If I was to meet you in real life a say....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Presence

Reaction score
(Or just any stranger)

..."hey wassup..." or "hi" "hi, how are you?"

How do you usually respond? How loud are you? How is your body lanuage/facial features? How would you feel?

I'd probably respond with a pretty awkward "Hello", because I'm not that used to speaking english and then I would probably think "what does this guy want from me?"

Depends on the situation ^^

Hey
Hey man

to the ladies...

hi
hello
wassup
how you doin? (usually with girls at checkouts at grocery stores... about the only girls I ever see... feel awkward and think I need to try to leave an opening for conversation to make the time waiting for my stuff to get rung trough the checkout seem less awkward).
Usually they seem to ask this question though... I respond 'okay' and then say 'yourself?'
Usually I use my deep smooth voice. I've been told a number of times by girls that got close to me that I have a sexy voice. But I try not to lay it on thick though... not unless I'm doing it as a joke.

Mostly with guys all you'll get from me is eye contact and a nod of the head unless I know you, or have a reason to approach and talk to you.

And girls I'm afraid, if you're not in a service industry and I have a reason to approach you, then you won't even get eye contact for the most part.

This depends on my attitude at the moment too... sometimes I feel more outgoing... sometimes not at all outgoing.

I'd be caught pretty off-guard, considering no one here randomly says hi to someone they don't already know. o_O

"Hi, I'm from the internet..."

Mostly with guys all you'll get from me is eye contact and a nod of the head unless I know you, or have a reason to approach and talk to you.

Its interesting how you always actually say "Hi" to women but with men you just nod. If I'm close to the person I would nod up, if its someone senior to me I would nod down.

I'm measuring them up... the guys I'm around if you seem weak maybe they'll try to put you down, treat you like their '*****', or fight you... putting up a strong front is important. Backing it up with actual action is more important though in the long run... you have to prove your worth or get sent home. With women that I'd say 'hi' to, that is only if there's a reason for me saying 'hi'. Just if they were introduced or something... if there's no reason, then they get no eye contact or greeting at all... just feels too awkward so I completely avoid it.

I'd prolly say like, "um... hi?" And be like... "have we met somewhere before?"
Unless there was that slight chance I recognized anyone from that "let's see the faces" forum... Then if you came up and said hi I'd be really friendly. If I didn't recognize you and you said you were from here I'd prolly think you were that troll come to rape me >_< lol. I'd run away.

sorry, when I said "you" i meant me, or guys in general. As for saying hi to strangers, thats definitely not appropriate here in the city...usually if someone does say hi, they want something.

Ekstra said:
sorry, when I said "you" i meant me, or guys in general. As for saying hi to strangers, thats definitely not appropriate here in the city...usually if someone does say hi, they want something.

Like my pants. or what's in them. that's the uncool part of being in a city... creeps like that. But I guess they're in the suburbs and the country too. Bleah, creepy people. Like the old guy who was watching my friend and I messing around at the park. We weren't exactly keeping it G rated, but this guy seriously say on a park bench and just watched us. Didn't even pretend he wasn't. Pedophile, he was like 65 at least. Needless to say we didn't hang around for long after that...

Ekstra said:

Hmm no troubles... I know some guys that will chat up a girl no matter what... I'm not that type at all... lol, probably wouldn't be on here if I was :D

I feel the same about people approaching me... especially attractive girls. If they approach me, which is extremely rare, it's because they want something.

I found cities much less personal than where I grew up... usually I'd say 'hi' back home to anyone because if they don't know me, they know some member of my family for sure... or I'll know some member of theirs lol... small villages are great for that reason.

Qui said:
Ekstra said:

Like my pants. or what's in them. that's the uncool part of being in a city... creeps like that. But I guess they're in the suburbs and the country too. Bleah, creepy people.

eh...I meant something more like Greenpeace hippies and shady gangsta's wanting to sell something, Jahova's witnesses or people trying to get you to donate to some obscure charity...but i guess thats a problem too.

And I feel you, I worked at a garage for some time...dirty old mechanics are the most perverted, sexual frustrated people on the planet... I felt harrased even as a guy. Strangely enough...theres a surprising ammount of dirty old women too...and since they're customers, I have to flirt because I don't want to offend them.

I don't know what my countenance is usually like when greeting a friendly one in person, but I feel enthusiastic about it and I'd guess the tone of my voice reflects that enthusiasm.

I would be in shock for a second or two (lol cos no one comes up to anyone randomly here to say hi), give a puzzled look and say hi back..then i smile (if the person isn't some real whacko) :)

If I didnt know it was you, or if it was just a random stranger, I would probably just murmur a quick "hi" and then look the other way, or at my feet. I wouldnt mean to be rude or anything, but I would just be confused as to why someone who doesnt know me would want to talk to me.

Presence said:
(Or just any stranger)

How do you usually respond? How loud are you? How is your body lanuage/facial features? How would you feel?

Presence said:
(Or just any stranger)

My standard response for "hi, how are you?" is usually a "I'm good, how are you?" while trying to make eye contact. I've been practicing making better eye contact with people in conversation. I've been bad about not doing that in the past. It's pretty sad that I have to "practice" but such is my strangeness.

Not much of a problem for me, because almost no one says "hi" to me. I never make eye contact (even when speaking to people) and I say "hi" back, but very weakly.

Red26 said:
If I didnt know it was you, or if it was just a random stranger, I would probably just murmur a quick "hi" and then look the other way, or at my feet. I wouldnt mean to be rude or anything, but I would just be confused as to why someone who doesnt know me would want to talk to me.
Maybe because they don't know anyone, so they are trying to find a friend in a world full of strangers. But strangers don't talk to other strangers. So how are we supposed to ever stop being strangers? :(

Ekstra said:
...dirty old mechanics are the most perverted, sexual frustrated people on the planet... I felt harrased even as a guy.

You've never worked off-shore or in the oilfields where guys are away from women for months at a time... I won't even mention some of the things they've said, or jokes they made... I agree with the feeling of harassment though... the conversations can get so crude that I feel offended and walk away to go find some work to do on my own.

Latest posts

Back