Is fear of dating different from low self esteem?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I fear being used, I fear being hurt, and definitely have accumulated trust issues (they aren't exactly unwarranted..), but could this be something that stems from low self esteem, or is it something else? I haven't had any desire to ask a girl out in almost 5 years, and I haven't.

I don't want to sound like one of those red-pill guys or anything, but I'm gonna just throw this out there, even if no one wants to read through it.

I just don't believe attraction is the same thing for men and women. I don't think a woman feels the same thing I could. I believe women can love their kids, but with men it's more like a lifestyle thing, for the fun of it, or maybe even just social status.

I fear getting attached to someone that won't feel the same way as I do. What if I invest time into someone who is going to try to take advantage of me? Time is irreplaceable.

Does this make any sense? Is this just me trying to justify having low self esteem and a negative outlook on people, or is this a different avenue of personal problem?

Latest posts

Back