I'm thinking I should just die

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JustLost

No, I'm not going to off myself or anything. It's just that I've had the sobering realization that I no longer contribute anything to the world. I can't meet new people. I am denied a family of my own. My job could be performed by trained squirrels if need be. There is no reason for me to be here. It seems the oxygen and food that I'm using would be much better suited to someone with an actual future.

I think there should be a facility in major metropolitan areas where useless people like me could go to be quietly "euthanized" (whatever the term)...something like a "Useless Waste of Humanity Disposal Facility" or the UWHDF. I'm not sure how it would be accomplished, but I suspect lethal injection is probably the safest and most painless way. I'm not a criminal, I'm just useless. I don't think I deserve to suffer just for that.

I could never bring myself to die by my own hand. That would be "quitting". However I think if a panel of experts agreed that I was a waste of space, I could go along with it...as long as there's some sort of official consensus.

I think there is a number of us that feel that way at times. If people really had to have a valid justification for being here it might be a rather empty planet. The fact that you are here is justification enough.

I am sorry that you are feeling so down and know that you are really underrating yourself.

Go do something you enjoy.

Who gives a fresia if you contribute something to the world? Thats a bunch of bullshit.

Whats important is if you are happy.

Ire said:
Who gives a fresia if you contribute something to the world? Thats a bunch of bullshit.

That is pretty much what i was attempt to say, JustLost, along with the fact that you do contribute as much as the great majority of people.

Do something then. also you are making an impact, you pay your taxes lol.

But seriously, You dont need to feel the need to make a difference to the world as a whole, but to make a difference to someone elses world. If you can change someone elses life in a positive way, ie being in a relation with, then thats all that matters.

If you can make a family and have kids, what more can you ask for? you are continuing your family name, and who knows what the next generations may bring this world?

Just get the most out of life, thats what really matters.

Hey JustLost. I know exactly how you feel. I have felt the same way on may occasions. Why am I here? What purpose do I serve? Who can I call or talk to right this minute? Etc, Etc. Usually, the answer is not a good one or else it's a big fat nobody.
All of those reasons above are my reason for having come here. I was lonely, I needed to feel that other ppl heard me and that I was not the only one feeling this way. I even hoped that maybe I might meet ppl and make a few friends along that way that understood what it means to feel those things.
And, as a matter of fact, I have made a few friends. I have also learned to keep my positive attitude that everything will eventually change and work out the way it was meant to. We can't expect changes when we ourselves think that nothing positive is going to happen. We at least have to make a little effort for our own happiness.
I hope you find your way out of this funky day and back to a more positive, if not hopeful outlook. If you need to talk, I'll definitely listen. Get to feeling better.

JustLost said:
No, I'm not going to off myself or anything. It's just that I've had the sobering realization that I no longer contribute anything to the world.

U contribute to this forum. I look forward to reading ur posts always.

And everyone contributes at least something to this world..like poo and pee among other things.

Now then mate (JustLost) what is this. I mean I well slap you if you keep thinking like this. In fact I well
MsnSlap5.gif
I hope that's slapped some seance into you.

How can you even think of compering your self to a criminal? I mean have you any idea what it cost to keep someone locked up. I do not BTW lol But I know its a lot :)

You work and you pay your way witch is moor then can be said about me. You only have to do one thing in life and that's be happy. They are for to many ppl that are making lots of money on the backs of good hard working folk like your self that bleed this society dry. You do not. You just plod along doing your own thing. Its ppl like you that are the back bone of any society.

Dude I get just like this and I have reason to think am a wast of space that's just taking up vital resources as I am on benefit and never likely to get off them. There is not a lot I can do about this but it don't help me feel any better about myself.

I used to beat myself up really badly cos of this. There is nothing I can do about it. I am just one of the unlucky ppl that have not been blissed with good health. So I ether put my self out the way. (In other words end it.) Are I get over it and make the best out of what I have. I choice the second one as I do not have the bottle to do the first.

I mean would you think differently if you where knocking out a kid a year and expecting your government to support you to bring them kids up that you decided to have? There is a lot in the world that do you know. You are about as far away from a wast of space as anyone could get mate. Your just feeling a bit down right now. Chere up dude and all buy you a paint :) well I would if I was there.

I'm sorry everyone, I never should have posted that message. Like I told someone earlier, recovering from depression is a lot like being an alcoholic. I sometimes fall off the wagon. I had a really crappy day yesterday and for some reason it all seemed to pour out here.

If I pull this garbage again, just do what Bluey did and give me a good slap. :) I should snap out of it.

:) You cart beat a good old slapping lol

HAY! No need to apologies man, its what this place is all about. Its normal to get down. just that we don't have anyone to rant off to when we get down, so us lot do it here :)

Glad to see your doing better to day. Suppose you'll be wanting that paint now :rolleyes:

JustLost said:
No, I'm not going to off myself or anything. It's just that I've had the sobering realization that I no longer contribute anything to the world. I can't meet new people. I am denied a family of my own. My job could be performed by trained squirrels if need be. There is no reason for me to be here. It seems the oxygen and food that I'm using would be much better suited to someone with an actual future.

I think there should be a facility in major metropolitan areas where useless people like me could go to be quietly "euthanized" (whatever the term)...something like a "Useless Waste of Humanity Disposal Facility" or the UWHDF. I'm not sure how it would be accomplished, but I suspect lethal injection is probably the safest and most painless way. I'm not a criminal, I'm just useless. I don't think I deserve to suffer just for that.

I could never bring myself to die by my own hand. That would be "quitting". However I think if a panel of experts agreed that I was a waste of space, I could go along with it...as long as there's some sort of official consensus.

I know you feel better now and thats good, but what a great post, in that it is just how I feel most days. I am a fellow depressive (I find most of the meds pretty useless). The first paragraph is spookily similar to my own thoughts.

I think I'll take extra meds and sleep longer...........

RobertJW said:
I know you feel better now and thats good, but what a great post, in that it is just how I feel most days. I am a fellow depressive (I find most of the meds pretty useless). The first paragraph is spookily similar to my own thoughts.

I think I'll take extra meds and sleep longer...........

Thanks...I try to be creative when beating myself up. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I've tried going the medication route but never found anything that didn't make me a zombie or just plain crazy. Oh well.

Never apologise for posting what you really feel...that is the entire point of us being here. We can say what we think and read what others think...without fear of being made to feel a fool.

You said you felt you didn't offer anything...re-read you thread and decide by the responses...do you really believe that you don't offer anything...because all those people who have replied know what you have offered!!

davechaos said:
Never apologise for posting what you really feel...that is the entire point of us being here. We can say what we think and read what others think...without fear of being made to feel a fool.

This is exactly right. This is what this place is all about.

davechaos said:
You said you felt you didn't offer anything...re-read you thread and decide by the responses...do you really believe that you don't offer anything...because all those people who have replied know what you have offered!!

Again, So true.

Sometimes you can do nothing but to say you know what mate, I agree with everything you just said :)

davechaos said:

Everyone here is great, but outside of this little world is a slightly different story. I spend the majority of my day completely invisible to everyone around me. It's only a matter of time before a person in this situation begins to question the value of existing at all. A lot of people are perfectly comfortable just being on the planet and breathing. I need a little more than that.

It probably wouldn't be so bad if there was someone at home that could provide validation that I have some sort of meaning and "matter"...but there's nothing.

So I come here, make silly posts and joke about goofy things just to avoid having a nervous breakdown.

JustLost said:
Yeah, I've tried going the medication route but never found anything that didn't make me a zombie or just plain crazy. Oh well.

There seems to be countless types and some people seem to have some success with them. I was never so lucky. Even the ones that didn't turn me into a zombie had drawbacks. The most annoying and possible dangerous for me was the one that turned all lights into a blurred star burst. Couldn't tell the difference between a green traffic light and a green arrow.

I am glad that you are feeling better.

Minus said:
The most annoying and possible dangerous for me was the one that turned all lights into a blurred star burst. Couldn't tell the difference between a green traffic light and a green arrow.

Yeah, that would be a bit difficult to deal with. I just don't trust a lot of the medication available for depression. Plus, a lot of the doctors around here don't seem to know what they're doing. It worries me when I know more about my problem than the physician supposedly treating me. I'm not saying I'm smart, just that they often seem really clueless.

Latest posts

Back