Imagine if you all looked like me...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you ever imagined a world where everyone looks the same?

Looks are a huge factor in my life, always have been, I often wonder would I be happy if there was no such thing.

No such thing as outward beauty and only internal beauty.

Do you think a world like that would be easier or harder to navigate?

I mostly navigate the world through internal beauty.
The ugly truth of that, is that more often times than not people are still greedy, lazy shitheads.
Doesn't matter if they're physically attractive or not.
Actually physically attractive people usually bet on their own ego that they can continue to get away with being shitty people entirely based on quantity over quality.

The result, like the gaslighting thread, is that there is no mental development and growth from these types of people. The ego prevents that progression. In short: They aren't going to listen to anyone, and life has to get bad enough and they have to get desperate enough to really sit down, figure their honeysuckle out, and lower their sense of hubris.

The thing is, that the human ego is not necessarily a bad thing.
It's the lack of management of it, that is a bad thing.

The job of the ego is to protect the inner person from harm, no more, no less.
Not enough ego, and you get steamrolled. Too much ego, and you cheat yourself out of a learning experience, ultimately stunting your own growth and development.

The moral of the story is:
Appearances do not matter as much as functionality does.
We know this about nearly every materialistic component in existence:
If your car looks nice, but stalls out at every traffic light, the purpose is defeated.
If your house and garden is beautiful and plentiful, but your plumbing and electrical wiring is unsanitary and unsafe, the purpose is defeated.
Even governments view their citizens as products, at least here in America, that's why we're given a Social Security Number. That number is not for your retirement, it is a tracking number of your Net Value, which is why it is illegal to kill yourself in America and you are billed so highly for trying to that without insurance when you get the bill it is likely to make you try to again.
People do not want to view themselves as products, because that is not how we understand ourselves. We did not do that to us, governments did that to us over the course of thousands of years. Everyone that is currently alive, merely just inherited that system blindly beneath the Sins Of The Father complex.

Very often a person's internal beauty is not developed until enough suffering has incurred in their life. Our pain makes us cry, our tears are watery, most of our bodies are made up of water, and when you want a plant or flower to grow, you add water to it.

Truth is Pain.
That is what it is.
That's why the Truth hurts.

I think Mark Manson put it best:
"We joke online about "First World problems," but we really are victims of our own success."
- The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A fresia

I mostly navigate the world through internal beauty.
The ugly truth of that, is that more often times than not people are still greedy, lazy shitheads.
Doesn't matter if they're physically attractive or not.
Actually physically attractive people usually bet on their own ego that they can continue to get away with being shitty people entirely based on quantity over quality.

The result, like the gaslighting thread, is that there is no mental development and growth from these types of people. The ego prevents that progression. In short: They aren't going to listen to anyone, and life has to get bad enough and they have to get desperate enough to really sit down, figure their honeysuckle out, and lower their sense of hubris.

The thing is, that the human ego is not necessarily a bad thing.
It's the lack of management of it, that is a bad thing.

The job of the ego is to protect the inner person from harm, no more, no less.
Not enough ego, and you get steamrolled. Too much ego, and you cheat yourself out of a learning experience, ultimately stunting your own growth and development.

The moral of the story is:
Appearances do not matter as much as functionality does.
We know this about nearly every materialistic component in existence:
If your car looks nice, but stalls out at every traffic light, the purpose is defeated.
If your house and garden is beautiful and plentiful, but your plumbing and electrical wiring is unsanitary and unsafe, the purpose is defeated.
Even governments view their citizens as products, at least here in America, that's why we're given a Social Security Number. That number is not for your retirement, it is a tracking number of your Net Value, which is why it is illegal to kill yourself in America and you are billed so highly for trying to that without insurance when you get the bill it is likely to make you try to again.
People do not want to view themselves as products, because that is not how we understand ourselves. We did not do that to us, governments did that to us over the course of thousands of years. Everyone that is currently alive, merely just inherited that system blindly beneath the Sins Of The Father complex.

Very often a person's internal beauty is not developed until enough suffering has incurred in their life. Our pain makes us cry, our tears are watery, most of our bodies are made up of water, and when you want a plant or flower to grow, you add water to it.

Truth is Pain.
That is what it is.
That's why the Truth hurts.

I think Mark Manson put it best:
"We joke online about "First World problems," but we really are victims of our own success."
- The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A fresia
This is soooo true, but do you think the world would be better or worse if we all looked alike?

This is soooo true, but do you think the world would be better or worse if we all looked alike?

Definitely worse.
If you look at the History of Writing and the Rise of Civilization for a long enough time, what eventually becomes apparent through it is the earliest recording of Conspiracy.
If we all looked the same, it would be significantly easier for one person to kill another person and easily replace that person accordingly. 🤷‍♂️
It doesn't matter who is on the top of the Social Hierarchy because of this factor.
Whoever is on top, regardless of their race, gender and religion, will always be a target.

Strange… I was sure you was one, this whole time 😅

But dont you think society's pressure about how hot or not you are would lose its hold?
Definitely, would solve a lot of my problems actually. I look drastically different from everyone else, which causes other men to be very aggressive towards me. If everyone looked the same i wouldnt have this problem. But i refuse to conform to normalcy, i should be allowed to look whichever way i please, but for me there is a very heavy price to pay for that.

Definitely, would solve a lot of my problems actually. I look drastically different from everyone else, which causes other men to be very aggressive towards me. If everyone looked the same i wouldnt have this problem. But i refuse to conform to normalcy, i should be allowed to look whichever way i please, but for me there is a very heavy price to pay for that.
But even if we all looked the same, we would each still have different tats, piercings, clothes....or would we not? I'm not sure exactly how far Ceno is taking this fantasy of hers. lol

But even if we all looked the same, we would each still have different tats, piercings, clothes....or would we not? I'm not sure exactly how far Ceno is taking this fantasy of hers. lol
Unless you tatoo like a swastika or something like "pure evil" on youre forehead im sure its fine lol.

Or maybe dressing a certain way would become a new way to identify with certain people, people will always find new ways to divide themselves i guess.

Wow!! So even other men treat you differently because of how you look, I always thought men didnt notice other mens looks in general.. shows how much i know

Wow!! So even other men treat you differently because of how you look, I always thought men didnt notice other mens looks in general.. shows how much i know
Yeah my looks have caused me trouble all my life. Its fine with girls, some think im "hot n handsome" and stuff, and others just dont which is fine.
But guys often seem to really hate me, specifically because i have long hair. I feel very comfortable and like myself with it. But like even my dad would forcibly cut it when i was a kid, one time he was mad drunk again and almost cut off one of my ears. But this i absolutely refuse to change about myself, i will not live my life pretending to be something or someone im not.

If i could change anything about the way i look, it would just be the removal of scars. I feel perfectly fine about it otherwise.

Yeah my looks have caused me trouble all my life. Its fine with girls, some think im "hot n handsome" and stuff, and others just dont which is fine.
But guys often seem to really hate me, specifically because i have long hair. I feel very comfortable and like myself with it. But like even my dad would forcibly cut it when i was a kid, one time he was mad drunk again and almost cut off one of my ears. But this i absolutely refuse to change about myself, i will not live my life pretending to be something or someone im not.
And you shouldn't change who you are for anyone.

Awh wow thats awful!
If i could change anything about the way i look, it would just be the removal of scars. I feel perfectly fine about it otherwise.
And yeahhh I understand I have a lot of scars I laser every 6 weeks its awfully painful

Awh wow thats awful!

And yeahhh I understand I have a lot of scars I laser every 6 weeks its awfully painful
Yeah i understand, id also have mine fixed if i could, but last time they told me its like 25000 bucks, probably 30 or 35000 now in this wonderful economy.

Can i ask you, what are your scars? And how did you get them? I perfectly understand if you dont want to discuss it. You can PM me if you like and well compare scars.

Yeah i understand, id also have mine fixed if i could, but last time they told me its like 25000 bucks, probably 30 or 35000 now in this wonderful economy.

Can i ask you, what are your scars? And how did you get them? I perfectly understand if you dont want to discuss it. You can PM me if you like and well compare scars.

Yeah it's deffo not cheap, I've spent around the price of a cheap car on laser treatments so far. 😕 And ohhh wahh that's a super long story lolz

Yeah it's deffo not cheap, I've spent around the price of a cheap car on laser treatments so far. 😕 And ohhh wahh that's a super long story lolz
Such stories always are, they require context.
But its ok if you dont want to say, i understand.

Ohhhhh yeah they do.

Big guys at parties like to target other big guys at parties to show their dominance.

The pretty boys like to show that they are the prettiest.

The biker guys require other biker guys to look like them. When I was younger I had a friend that was in a biker club, not the friendly kind either, and I would often hang around them. I had a harley and worked on them. I helped several guys with their bikes. I even went on a few runs with them crossing state lines. But, I usually dressed in shorts and a tee shirt. Many of them kept Fing with me because of that. A couple really were upset about it. They thought I was Fing with them. BUt, I just didn't want to dress like they did. Eventually, I quit hanging around with them. Much better idea. ;)

Also, I'm slim and light weight. Yet, if I don't like something it really shows all over my face. I have a big guy attitude. So, bigger guys see me as an easy target. I have been in many fights because of that. But, they usually realize they made a mistake and try to back off as I'm beating their ass, well before I went and got old. Ha! ha!

But, yeah guys are always checking out other guys. Everybody judges everybody else.

Wow, let me just enter that little fantasy world for a moment. It would certainly of made growing up a lot easier as it would have stopped me being singled out and all the name calling due to the way I looked. But the person that I am today would be gone, as I am the person I am because of what I have been through.

In a weird way I love the scars that I have. I have one running down the length of my back and another snaking itself around the length of one of my arms. Again, they remind me just what I have been through.

Wow, let me just enter that little fantasy world for a moment. It would certainly of made growing up a lot easier as it would have stopped me being singled out and all the name calling due to the way I looked. But the person that I am today would be gone, as I am the person I am because of what I have been through.

In a weird way I love the scars that I have. I have one running down the length of my back and another snaking itself around the length of one of my arms. Again, they remind me just what I have been through.
Oh wow, i'm sorry that sounds tough! Honestly being called names is my daily existence. I love differences, different colours, different hair styles, I am in love with the rainbow the world has to offer and also the unique experiences our individuality can cause. I think it's a beautiful concept that you are the person you are due to both the hard times and the good.

Young people will always create hierarchies among themselves. Take away differences in people's looks/attractiveness and it would just be something else.

Latest posts

Back