If you had a choice between these options.....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hereward87

Reaction score
If you had a choice between these four options and you can only pick one, which one would you pick?
1. being really intelligent
2. being really wealthy
3. being really successful romantically
4. being incredibly athletic and strong and super-able physically

Number 3.
Than you can have Number 2 as a result)

I'd like to be intelligent as well, but who knows, what if it only brings New questions. So, no, I wouldn't choose 1, it's dangerous.

That's a tough one.

It's tempting to say intelligence, on the condition that I would have enough intelligence that would allow me to figure out how to get the rest.

Wealth would be nice though. It would be such a huge relief to not have to worry about money or work ever again. I'd definitely be happier, and I'd be able to take care of my health better (perhaps even getting #4, or at least good enough), and I'd be able to prioritize myself and my own interests more. I could learn about what I wanted to learn about, and just pay other people to do all the practical stuff that I'm not truly interested in. I'd be able to have more of a life, do fun stuff, invest in my interests, and be more confident in myself so it might help me be complete enough of a person for #2 as well.

Successful romantically is also tempting. I do want to be successful romantically, but I don't want to be a player. I only need to be successful in romance once (albeit very successful) - and I'd like to be successful as soon as possible, because I'm tired of wasting my life in this singledom and I don't want to waste any more.

Or, if I could introduce a 5th option - being really imaginative/artistically creative. Being an interesting person. Being able to come up with good ideas that could stand next to the greats, like rock stars or big-name authors. I think that's the one I'd want!

Last edited:
I would introduce a 6th option, my weakness, be a master at communications and social interactions. I've missed out on great jobs, women, friends, bascially a life because I couldn't handle the pressures of social interactions.

None of the above at least not today. Couple weeks ago I may have chosen 4 only because I hate having to ask for assistance in moving heavy things. I don't care about intelligence and a romantic relationship brings another person along with all their honeysuckle and I have no desire to add more honeysuckle in the mix so maybe wealth but I only want it if its like a grossly insane amount. Dang! I guess I just talked myself into choice 2.

None of the above at least not today. Couple weeks ago I may have chosen 4 only because I hate having to ask for assistance in moving heavy things. I don't care about intelligence and a romantic relationship brings another person along with all their **** and I have no desire to add more **** in the mix so maybe wealth but I only want it if its like a grossly insane amount. Dang! I guess I just talked myself into choice 2.
I actually typed s h i t in both those spots but I guess s h i t is unacceptable. Good thing I didn't share what I would do with the insane amount of money.

If you had a choice between these four options and you can only pick one, which one would you pick?
2. being really wealthy

4 all the way.
Because with 4, 3 will 100% be there as well, and also, if not a complete idiot, 2.
Handsome college athletes who at least can speak well (but may not be the brightest bulb) usually do very well in many fields.

I'd go with number 1, but with the caveat that I keep to keep it in old age. One of my biggest fears is developing alzheimers or dementia.

Being wealthy. I could weasel my way to buy the other three. Though I'd likely become a prig.

Nothing guarantees happiness....You can have everything and still be unhappy.
Poor people seem to be the happiest people I see.
They're always having parties & cookouts in the big park near where I live.
With loads of friends & kids & dogs & stuff.
Not saying being poor guarantees happiness either, but it does seem to me that the less you have to worry/care about, the more you enjoy life.

2. being really wealthy
Being intelligent.

Latest posts

Back