I'm a 31 year old guy, frustrated with being judged for only wanting to date younger women.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You forgot to mention they'll call you a pedophile and god forbid if you like younger and Asian, as in korean/japanese. If you're young (under 30) then you must be a nerd in their view, no other way and also a racist since they are "all the same", I guess liking someone for the language they speak is outta the question. But if you get older 30+ (my case) then you're a pedo and like I said, if it's the slanted-version you're now: Trump voter, pedo into young boys who will get any Chinese/Singaporen/Japanese since they look whiter than nigerians.

Just sayin' what some fraction of said older women and their white knight male friends will think about you :).

You forgot to mention they'll call you a pedophile and god forbid if you like younger and Asian, as in korean/japanese. If you're young (under 30) then you must be a nerd in their view, no other way and also a racist since they are "all the same", I guess liking someone for the language they speak is outta the question. But if you get older 30+ (my case) then you're a pedo and like I said, if it's the slanted-version you're now: Trump voter, pedo into young boys who will get any Chinese/Singaporen/Japanese since they look whiter than nigerians.

Just sayin' what some fraction of said older women and their white knight male friends will think about you :).
Already had the "pedophile" one. I love the "their brains aren't developed!" line. Apparently the same people don't see anything wrong with her being able to go to war and die, drive a car, vote, have kids etc, etc but that undeveloped brain means she can't have a relationship with someone older than her. Seems legit.

So being attracted to the girls in Blackpink as opposed to, I dunno...Adele, Lizzo or Madonna makes a man an evil Alt-right Nazi pedo? I’m assuming this also applies to cougars who hit on guys in their 20s right? Wait, you’re saying it doesn’t?

Seriously I don’t think anyone takes such accusations seriously as it’s obviously from bitter and insecure people paranoid about their own loss of social/sexual power.

So being attracted to the girls in Blackpink as opposed to, I dunno...Adele, Lizzo or Madonna makes a man an evil Alt-right Nazi pedo? I’m assuming this also applies to cougars who hit on guys in their 20s right? Wait, you’re saying it doesn’t?

Seriously I don’t think anyone takes such accusations seriously as it’s obviously from bitter and insecure people paranoid about their own loss of social/sexual power.
I told you people think like this …😒 like I said i’ll just stay farrr away 😅 admire from afarrrrr 🤣

@DeadDreamsWhispering I believe as long as it is two consenting adults there is nothing wrong with it no matter what the age difference, my mother was 21 when she married my 44 year old father, and of course that did not work out, would anyone expect it to, but they did have three children together and stayed kind of friends (sort of) until he died.

I'm 58 and I doubt anyone in their 20's would be interested in dating me, and I'm definitely not looking for that, they would have to be quite unfortunate or maybe if I was paying them they would do it. That is sad to me when you see a guy in his late 40's or 50's dating a twenty something and liquidating his assets at the same time to keep the relationship going forward, you know it's going to end in a disaster where she's starts dating some young 21 year old stud and the two of them are having a great time spending all the money she got from you.

To me it's all relative to mindset, age doesn't really matter. There are people in their 20's who think like they are in their 40's and vice versa, my advice is ignore what anybody says about you, do you what makes you happy, but always watch out for you wish for.

well. Wrinkles are often somewhat menly. It is rare when looking for wrinkles in men. Girls get puberty sooner however so at a young age when they are not allowed to have relationships of serious sort, they are more tormented by it who doesn't get it. Fat on women is sometimes attractive, little more so then wrinkles.
I think i could go on. The choice of a younger person is the choice of having a relationship longer without Her having wrinkles on. Some women dont have wrinkles of serious sort going on for longer. There is also such a thing as younger ladies maybe also more free and looking for the right partner. worldwide at least there is some more men 1 or 2 percent more now i am not sure (check cia-s world fact book). so this is a valid reason as well i think.
I dont think there is much problem with practicality, although relationships are often like war.. a competition. Because of the preference settups of the majority of humans and their temperament.

Age doesn't matter. It's what others think that is bothering you.

Is giving in to those nosy buttinskie's sensibilities more important than what SHE might want? Maybe she needs a mature man. Maybe she see's beyond age and likes your soul. Maybe she sees something that others miss.

Few relationships last life long. Does age difference even come into play on that?

I don't get the age taboo. Attraction is attraction and nobody chooses their preferences. If a young woman has a thing for an older man, or a young man for an older woman, who has the right to say they can't have what they want?

People think it is better for a young girl to love some immature guy that has little or no direction as opposed to a man with security and life lessons? Where is she going to grow more than with someone that has already done the stupid stuff and has gotten beyond it?

Parents seldom give their children the tools to be adults. There is an advantage to having the love of an older someone that can guide them through that awkward leaning.

Age is no ones business.

If you want to date younger women, then date younger women. As long as it's legal and reciprocal, who cares? I'm struggling to see the point of this post, to be honest. Are you looking for reassurance, advice, opinions? Just do what makes you happy as long as it's not hurting anyone else.

If you want to date younger women, then date younger women. As long as it's legal and reciprocal, who cares? I'm struggling to see the point of this post, to be honest. Are you looking for reassurance, advice, opinions? Just do what makes you happy as long as it's not hurting anyone else.
These days it is seen as predatory or even low key pedophilia for men approaching or over 30 to be interested in women under 25.

Seems like the this is going to become more common as more men reach their 30th without so much as a date, still thinking and acting like they're in their early 20s, without the psychological changes that come with experience. OP is probably also lamenting his lost youth.

Last edited:
These days it is seen as predatory or even low key pedophilia for men approaching or over 30 to be interested in women under 25.

Seems like the this is going to become more common as more men reach their 30th without so much as a date, still thinking and acting like they're in their early 20s, without the psychological changes that come with experience. OP is probably also lamenting his lost youth.

Whether or not society sees it that way is besides the point, as long as the relationships are consensual and legal. It wouldn't personally interest me though. I'd probably have less than zero in common with anyone under the age of 25. Hell, I've barely anything in common with most people within my own age group, nevermind any younger.

I'm going to highlight the word "only" in the thread title. At second observance, if this is a true expression of your desire then I will condemn it.

If you reject potential dates because they aren't "younger" then I don't think you are looking for a relationship. I'd guess you are appeasing your libido.

It should surprise no one that a man is attracted to young women. We were trained as young boys to appreciate the girls of that age. That appreciation is never forgotten. We grow beyond it. We never grow out of it.

Attraction isn't about relationships or even sex. It's natures way to assure propagation. Throughout evolution older women were less likely to successfully give birth than was a younger woman or young girl. For that reason alone a man is inherently interested in youth.

I maintain the reason for this thread (as forgottendanfan points out) you are seeking permission, I might add, to think with your penis.

Attraction can be about character. A woman your age or older is as likely to click with you as anyone younger, maybe more so. Ask yourself why women of 30 years don't inspire your affection. A mature woman is going to give you more opportunity for a relationship.

I'll ask, what is it you are truly seeking? Sex? Or a lasting relationship? Not that a young woman can't provide a lasting relationship. But as long as you use age as a dating criteria you are much less likely to find one.

Note: This might sound in contrast to my earlier post, but I had assumed at my first reading that there was a young girl interested in the OP. That opined with respect to a girl that had feelings for an older man. No one has the right to tell her to get a grip.

Age doesn't matter, unless it does. Meaning, if it is an "ONLY" standard then it does matter. In that case it is predatory.

Last edited:
I'm going to highlight the word "only" in the thread title. At second observance, if this is a true expression of your desire then I will condemn it.

If you reject potential dates because they aren't "younger" then I don't think you are looking for a relationship. I'd guess you are appeasing your libido.

It should surprise no one that a man is attracted to young women. We were trained as young boys to appreciate the girls of that age. That appreciation is never forgotten. We grow beyond it. We never grow out of it.

Attraction isn't about relationships or even sex. It's natures way to assure propagation. Throughout evolution older women were less likely to successfully give birth than was a younger woman or young girl. For that reason alone a man is inherently interested in youth.

I maintain the reason for this thread (as forgottendanfan points out) you are seeking permission, I might add, to think with your penis.

Attraction can be about character. A woman your age or older is as likely to click with you as anyone younger, maybe more so. Ask yourself why women of 30 years don't inspire your affection. A mature woman is going to give you more opportunity for a relationship.

I'll ask, what is it you are truly seeking? Sex? Or a lasting relationship? Not that a young woman can't provide a lasting relationship. But as long as you use age as a dating criteria you are much less likely to find one.

Note: This might sound in contrast to my earlier post, but I had assumed at my first reading that there was a young girl interested in the OP. That opined with respect to a girl that had feelings for an older man. No one has the right to tell her to get a grip.

Age doesn't matter, unless it does. Meaning, if it is an "ONLY" standard then it does matter. In that case it is predatory.

Then you'd be leaping to conclusions and reaching an incomplete judgement. For starters, for religious reasons I'll be expected to marry and have children. A woman my age is going to have a harder and harder time doing that. I'm always going to have the feeling of missing out if I go with a woman my age and I'm not going to let them stop me from fixing that.

Secondly, I don't believe that most women my age who would be interested in me now would have given me a chance when we were both 21 meaning that objectively, they would be getting a much better deal and I would be getting the short end of the stick. I am in arguably the best shape of my life physically and and my career is starting to come together. Why should I even consider someone who has less of what I want at a time where I've got more and more to offer? I'm never going to do that and so the age standard is completely justified.

"But as long as you use age as a dating criteria you are much less likely to find one."

Pfft I've had them interested in me recently as a result of my music. I don't think it will be that hard, just a matter of getting out enough.

And it's bold and incorrect of you to assume character isn't a factor here. I find that a lot of single women my age are more entitled. Women who wouldn't have given me a chance when we were younger (which was absolutely their right) are now angry that they don't have the same advantage they once did. I very much get an attitude from many of them that they feel men their age are morally obligated to date them when we aren't. That type of "screw your needs, but I'll take you now that you have more to offer me mentality" is something I'll never want in a woman.

This makes zero sense whatsoever. Having a set standard doesn't make anything predatory in anyway. Unless we are going to say that women who will only date men 6 ft above, or who earn a certain amount of money are also predatory which I don't see them as. Behaviour is predatory when you act with no regards to the wellbeing of whoever you are trying to enter a relationship with, acting in a dishonest way or if you're going for someone below the age of consent. None of those factors apply here. A 21 year old woman can have sex changing surgery, go to war and die, drive a car and vote. I think she can make the decision to date a guy in his 30s or older.

The bottom line is men wanting relationships with younger women isn't the problem, some women who aren't in that age range thinking they have any leverage to dictate our preferences is.

For a guy who recently argued it's okay for older men to date underage teenaged girls, you have a lot of nerve to be calling someone predatory.

You could just not tell people you're doing that.
Like, what did you think she was going to do dude? High five you?
Do you know what your childhood friend was? Jealous. Because she would just love to be sipping wine with her friends dishing the gossip about how she has a new toy boy. Well she can't. Maybe its having a kid, maybe its not having the opportunity, maybe she's just not interesting enough for people to look past the age gap.
No, instead she got to hear about you successfully doing the equivalent. Well boo-hoo, the fact is you're young and uninhibited. You do what you like as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.

You put in the time, you put in the effort, you're in good shape at a time when things start to fall apart. And you know what? You seem like a decent guy.
Go forth with my blessing you ******* legend.

For a guy who recently argued it's okay for older men to date underage teenaged girls, you have a lot of nerve to be calling someone predatory.
I don't date "underage teenaged girls," nor have I said it's okay. I do have a lot of nerve, though, so you got one thing right.

My reference that you misquoted simply pointed out should someone target a specific dynamic to the exclusion of all else it is by definition predation.

The bottom line is men wanting relationships with younger women isn't the problem, some women who aren't in that age range thinking they have any leverage to dictate our preferences is.
I'm not going to give much thought to your justifications. Date whomever you want. I will agree that no one has the right to dictate who you legitimately date. You seemed to be asking permission. If she is into you, go for it. I'll condemn you if you take advantage of their inexperience. But if you are on the up and up and treat them respectfully I'll happily condemn those that condemn your right to date anyone that wants to date you.

I'll conclude with age has little to do with attraction. By that, older women can be as aluring as younger women. Look at the person inside and don't put so much value to a package that isn't going to be around all that long anyway. Just my opinion, which you solicited by posting this thread.

My reference that you misquoted simply pointed out should someone target a specific dynamic to the exclusion of all else it is by definition predation.
In what sense? OP has less experience than the 21-24 year old's he's "targeting." Economically? I'm not going to give out personal information about another member but he's hardly ahead of them there either. The worst you can say about this is that it's superficial.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back