still have troubles with it but it's much much better than when before I started weightlifting seriously.

Good on you mate, I wish you the best of luck. Pm me if you ever need training or nutrition advice.

Remember, eat well, train well, rest well.

That is so true,I know the feeling,welcome back.

Latest posts

Back