Is it me?...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a lot of issues due to the stupid gland, I was gonna go to the states for a 3rd opinion but my mum thinks it'll be harder for me out there because I'll have to deal with everything in a different country.
Yeah, it probably would be more difficult for you here with your issues, but America also has some of the best doctors in the world.

I would try to find someone to explain exactly what you want to know in terms that won't be scary or gross for you. I can't imagine not being able to find someone to be able to do that for you.

It's honeysuckle, im angry that some jerks have messed with my life this much... but it is what it is, I just wish I wasn't so afraid. and awh thats okay I would say... but I dont want anyone using it against me on here... some have a habit of doing that. It's the one thing I dont really joke about or take lightly, you know? The recovery was explained in the first appointment and I swear... all I heard was static like nothing that was said... how strange.
It's an "evolving" area of study. My neurologists said that I would be dead by now. So they like to test me and see how much more fuxed up I am than the last test. It sux.
My psychiatrist is the one who actually found a medicine that actually helps me to think.

It's honeysuckle, im angry that some jerks have messed with my life this much... but it is what it is, I just wish I wasn't so afraid. and awh thats okay I would say... but I dont want anyone using it against me on here... some have a habit of doing that. It's the one thing I dont really joke about or take lightly, you know? The recovery was explained in the first appointment and I swear... all I heard was static like nothing that was said... how strange.

I'm no neuroscientist, but the brain fascinates me both physically and psychologically. That's an understandable reason to want to keep your privacy, I'm sorry people are THAT **** ignorant and judgmental here. Good luck. Keep me posted as to what happens.

The recovery was explained in the first appointment and I swear... all I heard was static like nothing that was said... how strange.
I don't think it's strange at all. You were likely in shock and focused on "omg, wtf does that mean, brain surgery????? OMFG" That honeysuckle is scary regardless.

I also want to add that you should not do it until you are 100% satisfied with the answers you get and understand it. If you absolutely HAVE to have it done, keep going to doctors until you find one that will take the time to make sure every single one of your questions is answered and you understand, regardless of what those questions may be and if they are serious or trivial.

Yeah, it probably would be more difficult for you here with your issues, but America also has some of the best doctors in the world.

I would try to find someone to explain exactly what you want to know in terms that won't be scary or gross for you. I can't imagine not being able to find someone to be able to do that for you.
I was thinking I could do some months out there and see a top neurologist because... UK doctors are good but I think American doctors are great. Not sure
It's an "evolving" area of study. My neurologists said that I would be dead by now. So they like to test me and see how much more fuxed up I am than the last test. It sux.
My psychiatrist is the one who actually found a medicine that actually helps me to think.
I swear thats crazy, they think I'll have substantial vision reduction and I already have all these other gross things happening to my body that they said will just get worse the longer I wait, but they did say it shouldn't kill me, so theres that. I cant imagine being told that, Jesus....

I'm no neuroscientist, but the brain fascinates me both physically and psychologically. That's an understandable reason to want to keep your privacy, I'm sorry people are THAT **** ignorant and judgmental here. Good luck. Keep me posted as to what happens.
You know what, I think the brain is so special yet... so many others just see is as... another part... I could never see it that way, it's so... special to me, I think its weird but I will update since I've thrown it out there.

I don't think it's strange at all. You were likely in shock and focused on "omg, wtf does that mean, brain surgery????? OMFG" That honeysuckle is scary regardless.

I also want to add that you should not do it until you are 100% satisfied with the answers you get and understand it. If you absolutely HAVE to have it done, keep going to doctors until you find one that will take the time to make sure every single one of your questions is answered and you understand, regardless of what those questions may be and if they are serious or trivial.

You know what, I came out feeling as clueless as I went in, it was all very logical and to the point, he even put a long pin thing on my head and said it's located right there... and we will... something something something, I just blanked him out. My aunt said I should type out questions and ask them to respond in writing so I can look at it a little at a time. So I'll try that and maybe look at 2 doctors from the states as they are kind enough to use the MRI images I got done here before I go out there.

You know what, I came out feeling as clueless as I went in, it was all very logical and to the point, he even put a long pin thing on my head and said it's located right there... and we will... something something something, I just blanked him out. My aunt said I should type out questions and ask them to respond in writing so I can look at it a little at a time. So I'll try that and maybe look at 2 doctors from the states as they are kind enough to use the MRI images I got done here before I go out there.

They will definitely look at your previous images, but they may insist on having their own done if they aren't happy with them or they want to see if it has changed since then. Writing down questions is a very good idea. Write them down in your phone or a notepad as you think of them wherever you are. Make the list as long as you need to, it's your body and you have every right to ask as many questions as you want.
Definitely do your research on doctors before you come here and make an appt. Some places take months to get into. I did a little search and found this list of best hospitals for neurology. Number 3 is in France, 5 is in London and 6 is in Germany...might be worth checking into since it might be easier given your location. https://www.newsweek.com/worlds-best-specialized-hospitals-2022/neurology

Oh and also, keep in mind that American doctors are also extremely expensive, especially if you go to world renowned hospitals. My kid and my mom have both been at one of those on that list and it was over $8000 just for the bloodwork.

Last edited:
They will definitely look at your previous images, but they may insist on having their own done if they aren't happy with them or they want to see if it has changed since them. Writing down questions is a very good idea. Write them down in your phone or a notepad as you think of them wherever you are. Make the list as long as you need to, it's your body and you have every right to ask as many questions as you want.
Definitely do your research on doctors before you come here and make an appt. Some places take months to get into. I did a little search and found this list of best hospitals for neurology. Number 3 is in France, 5 is in London and 6 is in Germany...might be worth checking into since it might be easier given your location. https://www.newsweek.com/worlds-best-specialized-hospitals-2022/neurology

Oh and also, keep in mind that American doctors are also extremely expensive, especially if you go to world renowned hospitals. My kid and my mom have both been at one of those on that list and it was over $8000 just for just the bloodwork.
Yeah I go so often in that crappy machine, god protect the person who invents a silent on of them... omg thanks, deffo gonna check this out. Yeah American doctors are pricey they know how to charge thats for sure. I have had small procedures done in the states but cosmetic nothing too crazy and it's cost me a bloody fortune lol

Latest posts

Back