Insomnia…..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So normally I sleep quite well of a night. I have a routine, where I wind down before going to bed at the same sort of time each night. The only problem I tend to have is a belly full of air which happens when I swallow (I'm asleep so I don't know I'm doing this) as my ventilator delivers a puff of air. This can be quite painful and wakes me up, but a good burp normally does the trick.

Last night though my brain just seemed to be so active and just wouldn't shut itself down. I felt like I hardly slept. If you are having that problem every night, I can completely understand why it gets to you.

Here's hoping you get yourselves a better nights sleep tonight.

I have insomnia only on nights before I have to work!
Me too.

I have to get up early and that piss me off. I hate getting up early and as I don't feel good until I sleep 8-9 hours(what is weird, nobody of people I know needs so much) I have to go to bed also early, about 22:30. Also I feel very sleepy about 21:40-22:00 but it's too early and then I feel fresh till 23:30.
No problems during the weekend, I think I can easily sleep up to 24 hours(but I don't have time to check it).

It's 5 am... 5... *******... am... :mad:
I'm a night person.. more so I am on this night schedule due to my partner, but I can tell you sometimes it's hard to go to sleep, especially when it's near sunrise, regardless of how tired you may think you are, once the sun comes out - your body's natural response is to "wake up" so it automatically recharges us regardless if we haveslept or not.

My circadian rhythm is all kinds of messed up.

I'm a night person.. more so I am on this night schedule due to my partner, but I can tell you sometimes it's hard to go to sleep, especially when it's near sunrise, regardless of how tired you may think you are, once the sun comes out - your body's natural response is to "wake up" so it automatically recharges us regardless if we haveslept or not.

My circadian rhythm is all kinds of messed up.
Oh girl... tell me about ittt and you know what I didn't think of that, maybe it's due to my ex working nights, got me all messed up lol

Honestly not being able to sleep reallyyyy gets to me. I hate it, ugh and my looks… you dont wanna know what its doing to my looks. I just miss normality, waking up feeling refreshed, a night without nightmares or weird dreams or ughh sleep paralysis.

I feel so alone, everyone else is asleep and im laying here awake by myself… I’ve been emotional in bed lately, sometimes I wish I could pass out and I think of ways to make that happen and then I think im bloody crazy 😅 I hate insomnia
I hate inso too. It runs in my family.

Most of the time I worked a normal day job. But, at a couple points in my life I work a full time day job and a full time night job. Other times I worked only a night job. I actually covered up the inside of the windows with 1/4" plywood and sealed it with calking. It was like that for about 6 years. Zero light got inside. The clock was the only way I knew what time it was.

Latest posts

Back