Introduction

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZenRider

Reaction score
Good morning
I have been divorced for 3 years and left my desk job for a view of the open road in a commercial truck. I'm curious as to what individuals do to combat the loneliness that comes with isolation. I enjoyed Facebook but enhance deleted my account as I was getting bombarded with ads and videos and seeing little from FB friends? The digital world seems to enhance feelings of loneliness but is that all we have now?

Thank you. I have read a few threads as time allows. Driving from Atlanta to Salt Lake City over the next 3 days so that will keep me busy during the days

Hi ZenRider 🙂 greetings to you. I know what you mean about ads and other junk in FB - I find I use the news feed less and less now. And 100% agree scrolling the news feed can enhance the lonilessnes. But FB account can be a great tool to just to reach out when the need arises to simply share a photo or drop a "Hi 🙂" to someone. I think it is great you are hitting the road 🚛 something I would love to do .... exploring all the small towns between major cities. And in my travels, would collect a postcard from each place (eeks.. 😬 do places still sell postcards 🏞 or are they passe' now and I just dramatically aged myself?) You could collect other things like maybe coffee mugs or baseball caps. Just gives your trip a personal purpose. Cant let the digital world be all there is... well you can if you want 🙄 and I know I spend way too much time online ... but I think everyone is different and we each just need to find a comfortable balance that is suitable for us. That balance between online and live real world can be skewed one way or the other at different times in our life. On occasions, I have banned myself from the internet (other than work purposes) to break the obsession and restore balance.

Well, dont be shy on telling any stories about small towns you stopped in 😊

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back