If I was to meet you in real life a say....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Presence said:
(Or just any stranger)

..."hey wassup..." or "hi" "hi, how are you?"

How do you usually respond? How loud are you? How is your body lanuage/facial features? How would you feel?
what i always say...
hi... how u doing
at
regular speaking voice volume
business smile. but not cold
feel?... doesnt apply. its just a hello LoL

id do as i always do smile make a quick eye contact,,,and say i am fine and you,,,then continue walking:eek:

I hope you would not walk past me mimi ;)

I would say, Hi A are A up. are even How you doing. Are even A up m8

depending what kinder person am saying hallo to

I either nod, smile, or say "hi" or "hey" or "good morning/afternoon" to most of the people I pass. I get scattered responses. Some people don't say anything and that has to be the most irritating. Many people just look and nod, some smile, and occasionally I'm rewarded with a hearty "Hey how are you and a genuine smile" That is of course my favorite. I've thought that I need to stop greeting everyone, but I feel so closed off and encapsulated when I walk by someone without at least looking at them and nodding. Also I think attractive girls think I'm trying to hit on them when I say hi to them, which is also irritating.

It's odd how closed off people are. I remember a story one of my older buddy's told me about when he was a kid. He said he and his friend walked by an old couple, his friend said "good evening" to the couple but my friend didn't say anything. Before he knew what happened he got thumped on the head with the old man's cane and the old man said "Where are you manners?" and he said "GOOD EVENING SIR" The old man smiled and nodded and said "Good evening to you too" and went on his way. It's so odd because that was probably sometime in the late 80's that that happened. These days I think you have a better chance of getting thumped on the head for trying to be polite and say hi.

Nikkwins said:
Also I think attractive girls think I'm trying to hit on them when I say hi to them, which is also irritating.

Yeah they really need to be put in their place. Just cause they were born w/ good looks does not give them a free pass to anything, including being selfish and stuck up. What if they were born ugly? Then what would they be doing?

Presence said:
(Or just any stranger)

..."hey wassup..." or "hi" "hi, how are you?"

How do you usually respond? How loud are you? How is your body lanuage/facial features? How would you feel?

I'd say 'Hello'...and smile. I mean..why wouldn't you?

lonelyloser said:
Nikkwins said:
Also I think attractive girls think I'm trying to hit on them when I say hi to them, which is also irritating.

Yeah they really need to be put in their place. Just cause they were born w/ good looks does not give them a free pass to anything, including being selfish and stuck up. What if they were born ugly? Then what would they be doing?

Unfortunately people can skate pretty far through life on just looks alone. And a lot of people do. But when the looks go so does their ticket for the gravy train.

That actually reminds me of a news report I saw. A little bit of a tangent but along the same lines. This guy sued his wife because she had cosmetic surgery before they met and never told him. Then their child was born with the wife's original features and the husband divorced and sued her!! How screwed up is that and heartless do you have to be??

i know,,what you mean about people thinking that you hit on them,,,,or even people that think you hit on everyone because you smile at them and are a happy person,,,,,,my ex,,,we have been separated now since 2004 and he still goes crazy when men talk to me,,last week my neighbor asked me if he could use my phone,,,well my ex who is the father of my daughter,,came by at that moment to give me some meds for my daughter cause she had chicken pox,,,,well he started yelling,,,saying that i was hitting on anything that walks:eek:,,the guy and me both where so embarrassed ****,,,now when he needs to phone believe me he don't come here:(,,,,not that i mind that he goes els were to phone its just that i feel soo cheap,,,i didn't even think of hitting on the guy,,,he is 10 years younger then me for cristsakes,,,anyway i am already in love with someone else,,,

That is well screwed up man. What is even moor screwed up I think is that he was actually allowed to have shed her.

Nikkwins said:
That actually reminds me of a news report I saw. A little bit of a tangent but along the same lines. This guy sued his wife because she had cosmetic surgery before they met and never told him. Then their child was born with the wife's original features and the husband divorced and sued her!! How screwed up is that and heartless do you have to be??

Oh and on another note I to think its irritating when you say HI to a girl that just happens to be good looking and she automatically thinks your hitting in her. I mean WTF get of your high horse me duck.

My voice is always hoarse when I'm quiet (which is almost all the time) so I would have to clear my throat first. I don't usually respond quickly since I would be sucked in my own world at the time. I would say "Heloo". Have been told I always have a 'fresia-off' expression plastered on my face, but that's just how my face is in 'neutral' position. It actually depends on the person, if I like you I would smile because your presence is comforting. If I don't like you, or don't know you then I won't smile and sometimes I won't even respond; obviously because your presence is making me feel trapped and invaded. But then again its all about my mood at the time..which is constantly changing, so its hard to determine really.
Great question though, you got me thinking :)

Hi WFK,

A 'fresia-off' expression? I like that, can I steal that off you? I'll give you full credit of course

:) <--- (Thats my please dont f**k-off expression, lol)

Most people get defensive and feel threatened of my first impression. But whatever I say 85% of the time they mimic what I say and my gestures

I notice when I approach girls these days they are really nervous, it's so adorable.

JustLost said:
My standard response for "hi, how are you?" is usually a "I'm good, how are you?" while trying to make eye contact. I've been practicing making better eye contact with people in conversation. I've been bad about not doing that in the past. It's pretty sad that I have to "practice" but such is my strangeness.

A tip for keeping eye contact is this; Don't analyze the person, don't try to find out what they are thinking. all you need to do is pay attention to their pupils, just focus on that.

It takes practise but it works, alot of things come it place here, you can tell how much a person likes you just by their pupils, the sweet spot is when they are dilated.

lonelyloser said:

I like the way you phrased that. But you probably shouldn't pay them any attention

Arianna said:

With most people yeah, ........but with you, ....I'd probably er.....forget it:shy:

WeirdFatKid said:
My voice is always hoarse when I'm quiet (which is almost all the time) so I would have to clear my throat first. I don't usually respond quickly since I would be sucked in my own world at the time. I would say "Heloo". Have been told I always have a 'fresia-off' expression plastered on my face, but that's just how my face is in 'neutral' position. It actually depends on the person, if I like you I would smile because your presence is comforting. If I don't like you, or don't know you then I won't smile and sometimes I won't even respond; obviously because your presence is making me feel trapped and invaded. But then again its all about my mood at the time..which is constantly changing, so its hard to determine really.
Great question though, you got me thinking :)

ROFL.

Thinking is no good for social situations, the less you think the better, especially if you have social problems, well it's the cause of it in alot of cases.

Arianna said:

With most people yeah, ........but with you, ....I'd probably er.....forget it:shy:

OK..I know what you said...but not what you meant. Why wouldn't you say hello back?

I would say 'hey mate...' amd wait to find out what u want if u were selling something i would just walk away if i found out u were from here then i would definatley stay for a convo

Presence said:
Arianna said:
Why wouldn't you say hello back?

Why would I say hello back?

Well..you said previously that with "most people" you would say hello to..but.. about me you said differently..

And I found that curious..

But hey...if you didn't feel compelled to say hello back..that's certainly you're prerogative..just forget I asked.

Arianna said:
Well..you said previously that with "most people" you would say hello to..but.. about me you said differently..

And I found that curious..

But hey...if you didn't feel compelled to say hello back..that's certainly you're prerogative..just forget I asked.

I think he means he'd wouldn't just say hello to you Arianna. He thinks you're cute.

Latest posts

Back