Introduction post

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sillyaustralian

Reaction score
Hello people

This is my introduction. I've suffered from chronic depression ever since I was a teenager. I'm now 44 years of age and still suffer in silence (mostly). I've always thought I have had some sort of mental illness but never got around to getting proper help or treatment. Things came to a head a few months ago when things got really bad in my life and I wanted to kill myself.

It's affecting me in all areas of my life so I've decided (or rather was persuaded by my cousin) to see a psychiatrist as she thinks I've been broken for many years and need to be fixed. I rarely feel happy and nothing much gives me any lasting joy. And I always tend to catastrophise and assume the worst in any given situation and it can make work very challenging at times and driving absolutely terrifying.

I'm not sure how long this is supposed to be and I don't want to write a novel about my life story and how much it sucks donkey balls so I'll leave it at here for now.

Thank you for allowing me to join this community.
Are we allowed to remain anonymous?
Yours sincerely

Sillyaustralian

Of course you can remain anonymous. Share whatever you are comfortable sharing about yourself or your life.

We all have issues. Everyone experiences depression, so don't feel ashamed about that. I'm glad you've decided to get help. And welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum.
You can write as little or as much as you want. There's also a diary section you can start and write as much as you feel. Hope you find some peace.

Welcome to the forums :)

Welcome from me as well. :)

Such a very caring community this is here, so never feel alone and no need to suffer in silence.

Letting as much or as little as you like out will help in some way. Take care. x

G’day Mate! I think a lot of us suffer in silence. Perhaps we’ve found a place where people can understand and we don’t have to be silent. I get you not wanting to post your life story because it just sucks donkey balls and blah blah blah who cares to hear it anyways! Thats also why we suffer in silence I think. At least for me I don’t even like to talk to people because I don’t have many happy stories to tell, and who wants to be around a miserable person all the time! If you ever want to drop me a PM and tell me your life story, I will listen. Good luck and I hope you find peace here!

G’day Mate! I think a lot of us suffer in silence. Perhaps we’ve found a place where people can understand and we don’t have to be silent. I get you not wanting to post your life story because it just sucks donkey balls and blah blah blah who cares to hear it anyways! Thats also why we suffer in silence I think. At least for me I don’t even like to talk to people because I don’t have many happy stories to tell, and who wants to be around a miserable person all the time! If you ever want to drop me a PM and tell me your life story, I will listen. Good luck and I hope you find peace here!
you've summed up pretty well why we don't share our issues irl.

I'm also suicidal, you're not alone @sillyaustralian

Hi. I’m new here but i could totally relate to not feeling any happiness. I kind of slog through my days. Momentary happiness such as a good movie but then back to the heaviness. I speak out loud to myself. I’m a good person. I won’t always feel this way. I will feel happiness again. Etc. it helps- when i have the energy to do it!!!

Latest posts

Back