I'm a 31 year old guy, frustrated with being judged for only wanting to date younger women.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The prettiest ones always seem to be the 'exotic' types (Brazilian...).

If you ever match with a Brazilian girl on Tinder, say this pickup line to her: "e aí, gata? você já viu o Empire State Building de perto? porque eu também tenho uma torre grande e eu acho que você ia gostar de ver ela". Tell her you speak no Portuguese and ask her what it means. Say a Brazilian friend of yours told you this pickup line. Garanteed to make her laugh.

Errrrm....not quite...

FYI, just because these guys can do it, is it really a good idea to have a kid that will most like lose his father before 10?
Not really fair to the kid, IMO.
My sentiments exactly.
I had my kids young. Benefit of that is, I'm still in good shape, so we can share activities together.
My best friend, when he was 18, his dad was 65. Playing football or really any kind of common activities were sort of out of the question, what with the lack oh shared interest. I certainly didn't want that for my kids.
While I'm not closed off to the possibility of more kids, say adoption or the like, I don't think it'd be fair to have a baby now at 44.

My sentiments exactly.
I had my kids young. Benefit of that is, I'm still in good shape, so we can share activities together.
My best friend, when he was 18, his dad was 65. Playing football or really any kind of common activities were sort of out of the question, what with the lack oh shared interest. I certainly didn't want that for my kids.
While I'm not closed off to the possibility of more kids, say adoption or the like, I don't think it'd be fair to have a baby now at 44.
people are staying physically active into their 60s and even 70s. And by 18...well, he's kind of past the stage of throwing a ball around with dad in the back yard.

Last edited:
people are staying physically active into their 60s and even 70s. And by 18...well, he's kind of past of stage throwing a ball around with dad in the back yard.
You get the point.
It's like older men and younger women, or vice versa. Different priorities, tastes, goals and stages of life, in general. His dad always stayed home. They weren't going out to have a beer together. I can do that with my girls now. Well one of them. Soon the other.
Of course, there are exceptions. But not that often.

FYI, just because these guys can do it, is it really a good idea to have a kid that will most like lose his father before 10?
Not really fair to the kid, IMO.
I agree, I'm just saying for those rich celebrity types they can do it easier because they have plenty of money as well, which makes it easier to give the child stuff that many won't get. People shouldn't be having kid over 40 in my opinion.

You get the point.
It's like older men and younger women, or vice versa. Different priorities, tastes, goals and stages of life, in general. His dad always stayed home. They weren't going out to have a beer together. I can do that with my girls now. Well one of them. Soon the other.
Of course, there are exceptions. But not that often.
Easy when you already have them...a man who never had the chance at a younger age isn't going to like being told that it's "selfish."

Bar hopping with my daughter would feel weird for some reason.

Last edited:
Bar hopping with my daughter would feel weird for some reason.
Hopping is a big word. We go out for a drink together once in a while and play pool. If it were a son, I doubt it would seem weird, which is just typical.
To each his own.

Last edited:
If you ever match with a Brazilian girl on Tinder, say this pickup line to her: "e aí, gata? você já viu o Empire State Building de perto? porque eu também tenho uma torre grande e eu acho que você ia gostar de ver ela". Tell her you speak no Portuguese and ask her what it means. Say a Brazilian friend of yours told you this pickup line. Garanteed to make her laugh.
So I have to pretend not to speak any Portuguese?
That's a bit hard for me.
I once had a date with a Brazilian woman, we spoke Portuguese from the beginning to the end.
Do pick-up lines still work?

I agree, I'm just saying for those rich celebrity types they can do it easier because they have plenty of money as well, which makes it easier to give the child stuff that many won't get. People shouldn't be having kid over 40 in my opinion.
My parents were older.
My father was 41 when I was born and he was very disengaged.
I remember when I was in 3rd grade and my mother drove me to football (ours, not yours) tryouts and when I got there, all the other boys were with their fathers. Mine was doing what he did every Saturday. Out of the house by 6 AM playing golf with his friends.
He had been an amateur boxer when younger as well, but never took me to the gym.
Out of college he was a mechanical engineer in the Navy and worked in the engine room on a aircraft carrier but never showed me how to fix things.
He was too old to want to get involved with raising me. Just wanted to pay the bills and be free to do his own thing.
I would have been MUCH better off had they sent me to military school.

Oddly enough when was older he often seemed perplexed that I did not spend more time with him...

Last edited:
My parents were older.
I remember when I was in 3rd grade and my mother drove me to football (ours, not yours) tryouts and when I got their, all the other boys were with their fathers. Mine was doing what he did every Saturday. Out of the house by 6 AM playing golf with his friends.
He had been an amateur boxer when younger as well, but never took me to the gym.
Out of college he was a mechanical engineer in the Navy and worked in the engine room on a aircraft carrier but never showed me how to fix things.
He was too old to want to get involved with raising me. Just wanted to pay the bills and be free to do his own thing.

Oddly enough when was older he often seemed perplexed that I did not spend more time with him...
I'm not even going to get into it about my father, and he was only 23 when I came along.

I'm not even going to get into it about my father, and he was only 23 when I came along.
Understood.

I was being 100% truthful about the Military School though.
IMO, if a man is not willing to put in the effort to train his son, then he should/must outsource it to others.
It's not right to let a kid just scramble around, like a rabbit being chased by coyotes.

My parents were older.
I remember when I was in 3rd grade and my mother drove me to football (ours, not yours) tryouts and when I got there, all the other boys were with their fathers. Mine was doing what he did every Saturday. Out of the house by 6 AM playing golf with his friends.

My dad was similar in some ways (played golf on weekends) and a lot worse in others. He would have been 26 when I was born.

Evolution has destined men to be pre-disposed to be attracted to younger women. Why? Because animals (and plants) want to leave as many copies of their genes as possible and younger women tend to be more fertile and healthier than older women. Many studies have shown that men prefer women who are younger than themselves, while women prefer men who are older. These are averages, of course, so there are many exceptions to this. I fell in love with a woman twelve years younger than me and have been happily married for 34 years.

So I have to pretend not to speak any Portuguese?
That's a bit hard for me.
I once had a date with a Brazilian woman, we spoke Portuguese from the beginning to the end.
Do pick-up lines still work?

I didn't know you speak Portuguese. Anyway, I invented that pickup line myself, so you won't find it anywhere else. It's my best pickup line, never failed to amuse a girl. I guess they serve to show off your sexuality, but naturally it's only effective in this way if the girl is attracted to you from the get-go.

I didn't know you speak Portuguese. Anyway, I invented that pickup line myself, so you won't find it anywhere else. It's my best pickup line, never failed to amuse a girl. I guess they serve to show off your sexuality, but naturally it's only effective in this way if the girl is attracted to you from the get-go.
I speak several languages (6), the sotaque I learned is the European version, though we also learned a bit about the Brazilian variant.
Not sure it would work on Portuguese girls too, Brazilian girls are more open to sexual innuendo, I think.

Latest posts

Back