I'm good thanks.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll toss out the automatic "Good,u?". People usually don't listen to the answer. If Im feeling naughty I'll go with "Horrible". Either there's no reply, which sucks, or I get to invent something completely whack until they realise I'm just screwing with them šŸ˜ˆ

Generally if I respond with anything other than ā€œIā€™m okā€, people generally respond with something to paper over any potential issues quickly, and then move swiftly on to something else. For example, I respond with ā€œIā€™m a bit lonelyā€, they respond with, ā€œaw, but we all love youā€, and then move on the conversation to whatever is happening. Or in the case of closer family they respond with concern and advice, but itā€™s all things I struggle to do, so itā€™s not actually helpful and we all end up sad and no further forwards. So either way, itā€™s pointless and even makes everything worse, so itā€™s better to just say ā€œIā€™m okā€, even if itā€™s a lie. Iā€™m not terribly good at conversation and social lies but sometimes itā€™s just the way it is.

I'll toss out the automatic "Good,u?". People usually don't listen to the answer. If Im feeling naughty I'll go with "Horrible". Either there's no reply, which sucks, or I get to invent something completely whack until they realise I'm just screwing with them šŸ˜ˆ
I guess that it's the times when we are feeling happier and give one of those cheeky answers that causes the problems with people taking us seriously. Like the classic "No, I'm half left." when someone asks us "Are you alright?".

Generally if I respond with anything other than ā€œIā€™m okā€, people generally respond with something to paper over any potential issues quickly, and then move swiftly on to something else. For example, I respond with ā€œIā€™m a bit lonelyā€, they respond with, ā€œaw, but we all love youā€, and then move on the conversation to whatever is happening. Or in the case of closer family they respond with concern and advice, but itā€™s all things I struggle to do, so itā€™s not actually helpful and we all end up sad and no further forwards. So either way, itā€™s pointless and even makes everything worse, so itā€™s better to just say ā€œIā€™m okā€, even if itā€™s a lie. Iā€™m not terribly good at conversation and social lies but sometimes itā€™s just the way it is.
Ah, the classic "but we love you...." response. There are times when that doesn't really help much.

Don't get me wrong, I am generally a happy cheerful person and I am kind of known for being that way no matter what is/or has been thrown at me, I guess I just hate showing that other unhappy sad side of me.

That said, I have taken the step to open up a little more to a certain few recently. I kind of have this forum to blame / thank for that. I have been communicating with people I know in real life via text, so it's been pretty much like talking you some of you on here in some way. It has helped in some way, telling people who actually do know me and what I am like, what I have been through, and in other ways is hasn't, but I'll get there.

I guess that it's the times when we are feeling happier and give one of those cheeky answers that causes the problems with people taking us seriously. Like the classic "No, I'm half left." when someone asks us "Are you alright?".

Ah, the classic "but we love you...." response. There are times when that doesn't really help much.

Don't get me wrong, I am generally a happy cheerful person and I am kind of known for being that way no matter what is/or has been thrown at me, I guess I just hate showing that other unhappy sad side of me.

That said, I have taken the step to open up a little more to a certain few recently. I kind of have this forum to blame / thank for that. I have been communicating with people I know in real life via text, so it's been pretty much like talking you some of you on here in some way. It has helped in some way, telling people who actually do know me and what I am like, what I have been through, and in other ways is hasn't, but I'll get there.
Wwll, I personally don't care if random people take me seriously or not. The ones I care about do. The others are only there for my personal amusement. Because I'm a narcissitic psychopath. šŸ˜ˆ

Latest posts

Back