If I was to meet you in real life a say....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
diamond-dancer said:
Arianna said:
Well..you said previously that with "most people" you would say hello to..but.. about me you said differently..

And I found that curious..

But hey...if you didn't feel compelled to say hello back..that's certainly you're prerogative..just forget I asked.

I think he means he'd wouldn't just say hello to you Arianna. He thinks you're cute.

That's kind of you to say DD..but his reply didn't seem indicative as such. But that's OK..really..I am fairly practical minded.

I think if you said "hi" to me or "what's up", I would first look over my shoulder to see if you were talking to someone behind me, it's happened before, not pretty, then after I was sure you were talking to me I would say something like, "Not much" or I would say "What's goin on man", acting like I knew you, because I would want to be absolutely sure your not someone I used to know and forgot, also happened before, also not pretty:p. Then after I was absolutely sure I never met you before I would walk away after a long period of awkward silence, unless you struck up an interesting conversation, then I might stay a little longer till I got bored, or noticed things were going down the crapper and I would promptly bail, at the first excuse I could think of. Your right thinking is the enemy in social situations!

I'd look at you, check you were talking to me, say "hey" and give a slight shy smile before looking at the floor and walking away before an awkward conversation has the chance to begin

If you didn't call out my name, I would first make sure you're talking to me, then I'd say hi in return.

Then we'd probably sit there in awkward silence for a good 10 or so seconds unless you asked me any follow up questions like 'how are you' or 'what's up', to which I usually respond 'good' and 'not much'. Then more awkward silence. and then a bit more until one of us breaks and leaves abruptly. usually it's whoever got there first who stays, unless this happens in passing in which I'm always the one to get the hell out of there.

all this while I'm probably not looking at your face.

Latest posts

Back