I'm unverifiable now

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, so interest rates are finally going up a little bit. I decided to open a cd or two. I tried many online banks, that's the only way to get a descent interest rate, and NONE of them can verify me. It's crazy! None of my information has changed in years. I've had my credit locked at the reporting agencies for more then a decade. But, the banks don't verify via credit reporting bureaus any more any way. I guess they don't want to spend the money to do that. Instead they rely on 3rd party information suppliers to verify somone's identity, which is just gathered from inaccurate online information.

I think that's totally insane! Someone could easily create a fake persona and the banks would trust it. I've spent many hours removing all my information from all the stupid online databases over the years. I keep all my private information private. So, the banks can't verify me. The credit bureaus also use the stupid third party databases and can't verify me either in order to unfreeze my credit reports. Again, insane!!!!

So, they all want me to mail / email them copies of my SSN card, bank statements, utilitiy bills, and other private information. I said hell to the no. That's not secure. Plus someone could easily create fake documents. AND, the banks will trust them. CRAZY! It's like all these companies are trying to get everybody's personal and private information out there on the Interent for everybody to buy, steal, and/or use. IMO, identity fraud is going to get way worse in the coming years.

So, now I'm totally unverifiable! Are you unverifiable too?

I wonder when we'll be required to prove where we got the cash from that we are using to buy stuff.

Okay, so interest rates are finally going up a little bit. I decided to open a cd or two. I tried many online banks, that's the only way to get a descent interest rate, and NONE of them can verify me. It's crazy! None of my information has changed in years. I've had my credit locked at the reporting agencies for more then a decade. But, the banks don't verify via credit reporting bureaus any more any way. I guess they don't want to spend the money to do that. Instead they rely on 3rd party information suppliers to verify somone's identity, which is just gathered from inaccurate online information.

I think that's totally insane! Someone could easily create a fake persona and the banks would trust it. I've spent many hours removing all my information from all the stupid online databases over the years. I keep all my private information private. So, the banks can't verify me. The credit bureaus also use the stupid third party databases and can't verify me either in order to unfreeze my credit reports. Again, insane!!!!

So, they all want me to mail / email them copies of my SSN card, bank statements, utilitiy bills, and other private information. I said hell to the no. That's not secure. Plus someone could easily create fake documents. AND, the banks will trust them. CRAZY! It's like all these companies are trying to get everybody's personal and private information out there on the Interent for everybody to buy, steal, and/or use. IMO, identity fraud is going to get way worse in the coming years.

So, now I'm totally unverifiable! Are you unverifiable too?

I wonder when we'll be required to prove where we got the cash from that we are using to buy stuff.
Thats insane Finished omg... Imagine! You know my brother got conned and ended up in a lot of fraud, all his credit reports are frozen and he is so scared to try an sort it out because he just finds it hard to navigate. I asked if I can speak on his behalf and they said no! But the person pretending to be him had free reign!

Thats insane Finished omg... Imagine! You know my brother got conned and ended up in a lot of fraud, all his credit reports are frozen and he is so scared to try an sort it out because he just finds it hard to navigate. I asked if I can speak on his behalf and they said no! But the person pretending to be him had free reign!
So, I was just on the phone for an hour and 40 minutes with a bank and they still cannot identify me. There fraud department doesn't care about a live person only what their 3rd party crap databases say. So, I told the bank person that I will create a fraudulent profile of myself in order to satisfy their fraud department and send them fraudulent letters to backup my correct information. That's the only way to get my identification verified. They will gobble up the fraudulent information like it's candy and then they will be happy. Idiots!

This society is getting dumber as it marches on. It's unbelievable. I'm watching the train wreck in progress.

I see in the future that companies will only deal with people via their cell phones and 3rd party apps. BTW, Android is easily hacked and the third party apps are easily hacked as well. I don't know about Apple. Maybe I should look into them.

The point I was trying to express to the banker that I was speaker to, but she didn't care, was that they store all their information, like most banks, with a 3rd party company that doesn't have the same security requirements as a bank does. And, most of that gets stored on the "cloud", which never gets hacked. ;) ;)

So, WHEN the third party companies get their databases hacked, and they will, there's no legal reprecussions against the bank. The bank will just say it was that other company not us. Then the other company will say they that they followed all the laws. Then they say, sorry, we'll just monitor your credit free for a year, which is just another scam to get you on a credit monitoring plan and suck more money out of you. Oh, and then the credit monitoring company will sell your information to other companies.

Yeah, the future looks wonderful!

It will be a sad day when cash is no longer accepted and everybody is forced to use their unsecure cell phones. But, it is coming. It's all about control. It's not about safety and security as we've all watched how increasing frequent our private information is being mined and hacked out of "secure" databases.

Latest posts

Back