Is letting go scary for everyone?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CenotaphGirl

Under the dirt, that’s my home ⚰️
Reaction score
It's about that time... so I will spear you all the details and get straight to the point.

I am out of hospital and on regular medication, I feel better however, relationship wise... I am in the gutter.

It's like a cross road, I usually always never allow my ex to move on long, I let him play house with someone just long enough,

Knowing he is mine has always been the one constant, regardless of the other women.

But this time it's different, this time... I want to let him go... So why do I keep finding myself feeling afraid to let go?

Is being afraid to let go normal?... idk... it's not because I don't love him, but it's because I do.

Anyway, I'm back, better, and ready to engage lightly, but not full on, so take it easy with old Ceno x

Welcome back.

I believe everyone is scared of letting go. It might be less or more scary depending on the situation, your mental stability and how much you care about them, but yeah, I think everyone goes through that at some point.

I've been through it several times, but in the end, it is worth it.

Welcome back.

I believe everyone is scared of letting go. It might be less or more scary depending on the situation, your mental stability and how much you care about them, but yeah, I think everyone goes through that at some point.

I've been through it several times, but in the end, it is worth it.
Cheers!

And you know what, I am starting to see there are some hardships or things that are scary that must be faced regardless.

hello and welcome back I hope that you are doing well you don't know me, but I have read some of your posts hope that you are doing better and that we are able to converse in the future I won't (Hijack the thread) like Callie said to me but I just wanted to say welcome back.

hello and welcome back I hope that you are doing well you don't know me, but I have read some of your posts hope that you are doing better and that we are able to converse in the future I won't (Hijack the thread) like Callie said to me but I just wanted to say welcome back.
Nice to virtually meet cha Bam 😇 and thanks!

you are always welcome I love to converse with everyone if you ever feel the need to chat, or you need someone to listen to you I am here I don't mind conversating about mostly anything. Like I said I won't (Hijack your thread any further lol) but you are free to (or not) reach out to me. Have a wonderful day or evening.

Welcome back Cen.
Fear Of The Unknown is indeed normal.
It's ingrained in our instincts.
I was afraid to move on from my 8-year relationship, and with each step I took the more I realized that she was holding me back.
Life has a funny way of repeatedly bringing us humans back to a crossroads and strongly suggesting we do some soul searching.
We do the opposite of that because that's a scary experience, aaanndddd eventually end up right back at that exact same crossroads. Yet again, to be strongly suggested to do some soul searching.
This repeats, until we actually choose to go and do said soul searching.

you are always welcome I love to converse with everyone if you ever feel the need to chat, or you need someone to listen to you I am here I don't mind conversating about mostly anything. Like I said I won't (Hijack your thread any further lol) but you are free to (or not) reach out to me. Have a wonderful day or evening.
Too kind 😇

Welcome back Cen.
Fear Of The Unknown is indeed normal.
It's ingrained in our instincts.
I was afraid to move on from my 8-year relationship, and with each step I took the more I realized that she was holding me back.
Life has a funny way of repeatedly bringing us humans back to a crossroads and strongly suggesting we do some soul searching.
We do the opposite of that because that's a scary experience, aaanndddd eventually end up right back at that exact same crossroads. Yet again, to be strongly suggested to do some soul searching.
This repeats, until we actually choose to go and do said soul searching.
Omg I never thought about it like this, ever! But it makes sooo much sense. I feel like I am in a constant loop. Everytime I get my head together I find the same man to help me tear it apart 😅

Welcome back, Cenogirl!
Hello and welcome back,I hope you are feeling better :)

Thank youuu bothh, glad to be back 😇

Welcome back! Glad to to know you’re back on your feet - we’ve missed your witty banter here. 😊

And yeah - letting go is hard. I was in a long-term relationship, 10+ years, that in retrospect was extremely damaging to my mental and physical health. So much so that I was having very severe anxiety issues that manifested as physical symptoms - things like chronic dizziness, heart problems, major weight loss. Anyway, after finally being forced to leave that relationship (he ended it, I didn’t), I realized he had done me a great kindness. Fear of the future, fear of the unknown, fear of being able to stand on your own two feet - it’s all scary honeysuckle.

It's about that time... so I will spear you all the details and get straight to the point.

I am out of hospital and on regular medication, I feel better however, relationship wise... I am in the gutter.

It's like a cross road, I usually always never allow my ex to move on long, I let him play house with someone just long enough,

Knowing he is mine has always been the one constant, regardless of the other women.

But this time it's different, this time... I want to let him go... So why do I keep finding myself feeling afraid to let go?

Is being afraid to let go normal?... idk... it's not because I don't love him, but it's because I do.

Anyway, I'm back, better, and ready to engage lightly, but not full on, so take it easy with old Ceno x
High highs. Low lows. Always chase the highs and get through the lows. Makes it hard to remember why I'm trying to move on, and I just end up pining for the highs.

Hey Hey Princess, welcome back, glad you're on the mend.
Yeahhh I'm being held together with bubblegum and paperclips lolz

Welcome back! Glad to to know you’re back on your feet - we’ve missed your witty banter here. 😊

And yeah - letting go is hard. I was in a long-term relationship, 10+ years, that in retrospect was extremely damaging to my mental and physical health. So much so that I was having very severe anxiety issues that manifested as physical symptoms - things like chronic dizziness, heart problems, major weight loss. Anyway, after finally being forced to leave that relationship (he ended it, I didn’t), I realized he had done me a great kindness. Fear of the future, fear of the unknown, fear of being able to stand on your own two feet - it’s all scary honeysuckle.
Awh thanks and wow, I relate, my ex gets to me, he just is no good for me as much as I love him, want him back, I have to stop the cycle.
High highs. Low lows. Always chase the highs and get through the lows. Makes it hard to remember why I'm trying to move on, and I just end up pining for the highs.
Hmmm I've never been one to focus on the positives, interesting.

I walk alone.
Somebody can join me for the ride, but it's always better to be able to hold yourself first, before trying to hold someone else.
Emotional dependency is not something particularly endearing to most. Causes more problem than it solves.
You have to figure out you don't NEED anyone. It's a more aytractive quality in my book.

Welcome back. I've been thinking about you and having positive thoughts. :)

I'm remembering back and I have always been glad to break up with the other person. I almost always feel relieved even if I still loved them. I typically give it my best shot. If it wasn't good enough then I'm done. There's no point continuing on.

It seems normal, but then I'm an obsessive loser who still thinks about (and googles) women he hasn't spoken to in years, so my thoughts on this aren't balanced or healthy.

Letting go is difficult if you feel insecure and uncertain about finding someone in the future, maybe more so because you're in a stage of life where you're still finding out who you are and the end of a relationship is like saying goodbye to that part of life. That said a lot of people your age go through partners like it's nothing, so I'm not sure.

Welcome back, glad you're okay.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back