I'm an EMT and a stripper, and I'm lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thenightmedic

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've decided to seek out a forum to talk to people on, because my loneliness has reached an all time high, and I feel like my personal emotions and even my presence has become a burden to those in my interpersonal life.

I'm an EMT fulltime in a big city, and I'm also an exotic dancer because let's be real, first responders aren't paid well, and I also just like having fun. I've been a stripper for 4 years, and an EMT for 3 years. I've never had a problem at any EMS job, what with being a stripper as well. I don't go around telling people I'm a stripper, not because I'm ashamed of it, but because it unfortunately causes some problems for me with colleagues. 
I just moved to the suburbs to start at a new ambulance job, and someone had found out about me being a stripper. They are using it maliciously against me. I feel ostracized and beaten down, because it's not like being a stripper affects my care as an EMT. I live alone and I don't know anyone out here, so I count on my EMS job to meet acquaintances, but seeing as someone is spreading malicious lies about me as a dancer and what I do, it's been hard and lonely for me.

I was hoping to come here and document my struggles with what it's like to work in two very different professions, and maybe talk to some people. The girls at my strip club don't care what I do for fulltime work, but it's hard for me to come into my fulltime ambulance job (that I love) and be stuck in a box with someone for (at least) 12 hours a day who either ignores me, is rude to me or doesn't like me because I'm a stripper. I cry after work a lot now, and I find myself desperately scrolling through the contacts on my phone once or twice a day, looking for someone, anyone, to talk to, and feeling even smaller and more alone when I realize I really have no one. 

I hope to write here and find company online.

I'm very nervous to post this because I'm afraid of being ridiculed, but I hope someone, anyone likes me. I haven't been liked in a while. I haven't had a friend in a while. So thank you for letting me in. 

Lots of love xx
-L

welcome_gif_by_4everlaugh-d56crsq.gif
Sorry ur not being fairly treated just cause ur a stripper. :( People can be mean.

Welcome ! 
There's absolutely nothing dishonorable about what you do. 
Suburban society can be so regressive. Loan sharks , giant corporations , etc aren't unethical, but being a stripper and loving it is. 
Feel free to talk to us :)

If your coworker(s) have a problem with you being a stripper that's on them. Its not like you are a prostitute. Some people just need to keep their nose out of their own business. Maybe they are jealous because they know they couldn't be a stripper or are so self conscious about their bodies they have to hate on you. Being a stripper isn't who you are its just something else you do.

I have several friends who worked as strippers to pay their way through college. It got them where they wanted to be and no debt, so I fail to see the negative side of doing it. But yes, people are judgmental as hell and you will likely hear about it. Just try not to let that discourage you. You are doing for you what you need/want to do to get ahead and there's no shame in that. You aren't selling drugs or doing anything illegal, so be proud of what you've done and how much you have accomplished.
If it gets too bad though, you should consider talking to a superior.

Sci-Fi said:
Maybe they are jealous because they know they couldn't be a stripper or are so self conscious about their bodies they have to hate on you

You raise a good point, I wish I had a body people would want to see, even pay for!!!!

thenightmedic said:
Hi All,

I've decided to seek out a forum to talk to people on, because my loneliness has reached an all time high, and I feel like my personal emotions and even my presence has become a burden to those in my interpersonal life.

I'm an EMT fulltime in a big city, and I'm also an exotic dancer because let's be real, first responders aren't paid well, and I also just like having fun. I've been a stripper for 4 years, and an EMT for 3 years. I've never had a problem at any EMS job, what with being a stripper as well. I don't go around telling people I'm a stripper, not because I'm ashamed of it, but because it unfortunately causes some problems for me with colleagues. 
I just moved to the suburbs to start at a new ambulance job, and someone had found out about me being a stripper. They are using it maliciously against me. I feel ostracized and beaten down, because it's not like being a stripper affects my care as an EMT. I live alone and I don't know anyone out here, so I count on my EMS job to meet acquaintances, but seeing as someone is spreading malicious lies about me as a dancer and what I do, it's been hard and lonely for me.

I was hoping to come here and document my struggles with what it's like to work in two very different professions, and maybe talk to some people. The girls at my strip club don't care what I do for fulltime work, but it's hard for me to come into my fulltime ambulance job (that I love) and be stuck in a box with someone for (at least) 12 hours a day who either ignores me, is rude to me or doesn't like me because I'm a stripper. I cry after work a lot now, and I find myself desperately scrolling through the contacts on my phone once or twice a day, looking for someone, anyone, to talk to, and feeling even smaller and more alone when I realize I really have no one. 

I'm very nervous to post this because I'm afraid of being ridiculed, but I hope someone, anyone likes me. I haven't been liked in a while. I haven't had a friend in a while. So thank you for letting me in. 

Lots of love xx
-L

WELCOME!!! I don't feel like judging you at all. In fact you sound like an interesting person. PLEASE share your stories. It's wrong for them to treat you like that. If you have good character who cares if you are a stripper?

I'm afraid of being ridiculed
You have absolutely nothing to be afraid of from what I have seen so far on this forum. You also have nothing to be shamed about either, just turn and walk away.

thenightmedic said:
Hi All,

Lots of love xx
-L

People fail to be comfortable with things they don't fully understand, its a fault of other people and not one of your own! 
You are working hard and have two jobs to help you pay the bills, you should never feel ashamed about what you do, some people nowadays don't want to work, well unless they get that 50k a year easy job. At least you are. There's nothing wrong with being a stripper at all.
I have spent many years of my life working in and around clubs and I have met all kinds of people from all walks of life and most of the girls I knew or worked alongside that are strippers are some of the most nice and kind hearted people that I have met.
Try and keep your head held high and remember that it's your life and you have no obligation to please others that only judge you. Good luck, i really wish you the best. X

Hello,
Many Kudos for you for being an EMT, I really respect you for that. It is emotionally, mentally and physically demanding. You can reach out to me in PM if you would like. I have no friends either.

Reading back, I don't see the fact you're a stripper as anything but a positive part of your life. It seems to be the fact that jumped out of the page at people based on their replies... but I suppose on a forum full of mostly introverts.. I mean, who wouldn't be impressed by a stripper!? Point is I don't think you're asking for validation in that respect at all, you seem proud enough of that aspect of your life, which is all good, as most people have already said.

Now, personally I'd find being an EMT emotionally brutal to have to deal with as a job, day in day out. I'd certainly need a lot of support from my co-workers and if I felt they were just down on me, I could see how that would quickly become a toxic workplace to have to head into day after day. So practical fix.. are your skills cross transferable..? Being an EMT probably commands stupidly long hours. I also suspect that unless you're strip job is the Saturday lunchtime matinee slot, it probably keeps similarly unsociable hours. So I suspect your main problem is you're probably just 100% dead on your feet exhausted and lack the strength to not give a honeysuckle when some idiot is giving you a hard time… there will always be an idiot.

I’d suggest you look at sorting your work life balance… doing both jobs just sounds unsustainable (maybe I am just old) .. but give yourself more time and you might find more energy and positivity to work through the loneliness and allow you the time to meet someone on your own terms. Seriously, I'm exhausted just thinking about the hours you keep.

thenightmedic said:
Hi All,

Lots of love xx
-L
You sound like an amazing person to me. I have a lot of respect for Survivors which you are.  I can relate cause I am a retired EMT who still helps people as I can. It is good feeling to save a life and makes you a valuable person. Not long ago I saved a ladys life in Wal Mart. No better feeling. I seriously doubt anyone would want to see this fat old man strip. LOL. There is nothing wrong with stripping to make money. We all use our body parts to make a living in one form or another. I respect you for being tough enough  to do what ever is necessary to survive.

Latest posts

Back