If you could...?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladyforsaken

Reaction score
I asked this question in the "Ask a question for the next person!" thread and it was re-asked by a couple of our lovely members till Aisha suggested the topic to be started in a new thread. So here it is.

If you could live a day in the shoes of another person, who would it be? (And why?)

I would like to live in the shoes of someone like Kim Kardashian or Kanye West. The reason I say that is not because I am especially interested in them or what they do with their lives but to get a better understanding. Those two seem to get some much negative press and I would like to know why, it may change my opinion of them over all.

If you could travel to any part of the world where would it be and why?

Pondering this. What do I want more? A) To know what it's like to not have disabilities, B) To live without mental illness or C) Satisfy some curiosity about an aspect of humanity.

Not sure.

Thanks for starting this Ladyforsaken. After reading the question on the other thread I have thought about it a few times (yes even in the night which tells you how much it got me thinking, lol). Struggled with it a lot and have been thinking about figures back through history who have made an impact. I started out wanting to be someone good who made a difference to the world but then, as it's only for one day, decided it might be more interesting to walk in the shoes of someone on the other end of the scale to try and understand how someone could be cruel/wicked and what motivated them so in the end the decision was made when I saw a trailer for a programme about the kkk (refuse to give it capitals) and chose their leader.
Gosh for someone who never says a lot this is turning into a very long post lol. I'm squirming a bit now thinking about the prople i'd have to associate with so maybe not........Once a coward, always a coward haha.
Going to have to think about this some more.............

For 24 hrs. only?
Not sure who exactly.
But it'd have to be someone who enjoys life very much.
Someone who has a better outlook on life too, especially compared to mine.
If I could live a day in another person's life, well what would I do with that day?
What could I do in 24 hrs?

It'd probably be some surfer dude. Surfing looks fun and I think I could do that all day.

I would like to see what it was like to be my husband for a day.. maybe some understanding would help me sort out this mess in my head.

I'm not sure who I'd be, specifically. I guess I'd want to be someone very talented. I'd want to be someone very creative and confident, like a famous writer or a rock star. I'd want to be them so I can understand what makes a person that sure of themselves and how I can learn to feel that way. I'd also want to see how they get their ideas, to better understand the creative process from a person that is known to be successful. I want to know what it's like to be a great mind, to just know you are able without a shred of doubt.

I'd also want to know what it's like to be absolutely confident in the financial world. I wonder what it must be like to be a person who just KNOWS how to make money and doesn't worry about how to fit in, about how to find their place in the world and succeed.

Lastly, I'd also want to know what it's like to be very intelligent, to be able to find solutions to problems and cut through brain fog with ease. I'd like to be able to have faith in myself that I know what I'm doing.

Well, if for a limited time, like 24 hours or maybe even less, I'd choose to be a person who is the complete opposite of me in every aspect, to understand what goes through their head.

HoodedMonk said:
Pondering this. What do I want more? A) To know what it's like to not have disabilities, B) To live without mental illness or C) Satisfy some curiosity about an aspect of humanity.

Not sure.

Hooded Monk, I wouldn't know that you have mental illness, except maybe for being really smart, that nowadays is not appreciated as it should be

My first reaction was to say Kurt Cobain because I think the world losr a beautiful soul when he died and I would love to be able to sit down and talk with him even if for an hour.

But I know deep down I would probably go with my father, so I could see if there was anything I could have done to ease the guilt of my brother dying and making them hate me so.

JHK said:
But I know deep down I would probably go with my father, so I could see if there was anything I could have done to ease the guilt of my brother dying and making them hate me so.

:(

ladyforsaken said:
JHK said:

I know. It's sad. And pathetic. Because I don't delusion myself for one second that in the years since I have saw them they stop for one second to think about me and I can't ******* get over them. That whole life is a ***** thing....

I'm glad to see you back. I hope you are well. I was worried for awhile when you were gone.

I think it depends if I get to have the person abilities for a day as well. If so, I would chose someone very smart/talented like a brilliant scientist or artist if not someone very rich and famous to see how it feels like.

JHK said:
ladyforsaken said:
JHK said:

I know. It's sad. And pathetic. Because I don't delusion myself for one second that in the years since I have saw them they stop for one second to think about me and I can't ******* get over them. That whole life is a ***** thing....

I'm glad to see you back. I hope you are well. I was worried for awhile when you were gone.

It's not pathetic. It's sad to hear how you end up suffering because of their suffering too.

Sometimes, letting go of the past... can really be one of the best things you could do, for your own sake. I know it's not easy to let things go, but do you really wanna live the rest of your life feeling like this?

Thank you, I'm glad to be back. All we can do when we got honeysuckle to deal with, is to try to keep moving forward anyway and find ways to work around the honeysuckle or leave it behind. Glad to see you around again too. Hope you're holding up all right.

On topic:
I really don't know who I'd want to be for a day now. My rabbit, maybe? So I'll know what he really thinks and wants.

Im sorry JHK :(

Id want to be someone less fortunate than I for day so that when I am back to being me, I'd be grateful for what I have.

Latest posts

Back