If Someone You Loved Was Terminally Ill And Asked You To Help Them Commit Suicide, Would You Do It?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it depends on their condition and their situation. If someone is in Hospice care and in intense pain there are VERY potent drops and patches available to them. You have to be VERY careful when allowing them to use them because it's riding the edge of reducing pain / stopping their heart from pumping. Just ask Micheal Jackson's doctor. So, if they really want to go, one could just leave the supplies on the table for them to use at their will. But, if they needed to have more help then that then nope.

There are many very quick, easy, painless ways to die. I wanted to know about them for myself. But, I won't describe them here. If a loved one wasn't on Hospice care then I would show them what they needed to do. I might make it easy for them to do it. But, I wouldn't acutally do it for them.

In the last agonizing year of my mother's life I offered to put her out of this life (and then myself cos I didn't think I could take that sole caregiving thing anymore). But she declined. Nature took its course and she's gone and I'm still here.......but it was a difficult time there for awhile.

In the last agonizing year of my mother's life I offered to put her out of this life (and then myself cos I didn't think I could take that sole caregiving thing anymore). But she declined. Nature took its course and she's gone and I'm still here.......but it was a difficult time there for awhile.
I'm sorry to hear that.

Yes, I would be able to do it. I believe in euthanasia. My most enormous superpower is I can dissociate.

I can dissociate as well. But, I fear the repercussions of the law. It would really suck to help someone out and then end up in prison for doing it.
Honestly I just couldnt, I miss my dad so much, i’d rather him be on a machine or something than this, death is too final… even in some futeristic cryo sleep until we found a cure… at least till he met his grandkids ❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹 but deep down I know thats selfish so I respect those that can.

My parents looked after me half my life, if they decide they need out of this place and they're too ill to do it, then yes, I am going to put aside my own feelings and help them - legal repercussions or not.

Honestly I just couldnt, I miss my dad so much, i’d rather him be on a machine or something than this, death is too final… even in some futeristic cryo sleep until we found a cure… at least till he met his grandkids ❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹 but deep down I know thats selfish so I respect those that can.
What did your father die from?

Bloody stupid Covid 🥺
I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my father last year to cancer. It hurts. I know. The world should be taking COVID much more seriously. If the effects of it were more severe, like necrosis and huge blisters, then we all would be doing anything we could to avoid catching it.

I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my father last year to cancer. It hurts. I know. The world should be taking COVID much more seriously. If the effects of it were more severe, like necrosis and huge blisters, then we all would be doing anything we could to avoid catching it.
Thank you, and im sorry for yours cancer is an awful death I’d like to hope my dad was asleep and peaceful when he passed.

I couldn't. I didn't, my Dad asked me about 2 weeks before he died. He immediately regretted asking me, and putting it on me. I would never ask a loved one do it either, it's cruel. What I did do was work even harder to make his last days even more comfortable and tried my damned best to show how loved he was.

Latest posts

Back